Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABQ

You can get both the flu shot and the COVID booster at the same time. As I said in another post, I was told that if you don't get them at the same time, you have to wait two weeks between shots.
So the CDC apparently has it's own Flu based twitter account. Strange, if you ask me, but it did have this post recently which, as @Chi84 stated, says you can get them at the same time.

Lilofan

I feel pretty good that we will be in a much better place by Spring/Summer. Nobody knows what will happen for sure with variants and vaccinations, but assuming there isn’t some vaccine resistant variant and assuming vaccinations don’t completely stall out we should be at a point where cases are low enough to remove most or all mitigations. If I were a betting man I’d put money on no masks at WDW by next Spring.
Let's hope so and service improves also. Members posting labor cost cutting measures at WDW in that forum.

Last edited:

correcaminos

Found out from the health dept a few days ago that DH and I do qualify to get boosters as caregivers to a high risk person, so we have to figure out the timing on which we are getting first - the booster or the flu shot.
My dad did both at the same time. My high risk friend is scheduled for both too in 2 weeks.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Can’t wait! :hilarious: :hilarious:
F3C9E986-84E2-492D-BC67-6D8608416347.jpeg

Wendy Pleakley

anyone get their flu shot yet?

I'm getting mine later this morning. We go to Disney in a little over two weeks, so I want it now.

I always get a fever after it, hoping maybe this time is different!

Good idea. The last thing I'd want right now is to get a flu while travelling and have to get tested because I don't know if it's COVID or not.

On a related note, I find I've often caught a cold when I go to WDW. I don't know if it's the air travel, the people, the touching of things, etc. but it happens.

I was recommend Astragalus, an herbal supplement, to help fight off colds. I tried taking it before and during vacations and it seemed to help.

And before anyone asks, no it's not something you can take for COVID. Get vaccinated.

disneygeek90

anyone get their flu shot yet?

I'm getting mine later this morning. We go to Disney in a little over two weeks, so I want it now.

I always get a fever after it, hoping maybe this time is different!
I got mine two weeks ago, didn't feel a thing. Though I never have any sort of reaction with the flu shot.

Heppenheimer

Yo! I don't have time to get caught up, but I was wondering, what is Covid? New WDW attraction or what? Even it is existing IP, at least it's obscure. Glad to see them breaking out the old imagination hammers again and trying something new.
It's an off-site replacement for the Wonders of Life. Book your own COVID package, and you can experience your own respiratory distress, ending in intubation and video conferences with your friends and family!

Lilofan

It's an off-site replacement for the Wonders of Life. Book your own COVID package, and you can experience your own respiratory distress, ending in intubation and video conferences with your friends and family!
Maybe the missing Buzz Light year animatronic MIA will make an appearance.

Willmark

I mean. Am I wrong? What purpose has this thread served? Ask yourself has this thread benefited the community in any way? Have there been some informative conversions? Yes, during the first 2 months. Otherwise, no. I’ve seen nothing but divisiveness and nastiness towards each other.
It’s a sorta, quasi-political forum replacement IMO. It’s interesting to spot read here and there, that’s about it.

It also reinforces my belief there are some posters here who I sincerely hope aren’t in positions to effect policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom