Discouraged With the DAS video chat process

Disney#1Stop

Our family plans annual vacations to Disney in November and it was exciting to hear about the pre-registration through video chat. Unfortunately I have been waiting since 3:50pm. I may have to try tomorrow, and get back into the queue. This process has been discouraging. Has anyone been connected with a Cast Member and if so, how long should I expect the wait to be?
-A proactive mom of 3.

Vegas Disney Fan

I will say after testing I see why people want the scheduled return times. You get the 2 plus one floating return time if you do that. It is a definite perk.
Does that only happen after the first interview?

We ended up setting up DAS in the park, because we couldn’t get through on the phone, but I’m wondering if we can do reservation when we go next time now that we’re in the system? Or would we have to call and wait on hold all day again to pre-reserve?

Upvote 0

vikescaper

We ended up setting up DAS in the park, because we couldn’t get through on the phone, but I’m wondering if we can do reservation when we go next time now that we’re in the system? Or would we have to call and wait on hold all day again to pre-reserve?
As far as I understand, as long as you are in the system from a previous visit and it isn’t 60 day from the time you signed up, you are good to go. I may be wrong about it but that’s how it worked for a family member recently.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

You will need to re-up every 60 days. This has been the norm since DAS was introduced. To do the pre-booking you need to do it via internet and not phone as well. If you want to pre-reserve after the video chat, you just need to hang on to the text chat window and you'll schedule via chat (text only). If your 60 days is not up, you'd still need to get online to do the text chat portion.

Upvote 0

RSoxNo1

DAS Video process was limited to 6 guests as a hard cap. We had 7 guests in our party for the first two days of our trip. I went to a Blue Umbrella today to get a DAS reservation for Runaway Railway for all 7 of us without issue. I expected that to be the case. Later on today, I went to my phone to book another DAS reservation, this time for Frozen Ever After and I was actually able to add all 7 guests. I suspect that the Guest Services member at the Blue Umbrella modified my ability on the app either intentionally or unintentionally.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

DAS Video process was limited to 6 guests as a hard cap. We had 7 guests in our party for the first two days of our trip. I went to a Blue Umbrella today to get a DAS reservation for Runaway Railway for all 7 of us without issue. I expected that to be the case. Later on today, I went to my phone to book another DAS reservation, this time for Frozen Ever After and I was actually able to add all 7 guests. I suspect that the Guest Services member at the Blue Umbrella modified my ability on the app either intentionally or unintentionally.
I have gotten a lot of different answers on this one. Some do a hard cap. Some do add one or two if very obviously traveling together. Someone said they could add all 8 in a party we had once but then select 6 when it's time to ride. It's really at the discretion of the CM. I personally don't mind adding full parties if just a couple. I did get irked at a party of 15+ that came through and ran past with two just so that their party could beat us. Or so it seemed.

Upvote 0

tb91

I've waited 11 hours for the past 4 days in a row only to be timed out at 10pm. One day CM joined 5 hours in but son was in school, he offered to keep chat open but then closed it when I pinged back. Today CM joined after 7 hours, child also in school, said she couldn't help, kicked me to back of line. Assuming today doesnt work I'll have spent nearly 45 hours in the chat queue for this service. Love the parks, grateful for the service, but this is an insulting and disrespectful process to put someone through regardless of the topic.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

I've waited 11 hours for the past 4 days in a row only to be timed out at 10pm. One day CM joined 5 hours in but son was in school, he offered to keep chat open but then closed it when I pinged back. Today CM joined after 7 hours, child also in school, said she couldn't help, kicked me to back of line. Assuming today doesnt work I'll have spent nearly 45 hours in the chat queue for this service. Love the parks, grateful for the service, but this is an insulting and disrespectful process to put someone through regardless of the topic.
That's horrible. They need a call back time or something

Upvote 0

RSoxNo1

I have gotten a lot of different answers on this one. Some do a hard cap. Some do add one or two if very obviously traveling together. Someone said they could add all 8 in a party we had once but then select 6 when it's time to ride. It's really at the discretion of the CM. I personally don't mind adding full parties if just a couple. I did get irked at a party of 15+ that came through and ran past with two just so that their party could beat us. Or so it seemed.
Over two days the need for 7 guests affected us 3 times and each time Disney accommodated it. While I never outwardly stated it, the choice was basically, we would have two groups of 6 at different times of the day or one group of 7 now.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Over two days the need for 7 guests affected us 3 times and each time Disney accommodated it. While I never outwardly stated it, the choice was basically, we would have two groups of 6 at different times of the day or one group of 7 now.
For us, our others are those who will return at a later date so I never felt the need to push. Some people have motion sickness issues anyway so not all rides were for all as it was. I really don't mind that they have a cap. As I said I wish someone would've put a cap on that family of 15+ I get some travel with huge families but at that point split the group and let those who can tolerate go through regular line. Not like they'd ride together anyway all of them.

Upvote 0

gaylat

I have been trying to video chat with someone for almost a week now. I log in and wait 5+ hours a night, and nothing. I will randomly get logged out, so I have to log back in again, so maybe that is messing me up but I don't know how to stop that from happening and my screen/computer doesn't go in sleep mode while I am waiting. Every day when I log back in to request a video chat I get a message from the day before that says something like "thanks for contacting us to pre-register, but due to the popularity of this service there are high wait times. We value your time, but we are no longer taking chats this evening sorry for the inconvenience. We look forward to helping you again. Conversation closed by the agent at 'time and date'"

The first time I logged in to told me to type the word start, but every day since I get that same "sorry we missed you blah blah blah" and then the only way I get the "welcome to the queue for this service and the wait time can be hours" message I have to type a word in the chat box.

Can someone please help me out and tell me if I am stuck in a loop and if so how to possibly get out of it, some tips about what times are the best to request the video chat, or anything really at this point because I am getting so frustrated? I understand that waiting to plan trips to Disney can take some time, but I have spent over 20 hours this week trying to speak to someone on this video chat. I leave for my trip in less than 30 days, and I would love to pre-register for the DAS not to really get the opportunity to select some rides before I go, but just so I don't have to spend the first hour or so on my first day at Guest Relations getting my DAS pass

Upvote 0

correcaminos

I have been trying to video chat with someone for almost a week now. I log in and wait 5+ hours a night, and nothing. I will randomly get logged out, so I have to log back in again, so maybe that is messing me up but I don't know how to stop that from happening and my screen/computer doesn't go in sleep mode while I am waiting. Every day when I log back in to request a video chat I get a message from the day before that says something like "thanks for contacting us to pre-register, but due to the popularity of this service there are high wait times. We value your time, but we are no longer taking chats this evening sorry for the inconvenience. We look forward to helping you again. Conversation closed by the agent at 'time and date'"

The first time I logged in to told me to type the word start, but every day since I get that same "sorry we missed you blah blah blah" and then the only way I get the "welcome to the queue for this service and the wait time can be hours" message I have to type a word in the chat box.

Can someone please help me out and tell me if I am stuck in a loop and if so how to possibly get out of it, some tips about what times are the best to request the video chat, or anything really at this point because I am getting so frustrated? I understand that waiting to plan trips to Disney can take some time, but I have spent over 20 hours this week trying to speak to someone on this video chat. I leave for my trip in less than 30 days, and I would love to pre-register for the DAS not to really get the opportunity to select some rides before I go, but just so I don't have to spend the first hour or so on my first day at Guest Relations getting my DAS pass
I talked about this on a different thread. The errors and logging out do not affect. Just swap browsers and log back in. It keeps your spot. Here is a link to see if it's the same thing you saw https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/das-pre-scheduling-for-spring-break.976456/

I was logged in at 7:08 almost a month ago and within 45 minutes had the chat video done. It took just over another hour of waiting to schedule my days. Something to keep in mind, to schedule everything you need to be 30 days out for each day so waiting until 30 days until last day is smart.

All this said, I have never waited an hour for DAS registration at the parks. But doing it in person doesn't allow any preschduling. But my suggestion is to just log on asap of opening time. I suggest doing it on a laptop as it is easier to swap browsers if you get an error. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Prince-1

Why would anybody wait on a call for more than an hour when you can get the DAS at the park and basically have no wait at all. We did it at the MK guest services last year and it took 15 minutes and that was because the line was 10 minutes long.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Why would anybody wait on a call for more than an hour when you can get the DAS at the park and basically have no wait at all. We did it at the MK guest services last year and it took 15 minutes and that was because the line was 10 minutes long.
Because with a short trip I don't want to use any precious vacation time to do this. I also work from home and leaving a window open is easy. There is a bonus to scheduling in advance too with the 2 pre-scheduled slots.

Upvote 0

gaylat

I talked about this on a different thread. The errors and logging out do not affect. Just swap browsers and log back in. It keeps your spot. Here is a link to see if it's the same thing you saw https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/das-pre-scheduling-for-spring-break.976456/

I was logged in at 7:08 almost a month ago and within 45 minutes had the chat video done. It took just over another hour of waiting to schedule my days. Something to keep in mind, to schedule everything you need to be 30 days out for each day so waiting until 30 days until last day is smart.

All this said, I have never waited an hour for DAS registration at the parks. But doing it in person doesn't allow any preschduling. But my suggestion is to just log on asap of opening time. I suggest doing it on a laptop as it is easier to swap browsers if you get an error. Good luck.
That is the screen I get when it logs me out and I have to log back in, but the screen I have included is the screen I get every day when I log back on to try again. The only way to get this to go away is to type something and then I get that "please wait" message.

Attachments

• DAS.png
    DAS.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0

correcaminos

That is the screen I get when it logs me out and I have to log back in, but the screen I have included is the screen I get every day when I log back on to try again. The only way to get this to go away is to type something and then I get that "please wait" message.
Hmmm. I haven't seen that. Are you trying to log into a different browser when you get the first error message?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom