Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

ToTBellHop

We'll see. I'm willing to give it a shot - I liked the idea of being able to select the return time rather than pick the next available (for the Genie+ option)... I don't want to have to live on my phone while on vacation to try to get the return time I want,.especially when it's for later in the day....
I felt like I already lived on my phone. I’ve enjoyed standby-only. So much simpler.

Jeff4272

Once at 60 days? More like 73 times at day 60 and then 9 times a day every day after to ensure I got the rides and times we wanted. And then heaven forbid we decide we’d like to do something different while on vacation. I vastly prefer planning my vacation while there, not 2 to 6 months out.
I would book my FP+ For my entire 7 day trip in 10 minutes.

Jeff4272

We'll see. I'm willing to give it a shot - I liked the idea of being able to select the return time rather than pick the next available (for the Genie+ option)... I don't want to have to live on my phone while on vacation to try to get the return time I want,.especially when it's for later in the day....

Take arrival day for example. With FP+ I could schedule 3 attractions I knew I could get on in the peak of the day - but now logging in at 7 will be useless for an afternoon arrival, and I'll have to wait until I land to hope I can get a return time that matches our arrival to the parks.
This is genie+ main flaw. If they don’t stagger availability, it will be just like paper FP and let’s face it, that was TERRIBLE

Waters Back Side

At least from what a poster said, you can bank a ride later in the day if it is the only time available and still grab other rides before it after 90/120 minutes (TBD which one I guess).

But yeah, if they do not spread out the availability it will deem Genie useless for late park goers. I agree. I want to pick my first ride at 930 for a 11 or 12 noon slot (with an hour window). And the first ride I'll want to be a prioritized one...like at HS with MMRR, to get it done first when we arrive. Genie + promises flexibility..let's see of ot lives up to it and caters to all guests preferences and arrival time. I also want to be able to get TOT and Toy Story Mania the same day.

Often people on arrival day head right to a park also and it's the afternoon already. WDW will lose put on Genie + sales to them if they have nothing they want available.

Jeff4272

At least from what a poster said, you can bank a ride later in the day of ots the only time available and still grab other ridrs before it after 90/120 minutes (TBD which one I guess).

But yeah, if they do not spread out the availability of will seem Genoe useless for late park goers. I agree. I want to pick my first ride st 930 for a 11 or 12 noon slot (with an hour window). And the first ride I'll want to be a prioritized one...like at HS with MMRR, to get it done first when we arrive. Genie + promises flexibility..let's see of ot lives up to it and caters to all guests preferences and arrival time.

Often people on arrival day head right to a park also and it's the afternoon already. WDW will lose put on Genie + sales to them if they have nothing they want available.
I am hoping it works like this (this is arbitrary just to make a point)

let’s say there’s 6,000 genie ressies available per day for a ride and the park hours are 9am-9pm……….that would make 500 available per hour

at the first 7am drop, they make 125 available from 9-12pm 125 from 12-3pm then 125 for 3-6pm then 125 for 6-9 pm.

then at 9am repeat the drop and continue throughout the day

this will give guests options to choose a 6pm time when they first log in in the morning to book their first one

This would solve a lot of the complaints I’ve heard about it.

Disney can adjust amounts based on busier hours and park hours especially since they have park reservations so they know how many people are going to the park every day

*** I know my math is off but I hope you understand my point

Last edited:

Waters Back Side

Keep in mind resort guests at 7am will be prioritizing the IAS rides as well to secure a time. Especially with the unknown on how much availability there is and how quick they will go. Someone someone waits to long for those might lose out.

This means 7am Genie selections will be parallel with that. And also slow down the Genie + slots from being filled.

Last edited:

JakeAZ

I'm seeing articles (reliable site, but obviously not 100% verified) that IA$ for AK and EP could be:
EE and FOP
FEA and Remmy

If so, what good is Genie+ at these two parks?! There's maybe 2 other rides my family would ride at each. Such a joke.

At least you have other choices of top rides at MK and HS...

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm seeing articles (reliable site, but obviously not 100% verified) that IA$ for AK and EP could be:
EE and FOP
FEA and Remmy

If so, what good is Genie+ at these two parks?! There's maybe 2 other rides my family would ride at each. Such a joke.

At least you have other choice of top rides at MK and HS...
Is the article you are talking about based on this from this morning?
Latest on Disney Genie rollout and Individual Attraction purchases lineup at Walt Disney World

themarchhare

Not understanding the point of Genie+ when it doesn't include each park's two most popular rides. This system is trash.

I almost wish they'd just follow the every-other-park method of really expensive express (a la Universal Orlando, Sea World Parks, Cedar Fair, Six Flags, etc.). Overpriced? Absolutely. But at least it makes SENSE.

I really feel bad for the cast members because it seems like they're driving Disney Parks off of a cliff and I really don't think it's going to end well. There's not enough of the clientele that they're trying to appeal to that actually want to vacation at a Disney Resort.

Waters Back Side

EE and FOP
FEA and Remmy

At least you have other choice of top rides at MK and HS...

Yeah for AK it would be slim pickings. Safaris would be the only ride worth the Genie. Maybe Navi since it was previously a tier 1. Also if it interests you, since the line gets long you can do the M&G at Adventures Outpost. They really should have only 1 IAS there in FOP and the rest on Genie but they want to be consistent with 2 st each park.

In Epcot if you go one day only you could use it for both Teat Track and Soarin in the same day
That's about the only benefit for Genie for someone on a short trip.

Trauma

Let’s overlook the fact that there isn’t enough rides at 2 of the parks for this to even make sense for a second.

This is why Genie is going to be a terrible disaster unless it changes in some major way.

I’ve been to many theme parks and have paid for many a line cutter pass.

Line cutter passes are sort of nebulas in the sense that you pay for it and the your start going on rides without waiting. You really enjoy some rides, some are ok, others not for you at all.

At the end of the day you had a good time and you’re very happy you didn’t have to stand in line.

Disneys big mistake is the IA$.

This puts the exact value of a SINGLE ride on your cell phone screen.

When the ride your family of 4 just paid $60 to ride is over you can immediately judge if you got your moneys worth. The answer to this questions for many will be NO.

Couple that with how easy it is to post screenshots to social media of how much it’s going to cost you to ride a single ride.

Disney will not have control of this message and the casual Disney fan will assume they have started charging per ride.

Disney can quickly lose control of the narrative.

I know everyone here thinks they are invincible.

I guess we are about to find out.

runnsally

Keep in mind resort guests at 7am will be prioritizing the IAS rides as well to secure a time. Especially with the unknown on how much availability there is and how quick they will go. Someone someone waits to long for those might lose out.

This means 7am Genie selections will be parallel with that. And also slow down the Genie + slots from being filled.
Competitiveness at 7am:
virtual queue>>>IAS>genie+

Chip Chipperson

EE and FOP
FEA and Remmy

Right now, I wouldn't buy Genie+ for either of those parks alone, but would use it there when park hopping.

Fugi

Someone is about to earn Disney a record quarter... then "move on" when things plummet :x. I'll hold my breath, but i'm just praying this doesn't go into effect before my vacation.

CaptainAmerica

EE and FOP
FEA and Remmy

Those make Genie+ more appealing, not less. Genie+ includes the best rides in both of those parks.

CaptainAmerica

Genie+ doesn't include these though. These are all the rides that are extra per-ride, per-person ON TOP of Genie+.
I know how Genie+ works, thank you.

These are not the best rides in either of these parks. Kilimanjaro Safaris is the best ride at Animal Kingdom, and it's on Genie+. Spaceship Earth, Soarin, Test Track, Living With the Land, and Mission Space are all better than Frozen or Rat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom