Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

JAB

Provided there's any left at:
1 pm
3 pm
5 pm
7 pm
Reports from today seem to be that only SDD & RotR have run out of availability so far. Not a guarantee for other days, but given how many bloggers were probably in the parks buying G+ to report on it, it's at least encouraging news.

hopemax

Reports from today seem to be that only SDD & RotR have run out of availability so far. Not a guarantee for other days, but given how many bloggers were probably in the parks buying G+ to report on it, it's at least encouraging news.
Smuggler's Run had no availability when I checked at 4:10 WDW Time. It's showing availability when I started this post, so either a slight refill or cancelations. Just now it went from 6:05 to 8:05. But it's one to watch.

And one more refresh, and it's back to "Not currently offered."

jd12

Hi guys, I've been out out the loop a while...

I have 2 questions about Genie :

1) Does it also work on iPad or only on phones?
2) Do some of you know a way to use "sub-groups" of our party to make separate plans on certain days?

Thanks
JD

JAB

Smuggler's Run had no availability when I checked at 4:10 WDW Time. It's showing availability when I started this post, so either a slight refill or cancelations. Just now it went from 6:05 to 8:05. But it's one to watch.

And one more refresh, and it's back to "Not currently offered."
I wouldn't be surprised if more run out as the day goes along. It will be interesting to see where everything ends up by the end of the day. It will also be interesting to see how availability fairs on busier days as we approach Thanksgiving / X-mas.

awoogala

Yes, you will have to wait until the day of to purchase Genie+.
well, that is truly irritating. if we are all on the same hotel reservation, you'd think it should work like fp+ did, as long as you have a reservation, you should be able to book for length of stay. oh well, I'm glad this is our last trip for a long while, the whole thing is exhausting.

TimeTrip

I'm optimistic reading todays posts that Genie+/ILL is resulting in people only paying to "reserve" when there is something they really want to ride, rather than the old FP+ mantra of "I have 3 I have to book them all" leading to people using them on lower tier attractions causing their standby (my perception) to be way longer than pre-FP+.

matt9112

Some day I'm going to move to Orlando. I will buy one of those dirt cheap $400 annual passes for locals. I will walk into a park leisurely with no phone, no fastpasses, and no hurry, and do everything you say. I will look upon the tourists with condescending pity, knowing that I was once one of them, but I've gone up in the world because I now live at Disney World.

Some day.

Those passes dont exist anymore.

jpinkc

Ok... just got a email from our Disney travel person, she says you CAN NOT add Genie+ currently to your tickets unless you are staying at an ON Property (IE Disney run) hotel. Swan and Dolphin and etc guests are not able to add Genie+ until maybe another week or 2.

arich35

I am a little worried with getting Genie+ when park hopping. Seems like Epcot and HS would be a perfect day to get G+ but Slinky Dog is the main attraction people will want. If I am not going to HS until lets say 5 or 6 in the evening, getting a pass for SD is going to be tough. It seems like waiting until maybe 8 or 9 AM for a later evening pass for SD would be best but that really limits the passes you can get at Epcot the first 5 hours of the day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom