Labor cost cutting measures begin at Walt Disney World as the company enters Q1

JoeCamel

What are you even talking about? Europe might be more expensive but tipping is actually a bonus vs a requirement. Also since most places in europe haven't crapped on workers for decades they don't have as drastic ground to make up on pay that they would need to bump prices that much.

Disney is already the leader is prices. What would they be afraid of apart from execs making slightly less? I would reiterate it was substantially cheaper even with food to visit disney paris vs the US disney parks in 2019. Cedar point did not greatly increase prices after the raises and they are in the US and substantially cheaper. Also labor is often a smaller percentage of actual cost than people people think which is why they don't need to raise prices as much as you think to cover those costs.
Mmmm

Walt was a cutthroat capitalist who paid people like **** when he could, but he was also a master salesmen and understood that you need the people buying your product to believe in what you sold them so not everyone always got screwed. And also you need your employees to believe in the company. Chapek works for shareholders and makes it too obvious as a retail man that he views cast members as a cost. People hate him over even previous CEOs. He will not change. I would work for universal or just exit the market.

UNCgolf

Actually the “moderates” are the biggest ripoffs of them all…

though if they think they can continue to add to the deluxe prices…that may no longer be true.

I actually think the moderates are the best value by far at this point, or at least Port Orleans is. Not so sure about the others, but when you can stay at Port Orleans for only $50-100 more than an All-Star, but $250 less than a deluxe...

None of them are great value, of course.

JoeCamel

I actually think the moderates are the best value by far at this point, or at least Port Orleans is. Not so sure about the others, but when you can stay at Port Orleans for only $50-100 more than an All-Star, but $250 less than a deluxe...

And that is kinda the point what you are comparing them to. I know you know this

UNCgolf

Stock price = success of a company, - business 101

Well that's not even remotely close to being true.

Stock price = snapshot of what investors currently believe about a business. It has no real bearing on how successful a business actually is.
Obviously there's an extreme example like Enron where investors have been misled through fraud, but there are also companies like Uber that have high stock prices based on speculation but the actual business is hemorrhaging tremendous amounts of money every year.

I suppose you can be redundant and just claim a high stock price is the point of a business and therefore a high stock price means success, although I think that's overly simplistic at best.

Last edited:

wutisgood

Right best value is just staying offsite and paying for parking. Even on the early morning hours they arent long enough vs buying another day.

Stock price = snapshot of what investors currently believe about a business. It has no real bearing on how successful a business actually is.
If I have learned one thing from memestocks and short term investors it is that you cannot beat these people in any near term nor assume any pump or dump is actual reality. The main reason Tesla has a market cap they do now is momentum when short sellers who thought they could bankrupt the company gave up. Now tesla will prob be worth it eventually but the share price is way ahead of schedule due to that reason. If you believe in a stock the only thing you can do is just keep it long term and ignore everything else. And also directly register with computershare so no one can manipulate your shares.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

$300 range isn’t indicative of the level of amenities at exterior entry lodges…Coronado with the tower and the better food is best deal by a lot.

but to your point…they are “better” because they’re charging around $200 for pop and allstars and starting a ridiculous $500-600 for basics at the deluxe now

can’t put a price on magic…but you can totally jump the shark on it

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Obviously there's an extreme example like Enron where investors have been misled through fraud, but there are also companies like Uber that have high stock prices based on speculation but the actual business is hemorrhaging tremendous amounts of money every year.

I suppose you can be redundant and just claim a high stock price is the point of a business and therefore a high stock price means success, although I think that's overly simplistic at best.
Correct…we learned that sophomore year…or after the dot.com crash, housing crash, and unlimited QE to ensure no billionaires ever have to get in a bread line 👍🏻

celluloid

Right best value is just staying offsite and paying for parking. Even on the early morning hours they arent long enough vs buying another day.

If I have learned one thing from memestocks and short term investors it is that you cannot beat these people in any near term nor assume any pump or dump is actual reality. The main reason Tesla has a market cap they do now is momentum when short sellers who thought they could bankrupt the company gave up. Now tesla will prob be worth it eventually but the share price is way ahead of schedule due to that reason. If you believe in a stock the only thing you can do is just keep it long term and ignore everything else. And also directly register with computershare so no one can manipulate your shares.

And if economical or able, buying an Annual Pass to boot to invest in the free parking factor. Then you have many more days of value and parking.

This is all only going to become more true once DME officially ends.

UNCgolf

$300 range isn’t indicative of the level of amenities at exterior entry lodges…Coronado with the tower and the better food is best deal by a lot.

but to your point…they are “better” because they’re charging around $200 for pop and allstars and starting a ridiculous $500-600 for basics at the deluxe now

can’t put a price on magic…but you can totally jump the shark on it

For me POR is significantly better than Coronado, but that's because I like the grounds and the overall quiet there; if they cost the same I'd choose a POR room over the Coronado tower 100% of the time. You're right about the dining but I don't care about resort dining anyways -- AKL is the only one that really moves the needle for me re: dining. Grand Floridian might too but I've never actually eaten there. I do like the Boardwalk (mainly for Flying Fish), but I've never really considered that resort dining even though I suppose it technically is.

Either way, the prices are all wildly inflated for what's actually offered.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For me POR is significantly better than Coronado, but that's because I like the grounds and the overall quiet there; if they cost the same I'd choose a POR room over the Coronado tower 100% of the time. You're right about the dining but I don't care about resort dining anyways -- AKL is the only one that really moves the needle for me re: dining. Grand Floridian might too but I've never actually eaten there. I do like the Boardwalk (mainly for Flying Fish), but I've never really considered that resort dining even though I suppose it technically is.

Either way, the prices are all wildly inflated for what's actually offered.
Well…Bob closed the full service restaurant about 15 years ago…so port orleans is a bit of sacred cow in sheep’s clothing for me.

the primary thing is it’s “not huge”…that people like

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Well…Bob closed the full service restaurant about 15 years ago…so port orleans is a bit of sacred cow in sheep’s clothing for more.

I was talking about Riverside, not the French Quarter -- Riverside actually is quite big but it's got so many trees you don't really notice it. It always feels empty and quiet even when it's busy (which is one of the main reasons I like it). It also still has a TS restaurant, although I've never eaten there and haven't heard good things.

I know a lot of people love French Quarter too. I've been over there but definitely prefer Riverside, although they're so close together that they may as well be one resort.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was talking about Riverside, not the French Quarter -- Riverside actually is quite big but it's got so many trees you don't really notice it. It always feels empty and quiet even when it's busy (which is one of the main reasons I like it). It also still has a TS restaurant, although I've never eaten there and haven't heard good things.

I know a lot of people love French Quarter too. I've been over there but definitely prefer Riverside, although they're so close together that they may as well be one resort.

Ok…

that’s Dixie and I like it just fine. That 2002 name stupidity was on my watch. And since it was a place fabricated in 1991…I realize it’s all make believe. I require humans to have more cognitive abilities. I’m a pain like that.

riverside has 2,112…caribbean had 2,112…Coronado had 2,112…port about 1000

lewisc

Well…Bob closed the full service restaurant about 15 years ago…so port orleans is a bit of sacred cow in sheep’s clothing for me.

They changed the resort to Port Orleans with 2 sections FQ and Riverside. Theoretically the restaurant in the PO section counts for FQ.

A deluxe gives you better transportation to theme parks. Balconies. Signature dining. Extra Evening hours. PO vs a value gives you better theming and a table service restaurant. OK and a slightly bigger room.

Better value has always been offsite. More obvious as the perks get reduced. Not sure what the price increase from a value to a moderate gets you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom