The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

mikejs78

Premium Member
Another thing I'm wondering if it could be is a couple of attractions being plussed. For example, explosions in BTMR? It had a brief refurb a little while back, maybe they installed some hardware and have been continuing to work on it at night...?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
If its amazing that it's been kept secret for so long, it can't be a trivial thing like march or rid enhancements. There is nothing major at the MK that they can surprise open on 10/1. So what's left?

Major performances by Celebrities?
Extra Fireworks?
Parade(s)?
Keeping the MK open for 50 straight hours?
Genie+?

YodaMan

Cast Member schedules for next week (which includes October 1) came out last night at midnight. Guessing people were scheduled for shifts that they aren’t usually scheduled for which is what Steve is getting at. Cant wait to see what’s happening.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Cast Member schedules for next week (which includes October 1) came out last night at midnight. Guessing people were scheduled for shifts that they aren’t usually scheduled for which is what Martin is getting at. Cant wait to see what’s happening.
What did Martin say? I could find it in the last 3 pages. We know Steve just said this morning that some surprises are in store for MK on 10/1.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Cast Member schedules for next week (which includes October 1) came out last night at midnight. Guessing people were scheduled for shifts that they aren’t usually scheduled for which is what Martin is getting at. Cant wait to see what’s happening.
Interesting.....I wonder what are the odd times....

kevlightyear

I'm thinking the surprise(s) would fall into four categories: special appearances, special entertainment, announcements or giveaways.

Entertainment seems like it would be hard to conceal because of the number of people involved, but that could be why Steve is surprised. Is the stage around Partners still there?

Special appearances seem more likely to me. I think it'd be cool if they got imagineers old and new gathered together. Maybe Biden will show up?

Announcements are likely, but maybe it's the content that's surprising?

As far as giveaways, there's bound to be a special map. Maybe they'll hand out mickey ears? Maybe 50 randomly selected people will get a cruise?

jpinkc

Probably Disney New Gruel (only $15.00 a bowl) and a Slappie appearance on one of the mainstreet balconies to wave to the peasants.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Should we look at the Calendar for any weird things: Hours Crazy longer, Enchantment's Time being changed at the last minute, etc?
I mean if you have shifts for 12AM to 8AM for F&B and attraction CMs, that would certainly be indicative of something out of the ordinary.

jrhwdw

I'm thinking the surprise(s) would fall into four categories: special appearances, special entertainment, announcements or giveaways.

Entertainment seems like it would be hard to conceal because of the number of people involved, but that could be why Steve is surprised. Is the stage around Partners still there?

Special appearances seem more likely to me. I think it'd be cool if they got imagineers old and new gathered together. Maybe Biden will show up?

Announcements are likely, but maybe it's the content that's surprising?

As far as giveaways, there's bound to be a special map. Maybe they'll hand out mickey ears? Maybe 50 randomly selected people will get a cruise?
I believe the Partners Stage is gone?

I'm already expecting a 10/1 Guidemap along with a 50th Guidemap from 10/2 going on. It wouldn 't count as a big suprise but are Times Guides back 10/1?(or this Sunday before 10/1?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom