Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Patcheslee

So as we slide into early evening… SDD sold out at 10AM, Smuggler’s Run is sold out, Test Track return times are out to 8:25, RnRC is 7:20, Jungle Cruise is 7:05. These are the pinch points. And this is at crowd level whatever. Any day more crowded, or higher utilization and these sellouts / long return times should happen earlier in the day unless they take more from Standby.

I just wonder how fast SDD becomes an ILL and does it bump MMRR down or do they go to 3 ILLS, of which you can pay for 2?
I'm keeping and eye on MMRR currently it's offering 6:00pm. Come 4:40pm last BatB show time for the day will end, Dance Party would be 5:15pm last slot, Frozen would be 7:05 last shows time slot. May end up with more people purchasing once they've run out of shows and used all the LLs

hopemax

You can always refresh those for earlier. I was just playing and refreshed at 7:20pm RnRC to 5:40pm.
While your point could help someone squeak through a pinch point, the fact that RnRC showed that late of an option at all means they are closer to selling out their allocation than other rides which consistently showing earlier times. Making it a pinch point. I wanted to identify which attractions we should keep our eye on as days go by and crowds increase. An individual being able to refresh can provide hope someone else might get lucky, but it shouldn’t be an assumption that all a person needs to do is refresh.

DCLcruiser

This is not accurate. The 2nd Genie+ LL would need to come 2 hours after park opening (unless redeemed prior)..

7 AM - Book 1st LL - SDD @ 3:25 PM
11 AM - Book 2nd LL - ToT @ 3:35 PM

1 PM - Book 3rd LL - MFSR @ 5:15 PM
3 PM - Book 4th LL - RnRc @ 6:10 PM

"Two hours after the park opened, we were then able to book access to The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror from 3:35 p.m. – 4:35 p.m."
Thank you. You are correct. I have updated my first post to reflect 11 AM to prevent confusion.

Right but i think the bigger point is that was likely a typo
That one was not a typo for me. The article says 3:25 and 3:35 (with screenshots from MDE).

Last edited:

Jeff4272

While your point could help someone squeak through a pinch point, the fact that RnRC showed that late of an option at all means they are closer to selling out their allocation than other rides which consistently showing earlier times. Making it a pinch point. I wanted to identify which attractions we should keep our eye on as days go by and crowds increase. An individual being able to refresh can provide hope someone else might get lucky, but it shouldn’t be an assumption that all a person needs to do is refresh.
Agree 100% and that was my point earlier. This isn’t a strategy.

Chi84

Premium Member
Dumb question, I'm not seeing a way to add Genie+ to a previously purchased 8 day park hopper. I know they said you would have to wait until day of to add it to APs, but I thought it could be added to park hoppers.

Where should I be looking?
On the home page next to My Future Plans you will see My Day with the option to change it. Change that day to the first day of your park hopper ticket. You should then be able to scroll down to a purple bar asking if you would like Genie+. If you click that, it should lead you through a series of prompts letting you add it. You have to add it for the entire trip.

JAB

Even Disney can't come up with one branding.
  • Individual Lightning Lane
  • A la Carte Lightning Lane
  • Individually Purchased a la Carte
Don't forget the OG - "Individual Attraction Selections" 😏

Since there's no official branding for the a la carte LL attractions, various departments seem to have come up with different ways to describe it. Honestly, I think "a la carte" is a simple, concise way to describe it. Do like they've done in this flyer - put the Lightning Lane branding at the forefront, and then mention the two ways to get access are Genie+ and a la carte.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom