News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

Chapek will not be held responsible if someone catches COVID. He will blame hygiene.

1D792523-1FD0-431E-90BA-E8476F7CEB3F.jpeg

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
And that is so vague as to be unenforceable.

Proving causality is the legal requirement. Having reasonable policies suggested by a government authority (CDC) to mitigate transmission in place such as inside facemasks increases the burden on the complainant to prove that infection occurred during someone's visit to a Disney facility and not somewhere else. If infectious Covid viruses glowed, then there the possibility there would be visible physical evidence, but it doesnt.

GimpYancIent

You do understand that Universal could make less money and still have higher profits right? Higher profits does not necessarily equate to higher attendance - expense cuts factor into it as well and increased revenue per guest. Revenue is still lower than pre pandemic.
WOW! You sound like BOB.

danv3

How many time does a claim been filed against their insurance, or a demand letter been settled out of court? No one knows because no one would know, that stuff wouldn’t make it to the courts. Lawsuits aren’t the only reason they pay out claims.

Americans need to stop thinking beyond the lawsuit as the only option.
I would guess single digit settled COVID claims against Disney. Quite possibly zero.

Even plaintiffs attorneys realize claims like those aren't winners.

nickys

Premium Member
https:///2021/10/disneyland-paris-major-change-face-mask-policy-kc1/

"To promote the health and safety of guests and Cast Members, guests aged 6 and older will be required to wear a protective face mask at all times, in Disney Parks, Disney Hotels, all indoor locations at Disney Village and Golf Disneyland. Guests can temporarily remove their masks only when eating or when taking a picture at designated outdoor Selfie Spot locations. All Cast Members and third-party operators will continue to wear face masks in all indoor and outdoor locations across the resort."

This is the requirement for Paris. THe only real difference now is the 6yo vs 2yo...... why is it 6yo in Paris I have no idea. Just further evidence that Disney is going along with local authorities.

My guess is we will see a statement soon.

But who knows?
WHO advice has always been that wearing a mask for under 5s is not recommended. Not sure anywhere in Europe has required them for under 5s at any time.

DisneyCane

I would guess single digit settled COVID claims against Disney. Quite possibly zero.

Even plaintiffs attorneys realize claims like those aren't winners.
No attorney would take the case because there is almost no chance to get a settlement or award. It isn't worth their time and financial risk. I doubt many people are willing to pay six figures out of pocket to pay for the suit with the very high risk of losing AND having to pay Disney's attorney's fees and other costs.

If there was any real liability, you'd see TV commercials (or ads on this site) soliciting clients to be Plaintiffs against Disney.

Trauma

Contrary to some people’s beliefs, comedy doesn’t give people the right to say whatever they want without consequence.

Criticizing an employers rules isn’t smart, and doing so in a “joking” manner doesn’t change that.
So let me guess criticizing your employers rules is fine when it comes to diversity or wages, masks not so much.

No one can question anything that goes against your worldview. That’s just not funny and they should be punished.

maui2k7

I would imagine that Disney is going to keep the mask mandate in place at WDW through the end of the year so they do not have to go through reimplementing it should cases rise again.

I don't consider this to be 'fine print.' You have to actively accept a waiver every single time you go one of their theme parks:
1635516445656.png

I would imagine that Disney is going to keep the mask mandate in place at WDW through the end of the year so they do not have to go through reimplementing it should cases rise again.
Disney isn't in the business of keeping revenue losing measures so they don't have to "go through reimplementing them." And I'm not sure how the "end of the year" is significant. It is a calendar page change; which is completely insignificant to the state of the pandemic.

maui2k7

I don't consider this to be 'fine print.' You have to actively accept a waiver every single time you go one of their theme parks:
View attachment 596671

Disney isn't in the business of keeping revenue losing measures so they don't have to "go through reimplementing them." And I'm not sure how the "end of the year" is significant. It is a calendar page change; which is completely insignificant to the state of the pandemic.
I hope you are right - I am tired of all of these mandates.

legwand77

Perhaps unpopular opinion, but many of the pro mask mandate crowd at this point will never be happy with any restrictions/mandates being relaxed, this week this month or year. There is no way to remove risk 100% which is the unsaid/subconscious goal for them. It is a PTSD from what society has gone through. They will say we need to wait until an arbitrary time and then continue to push that out as that time approaches because it is too soon.

Heelz2315

I kinda would like WDW to keep them a little while longer as well. I would hate if things get bad in a few weeks/months they bring them back. Leave them for a little while longer and make sure things won't return. Maybe give it till Spring?

Angel Ariel

Perhaps unpopular opinion, but many of the pro mask mandate crowd at this point will never be happy with any restrictions/mandates being relaxed, this week this month or year. There is no way to remove risk 100% which is the unsaid/subconscious goal for them. It is a PTSD from what society has gone through. They will say we need to wait until an arbitrary time and then continue to push that out as that time approaches because it is too soon.
I disagree. I think most will be on board once all have an opportunity to be vaccinated. I know I will be significantly more at ease with all of this once I’m able to get DD vaccinated - hopefully starting next week.

the rush of relief I experienced when the fda panel announced it would recommend approval on Tuesday was an intense combo of relief, happiness, crying, finally feeling like there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

correcaminos

There is some truth of this for quite a few people. The trauma of the pandemic has consequences for some for sure. I can be super sympathetic to this but at the same time I don't enjoy living in fear. There is a fine balance to be made and for some it will be nearly impossible to reason through though a therapist might help.

I disagree. I think most will be on board once all have an opportunity to be vaccinated. I know I will be significantly more at ease with all of this once I’m able to get DD vaccinated - hopefully starting next week.

the rush of relief I experienced when the fda panel announced it would recommend approval on Tuesday was an intense combo of relief, happiness, crying, finally feeling like there is a light at the end of this tunnel.
For the average person it doesn't affect it like you are saying. I was relieved totally and dropped masks when allowed. I also wear when asked. I balance it mentally okay considering my other issues lol.

There are some who absolutely developed PTSD and will almost never feel comfortable. For these people it will be true. As I said I can understand even though I'm totally comfortable out and about. I follow social cues and as masks are being dropped as cases here drop, I'm good to remove.

I do hope that we will have choices with masks indoors soon. Sometimes they help with smells ;) and have happily used them for that reason alone, but there were times I really wanted to remove just because it felt pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom