News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

lazyboy97o

I agree that Eisner did more for the Company (especially Imagineering and the parks), but by reading both books, I also found him to be much more egocentric and threatened by others' strengths.
Iger spent how long swearing up and down he was going to name a successor and retire? Then when he finally happened he insisted on staying around as a babysitter. Iger is much better at managing his image but incredibly egocentric.

the.dreamfinder

The Eisner book blows anything in his out of the water. You can tell the difference in the way they talk about the company and others that helped them. Both of course are autobiographical and have their egos, but if you ever wondered on Eisner's we did it vs Iger's I did it, read the two books.
Eisner was an English major in college. It always showed in his writings for the company like the shareholder’s report letter.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Iger spent how long swearing up and down he was going to name a successor and retire? Then when he finally happened he insisted on staying around as a babysitter. Iger is much better at managing his image but incredibly egocentric.

He was actually contractually obliged to stick around as a result of the Fox deal until the end of this year. He either could have done what he did or stayed on as CEO until December 31, 2021.

JoeCamel

He could have left one of the many times he said he would before the Fox deal he initiated to get the type of content he had stopped Disney from producing.
He had to stick around to look out for his interest in the company. Now that he's sold more than half he might be ready to let it go.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom