Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

mightynine

The whole point of having two ILL attractions has to be to keep one or the other from getting hit hard, as well as increasing the amount of possible money they can get.

It makes no sense for Disney to decrease it to just one in terms of crowd control or getting more money out of you.

dreday3

I just don't think those of us who are being "volunteered" to try this out the first week or so will really have that much of an issue.

I think a lot of people will wait to purchase, see how it shakes out.

Whatever, I can't get upset about it. Even if something goes wrong, it will work out.

Casper Gutman

Bets on how this will look a year from now?
Changes? Price increases? Etc
Here’s the thing - I don’t want to be alarmist (more than usual, anyway), and I don’t really believe it myself but… why wouldn’t this morph into a new ticket system, with a price to ride each ride? Because guests wouldn’t accept it? Evidence is they would. Because management knows this is a step too far? There’s nothing to indicate that. If they can monetize each ride individually, justifying theme park investment on Wall Street gets a lot easier. They can pretend it’s all to limit crowds, just as they are pretending now. The infrastructure is in place.

I don’t think they’ll do this, but I’m not sure WHY I don’t think they’ll do it.

dreday3

Here’s the thing - I don’t want to be alarmist (more than usual, anyway), and I don’t really believe it myself but… why wouldn’t this morph into a new ticket system, with a price to ride each ride? Because guests wouldn’t accept it? Evidence is they would. Because management knows this is a step too far? There’s nothing to indicate that. If they can monetize each ride individually, justifying theme park investment on Wall Street gets a lot easier. They can pretend it’s all to limit crowds, just as they are pretending now. The infrastructure is in place.

I don’t think they’ll do this, but I’m not sure WHY I don’t think they’ll do it.

Well, that would finally stop me from going, so there's that.... :)

Although do you mean get ride of the base price? Or in addition? Because getting ride of base price would be going back to ticket books.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

Because half of their fans who don’t fantasize about bathing in pixie dust would say bye Felicia

PolynesianPrincess

And so it begins... 😂

Not sure what you're laughing at. There ARE people who will pay Disney ANYTHING, no matter the cost, no matter what they're selling, even if its not worth the value. They may see the value in it, but Disney fans have spoken. Every single article I've seen on social media about it are met with 9 out of 10 responses being negative. I've never seen this much backlash over something, especially from people who I've never heard say a bad word about Disney EVER.

dreday3

Would it? If they did it gradually, step by step, over six years or so?

For us it would. But I never make promises.
But I've been told I'm cut off from WDW for a bit anyways! :D

Seriously though, it's not like I love paying for Genie +, so pushing it farther would push us farther away.

Vegas Disney Fan

I’m very curious how many people will actually use this, 10%, maybe 20%, far less than free FP+ at least. Standby lines should still be much shorter than before.

Disney has offered front of the line VIP service forever, very few people use it due to cost, more will obviously use this because it’s more affordable but it’s still a pretty big expense for most, an extra $60 per day for a family of 4 plus $40 per ILL ride adds up quick.

I just don’t see most people using this so I don’t think this will have a massive affect on lines. Time will tell.

PolynesianPrincess

I think this is for the people who do not want to get to the parks at rope drop or necessarily stay until park closing. Not everyone vacations the same way.

I understand that and if these people wanna pay money to ride certain rides on top of the money they already paid to get into the parks then more power to them. It's something I would never do. I'm not going to give Disney more money to ride the attractions without a line. Just wait, In a few years, there will be charges to even have the option to buy the individual LL options. "Buy now to have the opportunity to purchase individual attractions!!!"

dreday3

Not sure what you're laughing at. There ARE people who will pay Disney ANYTHING, no matter the cost, no matter what they're selling, even if its not worth the value. They may see the value in it, but Disney fans have spoken. Every single article I've seen on social media about it are met with 9 out of 10 responses being negative. I've never seen this much backlash over something, especially from people who I've never heard say a bad word about Disney EVER.

It won't matter.

Paying for front of line access is here to stay.

I don't say that to be contrarian, it's just the truth.

Casper Gutman

Because half of their fans who don’t fantasize about bathing in pixie dust would say bye Felicia
I mean, if you told me ten years ago tickets would be over $140, the Yacht Club over $700, and the Christmas party over $200, I’d have been sure of the same kind of attendance drop. But here we are. Do it over a few years, hedge it in PR speak, offer some nice discounts here and there - is this really the straw that breaks the back?

Vegas Disney Fan

This sounds a lot like the old ticket book that DL opened with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom