News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

corran horn

We are booked for March. I am happy to answer questions, even though I am about to cancel it. 😂. The pricing was waaaaay worse than we anticipated. If you can cram your family into one room it is 5.5k. Of course we have 4 kids and the only room options are a suite or two regular rooms. Both land at just over 11k
Interesting. I think we'll only need one room. Time is variable to us as we're just going to in and out for it. The kids will eat the missed 2 school days if it happens. They'll live.

tlofton

We are booked for March. I am happy to answer questions, even though I am about to cancel it. 😂. The pricing was waaaaay worse than we anticipated. If you can cram your family into one room it is 5.5k. Of course we have 4 kids and the only room options are a suite or two regular rooms. Both land at just over 11k
So was that the Captain’s Suite? I had seen a previous reference to over $12k for 4 in that suite. So I had assumed we’d go with 2 rooms rather than the suite (if we actually decide to do this). But if the Captain’s Suite is effectively the same price that might be a better choice.

Patcheslee

So was that the Captain’s Suite? I had seen a previous reference to over $12k for 4 in that suite. So I had assumed we’d go with 2 rooms rather than the suite (if we actually decide to do this). But if the Captain’s Suite is effectively the same price that might be a better choice.
How many bathrooms and showers do you need? That might be the advantage of 2 rooms.

Patcheslee

Did they mention what the adult vs child cuttoff age was?

Chomama

Did they mention what the adult vs child cuttoff age was?
I think it was 13 but now I forget. It was definitely at least 2 of my kids considered adults. So annoying. I can’t imagine what they can do for 11.5k. I have stayed at some
Hotels that were upward of 1k a night and they are very,very, very nice. This Disney thing has h2o soap so they aren’t exactly trying to make this a luxury experience. I am guessing there are a ton of characters or something. I do have a friend that was used to test the makeup on board and it was incredible movie level stuff. It’s just hard to justify for 2 days

Chomama

The price difference was less than 1k which is why we booked the suite. It has more bathrooms and some living space so it makes sense if you have to get two rooms

nickys

Premium Member
So DVC gets to book tomorrow, MUST use points for at least one person, and they can’t be bothered to tell people how many points until the day of booking. But people will still be on the phone without knowing the cost, which we know will be a terrible value for your points.
This is the same as cruise bookings with DCL. They never release prices until the first day of booking. Don’t know why, but it seems to be the way.

It’s stupid because as you say members will be clogging the phone lines only in some cases to decide not to go ahead.

Chomama

This is the same as cruise bookings with DCL. They never release prices until the first day of booking. Don’t know why, but it seems to be the way.

It’s stupid because as you say members will be clogging the phone lines only in some cases to decide not to go ahead.
I dread tomorrow for people trying to book. It took 7 hours of holding and an hour on the phone to get this done and it was just a small group trying to book

Patcheslee

Could also be people wanting to price different dates. I normally pick a month and start shopping around for cheaper dates. Bit time consuming on the web, couldn't imagine a CS having to do that.

JoeCamel

I think it was 13 but now I forget. It was definitely at least 2 of my kids considered adults. So annoying. I can’t imagine what they can do for 11.5k. I have stayed at some
Hotels that were upward of 1k a night and they are very,very, very nice. This Disney thing has h2o soap so they aren’t exactly trying to make this a luxury experience. I am guessing there are a ton of characters or something. I do have a friend that was used to test the makeup on board and it was incredible movie level stuff. It’s just hard to justify for 2 days
~$11 a minute......

LovePop

Why is the price way worse than you anticipated? Sorry, I'm puzzled. If you have 4 kids, so you'd need 2 rooms, which would be around 5.5k/ night, or 11k total.

Wow, that's expensive! I've spent over 11K on a Disney vacation before, but that was for 23 nights, including food, park passes, deluxe hotels (some nights), and first class airfare for the whole family.

Chuuby

5.5 hours on hold for a guest who wants to spend $$$ for a few nights. Bob himself should have been available for backup

Remember as well , these were 4.5 - 5.5 hour hold times for Club 33 members and Golden Oak owners . You would think it would be in the best interest of the Chapek administration to cater to its highest end customers . Just saying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom