Zootopia characters confirmed

GiveMeTheMusic

Depends on the show. Look at how many characters from the Stitch animated series they brought over, many of whom Western park goers have never heard of.

Stitch and company are all kawaii. Elena is not. Elena would have to become incredibly popular in Japan for OLC to consider adding her to the park. I can almost guarantee you that won't happen for a number of reasons.

asianway

Neither has Elena of Avalor unfortunately. It seems as if recently TDR (OLC for that matter) has been very reluctant on doing new character meet and greets, for the most part. Sad isn't it.
Recently? This is nothing new. Why does Tokyo have the Rescuers meeting?

Because they've met there every day since 1983. Stuff has hardly ever changed at Tokyo meets over its entire history.

Cesar R M

The big difference here is that Tokyo rarely piggybacks on new characters the US or Paris parks pay to develop.
Well, I would say the other characters are part of the "package" that everyone wanted. Oswald was more of a local incentive.
I still remember the hatred towards Oswald by some of the posters around here.

Cesar R M

When we came into DHS, over in the F! maze area. Don't remember specifically if it was the overflow queue, or normal queue, but somewhere in that neck of the woods. Well away from normal guests.
Almost feels like they wanted to hide him and not make him more popular (thus not using that char suit much)
Kinda reminds me of how old chars used to be used in the AK's dance party (now removed).
It was a popular way to see not so common characters (other than the 24/7 parties)

IanDLBZF

Just watched a live Q&A session featuring Nate Torrence (voice of Clawhauser) and director Rich Moore. They did mention Animal Kingdom and DCA when asked if a Zootopia attraction would be coming to the parks. And just so you know, this does not affect the rumor that Nick and Judy are coming to Epcot. They only mentioned a possibility of an attraction in Animal Kingdom.

Last edited:

rocketraccoon

I wonder where they could actually put a Zootopia attraction at Animal Kingdom. The only real space I can see from Google Maps without serious renovating to existing buildings is at the end of Dinoland U.S.A.'s road, and it would still mean tearing down a few cast member buildings to get a fairly small show building.

dreamfinder

Almost feels like they wanted to hide him and not make him more popular (thus not using that char suit much)
Kinda reminds me of how old chars used to be used in the AK's dance party (now removed).
It was a popular way to see not so common characters (other than the 24/7 parties)

Could be. But I've noticed (especially in the last few marathons) that any characters that are in areas easily accessed by the public during park operating hours, it tends to be a common character. For instance, I think the only ones I saw in public places this last year were the assorted princesses in Epcot. So I'm not sure if it's particular to Oswald, or if it's more trying to keep the public from getting in the way of runners to get to different characters.

asianway

Could be. But I've noticed (especially in the last few marathons) that any characters that are in areas easily accessed by the public during park operating hours, it tends to be a common character. For instance, I think the only ones I saw in public places this last year were the assorted princesses in Epcot. So I'm not sure if it's particular to Oswald, or if it's more trying to keep the public from getting in the way of runners to get to different characters.
Very observant. Oswald was an anomaly based on recent event lineups

Cesar R M

Regardless of that, thanks for the report!
Sad that I will have to go to Disneyland (gaasp!) to meet him XD

Ag11gani

WDW: Reuses some of there older floats

Tokyo: Constantly updates their parades (Dreamlights) and create new daytime parade every few years

New seasonal parades are on a three year schedule,Daytime parades in Tokyo are only for the 5 year anniversarys. And who says Tokyo doesn't reuse older floats, just because they don't look the same, dosn't mean they aren't the same float.

wdrive

New seasonal parades are on a three year schedule,Daytime parades in Tokyo are only for the 5 year anniversarys. And who says Tokyo doesn't reuse older floats, just because they don't look the same, dosn't mean they aren't the same float.

There's a difference.

Tokyo reusing a float is stripping it down to its basic elements and rebuilding it.
Walt Disney World reusing a float is bringing an old float out and attaching decorations to it. And that's if we're lucky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom