News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

GimpYancIent

A bit like when you said the following then?

It seems to be doing better than you predicted prematurely?

A long term success or failure, who knows right now? However it seems to be booking alright beyond it's maiden voyage.
Don't gloat yet. All I am saying is let's see once it actually sails. The Titanic was a big deal too.

JoeCamel

A bit like when you said the following then?

It seems to be doing better than you predicted prematurely?

A long term success or failure, who knows right now? However it seems to be booking alright beyond it's maiden voyage.

Don't gloat yet. All I am saying is let's see once it actually sails.
It's paid for now......

seascape

The Star Wars Galactic Cruiser is expensive, but, to proclaim it a success is premature. Folks that feel motivated to book and lock in the money now are doing so (May The Force be With Them). The success or failure of this experience hinges on the after experience reviews, comments and any desire to do it again by the guests that do it in the first 90 or so days. If the people that experience it deem it not worth the money I do not see it lasting long after.
My wife and I are going to book for our September trip but are trying to figure out the days. We will either start our trip with this or end it. If it is fun we may do another and or other types of experiences like Marvel. Rember this a hotel is not a themepark and as long as it is outside of Orlando can be built. Think if they decided to revisit a NYC Property. They could include a Marvel experience and Broadway plays.

GimpYancIent

My wife and I are going to book for our September trip but are trying to figure out the days. We will either start our trip with this or end it. If it is fun we may do another and or other types of experiences like Marvel. Rember this a hotel is not a themepark and as long as it is outside of Orlando can be built. Think if they decided to revisit a NYC Property. They could include a Marvel experience and Broadway plays.
If Disney was to take over Coney Island? That would be interesting! Due to regions climate an enclosed experience / experiences in addition to the existing icons it would be HUGE.

MagicHappens1971

Are you saying a marvel theme park? Because even then it could not be built in New York. A Marvel hotel, yes. But not a theme park.

LovePop

I just got to thinking, there's something I missed in the past about the bookings of SWGS. I imagined that only people who are serious about going will be calling to book. However, what I didn't think about are the fans who can't afford it but book it anyway just to be "part of the booking experience." They call time and again, wait on the phone for hours, talk to the CMs and ask tons of questions, score a reservation and put down a deposit on their credit card for a couple of weeks, then call back to cancel. It all costs nothing is great fun. Some do this on purpose, while others maybe subconsciously, like making a new years resolution: I will put down a deposit now and save money in the next few months to pay for this trip. But as time passes and no money is being saved, negative thoughts begin to invade the mind "I should wait till the reviews come out to see if it's worth it").

The proof is in the pudding. By next month, voyages in March will begin to require full payment that are nonrefundable and nonchangeable without a heavy penalty. By then, we'll know for sure which months are fully booked.

MagicHappens1971

I said a hotel. However, while I don't think they can build one at WDW, I wonder about Vero Beach or Tampa?
They could build a marvel hotel at WDW if they wanted to. (AFAIK) if they couldn’t build a marvel hotel at WDW, they can’t build one anywhere in Florida I would think then. The contract is exclusively theme park rights. Nothing stopping them from building a hotel though. They most likely wouldn’t be able to use the word Marvel, which is consistent with in park promotions of characters they can use. They can’t even use “Marvel” over at @ Avengers campus .

gorillaball

March, April, and May are fully booked -- presumably, since they don't show up any more. Well past half a billion dollars in reservations.

View attachment 598085
What's the math on this half a billion in reservations? - I'm missing a part somewhere. Let's go with the $5300 voyage total for 3 guests in a cabin, x 100 cabins is $530,000 per voyage, x 45 voyages (90 days in Mar-May/2 day trips). $24,000,000

mergatroid

Don't gloat yet. All I am saying is let's see once it actually sails. The Titanic was a big deal too.
I'm not gloating, merely pointing out that your first prediction was premature and incorrect. It stands out as you're now accusing other people's predictions of success as being premature which seems a bit ironic.

To be clear I like Star Wars but just to watch the movies. I'm not a huge know everything fan, never been to a Star Wars weekend, never read a book or comic, have no idea about cannon, own just one Star Wars t-shirt which was a present from somebody who didn't know what I wanted one Christmas and have no interest in paying for this hotel. Some posts just read as being a bit desperate for this venture to fail which I find a bit odd is all? I have no idea of it's long term success and have made no predictions, however it's exceeded some of the negative predictions made on here already and feels like the goal posts are being moved already by some who made those claims?

Last edited:

Patcheslee

Ehh, I think they identified a niche opportunity and have the resources to turn it into a cash whale. I don't think it is a ripoff but the people that do book think it has value.
No one knows if it does at this point, the salesman set the price and people are promising to pay it.
Yes they cut the land, I don't think they deferred the offerings to this experience. It is a very small thing like VIP tours, MK tours, weddings. Just another way to make a buck and it seems to be working well.
Anxiously waiting for first repots....
They still have the ultra high dollar option of offering a wedding package later. Figure Captains Suite accommodations with the captain doing a quick 30 minute ceremony would fetch a pretty penny.

corran horn

What's the math on this half a billion in reservations? - I'm missing a part somewhere. Let's go with the $5300 voyage total for 3 guests in a cabin, x 100 cabins is $530,000 per voyage, x 45 voyages (90 days in Mar-May/2 day trips). $24,000,000
I don't know about 'half a billion' (justifying their investment is Disney's problem, not mine, idgaf about their problems) but you're treating $5300 as the average room cost per voyage? There's certainly accommodations more costly than that, by far, and that's probably got to be the bare minimum cost.

mergatroid

I just got to thinking, there's something I missed in the past about the bookings of SWGS. I imagined that only people who are serious about going will be calling to book. However, what I didn't think about are the fans who can't afford it but book it anyway just to be "part of the booking experience." They call time and again, wait on the phone for hours, talk to the CMs and ask tons of questions, score a reservation and put down a deposit on their credit card for a couple of weeks, then call back to cancel. It all costs nothing is great fun. Some do this on purpose, while others maybe subconsciously, like making a new years resolution: I will put down a deposit now and save money in the next few months to pay for this trip. But as time passes and no money is being saved, negative thoughts begin to invade the mind "I should wait till the reviews come out to see if it's worth it").

The proof is in the pudding. By next month, voyages in March will begin to require full payment that are nonrefundable and nonchangeable without a heavy penalty. By then, we'll know for sure which months are fully booked.
"Great fun", it sounds more like serious psychological problems for anyone actually doing that? I suppose it's not impossible but what percentage of those booking do you think spent up to 7 hours on their phone just for 'fun', 0.05% ?

Last edited:

LovePop

If the SWGS becomes profitable, I hope Disney uses the money for the greater good of general Disney fans and, say, build another SW hotel that is big enough and affordable enough for the majority of SW fans to enjoy time and again. What I fear is that WDW might become encouraged to build more tiny hotels with 100 rooms, that cater to very limited luxury clientele such that it is mathematically impossible for most WDW guests to experience or visit even once.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If the SWGS becomes profitable, I hope Disney uses the money for the greater good of general Disney fans....

J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF

bubbles1812

"Great fun", it sounds more like serious psychological problems for anyone actually doing that? I suppose it's not impossible but what percentage of those booking do you think spent up to 7 hours on their phone just for 'fun', 0.05% ?
I know we did not have fun calling for our booking. It was just stressful. I wrote earlier that we called 300+ times…

We actually looked back to calculate the amount of calls and between two phones, we called 417 times before successfully getting into the queue.

If anyone would like to hear the same 16 second speech before being hung up on over and over and over 417 times, only to then wait 20 minutes to talk to a middle man, to then wait 90 minutes to talk to the booking agent, just for the “experience/fun” of putting 20% down so you can cancel three weeks later…

Well, you’re one wackadoodle doo.

Last edited:

corran horn

If the SWGS becomes profitable, I hope Disney uses the money for the greater good of general Disney fans and, say, build another SW hotel that is big enough and affordable enough for the majority of SW fans to enjoy time and again. What I fear is that WDW might become encouraged to build more tiny hotels with 100 rooms, that cater to very limited luxury clientele such that it is mathematically impossible for most WDW guests to experience or visit even once.
Yeah, it'll be the second thing.

matt9112

"It won't fully book beyond it's first month". Seems not going the way some said on here? :D
I mean the capacity of this thing is tiny. Plus with euro travel around corner....i think it will work only because its so small. Granted i still think things will be cut and or watered down after launch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom