World Drive Phase-III

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Roundabouts are being built everywhere these days, at least in the southeast. I've seen a bunch of intersections removed and replaced with them in coastal NC.

It's been a huge improvement too -- the traffic flow is much better than at a four way stop sign or even a stoplight when people know how to use them correctly (which is a problem; a lot of people still treat them like a four way stop which completely defeats the purpose).

With that said, those roads don't see anywhere near the level of regular traffic that this road will. They're mainly slammed one day a week during the weekly rental changeovers.
Yeah…tried that where it was already crowded 50 years ago…
…been taking them out for the last 20

castlecake2.0

Not at all…and I don’t think they have need current or medium term for new hotels.

I was more thinking this could be an eventual step toward moving the mk entrance area as has often been speculated
Even after all the work they’re doing to current MK parking? Or possibly just leaving options open.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Could you imagine the meltdown on the boards if Disney were to build a hotel this generic?

View attachment 594197
Your wish is granted…

1634571626379.jpeg

JohnD

Roundabouts are being built everywhere these days, at least in the southeast. I've seen a bunch of intersections removed and replaced with them in coastal NC.

It's been a huge improvement too -- the traffic flow is much better than at a four way stop sign or even a stoplight when people know how to use them correctly (which is a problem; a lot of people still treat them like a four way stop which completely defeats the purpose).

With that said, those roads don't see anywhere near the level of regular traffic that this road will. They're mainly slammed one day a week during the weekly rental changeovers.

Amelia Island, FL has them everywhere. After crossing the A1A bridge, to get to the Amelia Island Plantation, for example, you have to go through six of them.

Or try this on for size, an X interchange at A1A and I-95.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Even after all the work they’re doing to current MK parking? Or possibly just leaving options open.
Parking lots can be dozed far easier than Disney let’s on…

but those flyovers do lead to one rumor specifically…expanding the poly with DVC into the ttc/over 7 seas drive…

freeing up the parking lot by putting it somewhere to the northwest…or even going garages on the current site…allows more prime development land on already site prepped land (in the 60s by better men) on the lagoon…

YorkshireT

I’m in UK where roundabouts are everywhere- literally. I much prefer them to sat waiting at lights and in a lot of scenarios they work better IMO.
They only ever put new roundabouts in when they are either taking out traffic light controlled junctions, or intend at some stage to build a new spur road off the roundabout.
You lot should visit a town called Telford in the UK (next to Ironbridge, the birth of the Industrial Revolution) . This ‘New Town’ is relatively small by US standards and has 120 roundabouts.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, when they steal work from @danlb_2000 and don't credit him, they should be called out. That's a real nasty thing to do.
I’m not disputing that…

i’m just saying if the goal is attention for fee…it might be working for them.

several notable news worthy figures thrive at that too.

the appeal of stupidity. Like Seinfeld.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom