Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jeff4272

The only thing that sold out that early was ROTR. For everything else they had availability in the evening/afternoon had you slept in til 9.
Ummm no. That’s not how it works.

there’s 370 pages on this thread and prob half of them from today alone. You obviously didn’t read them.

disneygeek90

wait.. what... DISNEY was accomodating to a concern raised when automatic recovery didn't work?

HOW CAN THIS BE? THIS IS A NEW PRODUCT.
Ehhh. This was announced years ago and anyone could forsee this predicament without much effort. Disney deserves to be critiqued when necessary, and imo this was a preventable opportunity that shouldn’t require a special stop at guest services.

Buried20KLeague

That's a good compromise. Disney still gets the money in some fashion and people get their money back.

How in The world is that a compromise?? Disney gets your money, end of story. The compromise is getting your money back for lack of product received.

WDW is turning into the punchline of a bad joke.

if I don’t get get the ride I paid for, don’t give me a card that forces me to spend those dollars on something I don’t care as much about, like some piece of junk I can apparently buy at target.

Jrb1979

How in The world is that a compromise?? Disney gets your money, end of story. The compromise is getting your money back for lack of product received.

WDW is turning into the punchline of a bad joke.
They were never going to give people their money back. They have said no refunds.

Buried20KLeague

So anytime Disney offers something new, you are in fear Disney is going to overnight flip and NOT be the most generous company around when it comes to Guest Recovery?

So what percentage of impacted people do you think are not going to find satisfaction with a simple re-ride?

You guys are focusing on CORNER CASES (I am leaving, I have ADRs, etc) to create concern like the whole thing is at risk. For the people that the default resolution doesn't work, Disney will work with you. IRREGARDLESS OF THE PRODUCT - This is how Disney works. Seriously... you all act like Disney is gonna say "sorry, you lose!!!".

Meanwhile... hundreds survived this gauntlet today and there were no reports of mass casualities or examples of the Rise of Scrooge punishing small children.

give me back my money, we’re good. That’s not what the first reports are of. If they were to give me a gift card in exchange, I’d find a place to swipe it. If that’s not how it plays out long term then fine. But that sure seems like something they’d cover on day 1 of guest relations when it comes to this mess.

TrojanUSC

Ummm no. That’s not how it works.

there’s 370 pages on this thread and prob half of them from today alone. You obviously didn’t read them.

Um, yes, it is. I was there today and used the service. They do not sell out of Genie+. You can buy it at any time during the day. Some attractions may sell out both on G+ and for the "individual selections." Today, the ONLY thing which sold out early was the ROTR "individual experience" (took about an hour). Everything else was still available for booking or purchase as of 9AM.

Guests using Genie+ can't book multiple LL bookings at once, so they have to have inventory throughout the day available for people to keep booking and get their money's worth. For example, if you wake up at 7AM and book a LL for Haunted Mansion at 10AM, you won't be able to book another LL reservation until you ride Haunted Mansion. So someone buying Genie+ at 10:15AM from their bed will have the same inventory as the person who gets off Haunted Mansion at 10:15AM and starts to look for their next option.

Buried20KLeague

wait.. what... DISNEY was accomodating to a concern raised when automatic recovery didn't work?

HOW CAN THIS BE? THIS IS A NEW PRODUCT.

they kept their money for a product they didn’t provide and provided house credit that can’t be used outside the gates.

that’s as stupid as people that bought Mickey dollars before their trip that could only be used inside the gates without knowing how many actual dollars they’d actually spend.

Buried20KLeague

It's a simple resolution where they didn't have the software feature to provide an immediate refund. Like was said, Disney has a 101 things it could do and will to do bend over backwards to accommodate guests even when automatic options are viable. This whole thing has been a nuthing burger from the start.

a refund option shouldn’t have been implemented before launch?? Lolololol

I don’t need 101 things. I just need my money back for something I wasn’t given.

Seems simple.

Buried20KLeague

They were never going to give people their money back. They have said no refunds.

that doesn’t mean giving you a gift card is a compromise…. It means they created a crap policy for guests who could get screwed out of what they pay for through no fault of their own.

unless they want to give me a toolbox and let me take a swing at fixing an A100 an hour before park close so maybe I can still get my ride in before park close. I’d go for that.

Buried20KLeague

if you buy a plane ticket for January to go to Tokyo to visit Disney sea and the airlines can’t fly there because Japan is still locked down over Covid, are you gonna be cool with the airline keeping your money indefinitely?

you shouldn’t be.

Marriedatdisney

one of a few scenarios have to play out for genie+ to have value

1. Higher gate cost reduces daily attendance, making wait times reduce.
2. Number of people buying genie+ is less than prior fastpass usage
3. Additional rides add capacity and attendance hold steady or declines.
4. Pricing for genie rises and reduces demand
5. genie+ distribution is more efficient than FP.

flynnibus

Premium Member
they kept their money for a product they didn’t provide and provided house credit that can’t be used outside the gates.

that’s as stupid as people that bought Mickey dollars before their trip that could only be used inside the gates without knowing how many actual dollars they’d actually spend.

yes… the anount of suffering these people will face now is untenable. I mean, the nerve to expect someone might have a simple need/opportunity for $15 in disney money on a disney vacation??

if you got it back on your card you weren’t going to be spending that same amount elsewhere before you leave?

oh the humanity!

flynnibus

Premium Member
if you buy a plane ticket for January to go to Tokyo to visit Disney sea and the airlines can’t fly there because Japan is still locked down over Covid, are you gonna be cool with the airline keeping your money indefinitely?

you shouldn’t be.
Did you have tickets booked in 2020? I did…. Where is that money now?? Still in united’s pocket.

Buried20KLeague

yes… the anount of suffering these people will face now is untenable. I mean, the nerve to expect someone might have a simple need/opportunity for $15 in disney money on a disney vacation??

if you got it back on your card you weren’t going to be spending that same amount elsewhere before you leave?

oh the humanity!

what if it’s my last night in the parks? And I’m in the coveted “once in a lifetime” demo that TDO so desperately craves? Where should I spend that gift card? Why not just put it back on the same card it was paid from?

this is a horrible guest policy and it will be be changed faster than the mist got turned off on top of everest.

The problem is that it’s policy in the first place. It further shows their hand.

flynnibus

Premium Member
a refund option shouldn’t have been implemented before launch?? Lolololol

I don’t need 101 things. I just need my money back for something I wasn’t given.

Seems simple.
If you scroll back i alreysaid months ago this would be the easy option. So what, disney decided no cash refunds. Big deal.
nevermind the vast majority that paid for the attraction just want to get a reride and will be fine with that.

people have been beating this drum like its the biggest concern about this whole thing. It’s like people find a crack and blow it up to be the doomsday event.

if i ever get this concerned about 20 bucks… on my 5k+ disney vacation just put me out of my misery.

flynnibus

Premium Member
what if it’s my last night in the parks? And I’m in the coveted “once in a lifetime” demo that TDO so desperately craves? Where should I spend that gift card? Why not just put it back on the same card it was paid from?

this is a horrible guest policy and it will be be changed faster than the mist got turned off on top of everest.

The problem is that it’s policy in the first place. It further shows their hand.
You don’t have gift cards sitting around in your life?

if its the last night on your once in a lifetime trip… don’t you think you could simply have a different conversation with the GR person?

or … you could just use the gift card to pay that crazy disney hotel bill on checkout. I can’t see how anyone could live through this suffering…

Buried20KLeague

If you scroll back i alreysaid months ago this would be the easy option. So what, disney decided no cash refunds. Big deal.
nevermind the vast majority that paid for the attraction just want to get a reride and will be fine with that.

people have been beating this drum like its the biggest concern about this whole thing. It’s like people find a crack and blow it up to be the doomsday event.

if i ever get this concerned about 20 bucks… on my 5k+ disney vacation just put me out of my misery.

its an easy fix that means much more to the guest than the house. The fact it’s policy in the first place is the problem. They want this whole rollout to be accepted by guests with open arms?? Don’t screw them over when it’s not in their control. It’s simple.

Buried20KLeague

You don’t have gift cards sitting around in your life?

if its the last night on your once in a lifetime trip… don’t you think you could simply have a different conversation with the GR person?

or … you could just use the gift card to pay that crazy disney hotel bill on checkout. I can’t see how anyone could live through this suffering…

1. I’m smart enough to stay in bonnet creek.

2. “Once in a lifetime” is their term, not mine…. And it’s meant for families that visit once every 5 years or less. If I knew I wasn’t coming back for 5 years or more, I wouldn’t take a gift card.
And maybe that’s what GR does if there’s pushback. But we haven’t heard that yet. And IMO, they should offer a gift card OR a refund. It’s not hard. They should lead with that. Or make a refund as simple a process as the one they use through the app to TAKE your money.

3. No, I don’t believe I have gift cards floating around that aren’t used.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom