News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
And the great news is that Disney already has experience doing this sort of thing, since the "decisions we make in Batuu impact how residents there interact with you". Right? I mean, I read that was happening so I assume it all is occurring as planned. :rolleyes:
As far as I know, that technology is in place. It's just too damn crowded for them to switch it on.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I would have preferred if the experience didn't include Galaxy's Edge at all, to be honest. It's going to break the immersion pretty quick when you can walk 50 feet North and run into Slinky Dog Dash.

The way it was presented, GE wasn't even part of the lead in.. leading you to believe they could have done this anywhere in the country. Then they covered the GE portion and it was like... 'oh, I guess it is WDW then...'.

I see it as a crutch that allows them to avoid putting more content in the star cruiser itself... which is another let down (and hurts repeatability IMO).

Between this and earlier hints like all the kid centric stuff... I'm losing faith quickly.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Personally I plant to spend $5K on me and my family going there and writing down everything wrong with it.

(others who're smarter are already doing that here for free)

Imma just wait for the phone in a pocket cam footage that was generiously uploaded to youtube. Saves me from spending money. I just hope they can record it in landscape.

SWGalaxys_Edge

The new EPCOT "Space 220" restaurant elevator looks to be a similar experience to the upcoming Halcyon pods that will take guests up to the Galactic Starcruiser.

space220_compare.png

LovePop

People who can't afford the SW hotel can go to Space 220. That's what we are doing. For our family of 4, it's only $80x3+$30, or $300 or so, for a 3hr+ first class space experience, with lots of food provided. Compare that to 3K/night, it's dirt cheap. And we are good after 3 hours. We don't need to be in there all day and night.

LovePop

Just put Kuka bots on a wire track. They could make you feel lots of things and if you had screens inside it would be an attraction to it's own.

The answer to this is as with most things it costs bucks, bus is cheap
I think they should make everybody walk, just build a themed path. Isn't it right next to Galaxy's Edge? Walking will be faster than waiting for any bus, and should be cheaper.

SWGalaxys_Edge

People who can't afford the SW hotel can go to Space 220. That's what we are doing. For our family of 4, it's only $80x3+$30, or $300 or so, for a 3hr+ first class space experience, with lots of food provided. Compare that to 3K/night, it's dirt cheap. And we are good after 3 hours. We don't need to be in there all day and night.
ate they letting guests sleep there too?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom