Zootopia characters confirmed

Cesar R M

Honestly? I think they're afraid of The Furries coming out in force to meet them, particularly that frightening subset that has no problem with... adult material.
What are you joking Matt? Id say a huge percentage of CMs character staff are either full blown furries or secretly furries.
I've know a few friends who work as CMs. And most of them kinda are what you would describe as "furries".
And since Zootopia for them feels like the "next robin hood" for them. No surprise on what you say.
And yes.. I follow a few zootopia blogs on tumblr and Had the displeasure of seeing the BAD kind of stuff already x_x

Cesar R M

Except many Furries think this is "their" movie. I've encountered people online who believe that Disney specifically made and marketed this movie with them foremost in mind.
I would say it is.. How long since Disney did an anthropomorphic movie?
A lot of furries feels like this movie is the "spiritual successor" of Robin Hood.

Cesar R M

That's not even close to an accurate statement. This is highly unusual for Tokyo to adapt new fur from a movie release so quickly. They are just now receiving Up, Rat characters, Lotso...
I dont think UP was that famous, reminds me on the low popularity of Brave compared to Tangled and Frozen.

asianway

He was in Tokyo first if I remember correctly. Then they added the Cali version.
He was in Tokyo first-they paid for all the development to bring him to life. DCA & WDW piggybacked.

The big difference here is that Tokyo rarely piggybacks on new characters the US or Paris parks pay to develop.

GiveMeTheMusic

He was in Tokyo first-they paid for all the development to bring him to life. DCA & WDW piggybacked.

The big difference here is that Tokyo rarely piggybacks on new characters the US or Paris parks pay to develop.

I don't know why OLC is so reluctant to bring new characters to TDR. Nick and Judy are showing up (potentially as parade-only) for this year's Easter event. No chance of a Moana appearance in the foreseeable future. Frozen characters are parade-only. Tiana has never appeared at the resort in any format. Inside Out never showed up in any capacity.

asianway

I don't know why OLC is so reluctant to bring new characters to TDR. Nick and Judy are showing up (potentially as parade-only) for this year's Easter event. No chance of a Moana appearance in the foreseeable future. Frozen characters are parade-only. Tiana has never appeared at the resort in any format. Inside Out never showed up in any capacity.
The four hour line when Minnie wears her berry dress one week a year Will answer that question

IanDLBZF

Neither has Elena of Avalor unfortunately. It seems as if recently TDR (OLC for that matter) has been very reluctant on doing new character meet and greets, for the most part. Sad isn't it.

Last edited:

brb1006

What are you joking Matt? Id say a huge percentage of CMs character staff are either full blown furries or secretly furries.
I've know a few friends who work as CMs. And most of them kinda are what you would describe as "furries".
And since Zootopia for them feels like the "next robin hood" for them. No surprise on what you say.
And yes.. I follow a few zootopia blogs on tumblr and Had the displeasure of seeing the BAD kind of stuff already x_x
I'm guilty of that to, don't hate me Cesar

GiveMeTheMusic

Neither has Elena of Avalor unfortunately. It seems as if recently TDR (OLC for that matter) has been very reluctant on doing new character meet and greets, for the most part. Sad isn't it.

Elena is a face character. The Asian parks can't just add face characters without serious planning. They need to cast western performers and bring them over on long-term contracts, so adding new princesses takes more planning and budget than it does for DLR/WDW. Also, Elena is from a TV show. Highly unlikely there would be any interest at TDR.

Matt_Black

Elena is a face character. The Asian parks can't just add face characters without serious planning. They need to cast western performers and bring them over on long-term contracts, so adding new princesses takes more planning and budget than it does for DLR/WDW. Also, Elena is from a TV show. Highly unlikely there would be any interest at TDR.

Depends on the show. Look at how many characters from the Stitch animated series they brought over, many of whom Western park goers have never heard of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom