News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

syandell2000

As with DVC opportunity to book an early cruise on Wish (requiring points), everyone assumed this was a way for Disney to burn off 2 years of excess points, but this is really crazy.

pdude81

You can transfer points into the collection past your banking deadline for whatever reason. That's what the restriction is about

JaxFLBear

The "must be booked 4 months prior to use year" caught my eye. Does DVC normally have that requirement?
It's called the "Rule of Four" which applies to most Disney Collection Reservations. Under the "Rule of Four", a Disney Collection Reservation that will occur during the last four months of your UY must be booked more than four months prior to the end of the UY.

Ayla

I feel for cast members answering today. Just got through my 2 hours hold and they picked up to tell me that there is nowhere to send me. I don't even understand what the point is of having middlemen here. They took down my information though and said I should get a call back in 3 hours, where essentially I assume there will be nowhere to send me.

Oddly as I was writing this I got a callback immediately and then had to push a button to wait for the next available cast member.
My laughing emoji isn't towards you, it's for what a freaking cluster Disney has made this. Raise your hand if you're surprised.

SpaceMountain77

We (me, DH, DD13) could stay at Poly LV for 3 weeks with the points required, that's insane.

I was actually thinking about Grand Villa opportunities in September. For two adults, if available, 590 points would allow you to reserve a Grand Villa at AKV, BWV, OKW, or SSR for 8 days and 7 nights. An additional 16 and 30 points would allow you to reserve a Grand Villa at BLT or Cabin at CCV, respectively.

It would be more economical to rent one's points, through David's, for example, and pay cash.

Patcheslee

Disney is out of their ever-loving minds.
If you compare the 8/20-9/17 weekday rate they gave for 2 adults a couple months back of $4809, and compare to the points cost for 8/22, it's put them valuing a point at less than $7. Freaking insane

Chomama

Why is the price way worse than you anticipated? Sorry, I'm puzzled. If you have 4 kids, so you'd need 2 rooms, which would be around 5.5k/ night, or 11k total.

Wow, that's expensive! I've spent over 11K on a Disney vacation before, but that was for 23 nights, including food, park passes, deluxe hotels (some nights), and first class airfare for the whole family.
Because the quotes they put out weren’t clear about how much additional kids would be. It’s fine just a bit of sticker shock

danlb_2000

Premium Member
View attachment 591683View attachment 591684
That's *per person.*

For those of you unfamiliar with DVC points charts... a solo traveler on a Galactic Starcruiser itinerary is going to pay the equivalent of:

10 nights in a 2 bedroom ocean view villa at Aulani in November.

36 nights an a savannah view studio at Animal Kingdom Lodge in summer.

THE ENTIRE MONTHS OF SEPTEMBER AND JANUARY COMBINED in an Old Key West Studio.

Maybe I am not understanding how to read this, but why is a solo traveler more then Adult 1st and 2nd?

CaptainAmerica

LOL.

Oh, wait. For reals? Hope all the poor folks with Grand Californian contracts woke up early. Lord knows they have the points. I’d prefer Wilderness Lodge for FIVE WEEKS over 2 nights experiencing more of WDI’s attempt to represent Star Wars.
Rough math.... a family of 4 doing the Starcruiser 8 times (16 nights total) is equal to *moving to Saratoga Springs and living in a studio for an entire year.*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom