Zootopia characters confirmed

MagicHappens1971

I can't remember if it was this forum or another one, but someone said a Zootopia dark ride would be really cool, I'm going to see the movie today so I don't know but it looks like it has the potential for it. AK probably has the space somewhere if Disney really wanted to build a dark ride for Zootopia.

Phicinfan

Well, lets see, they had a huge hit movie(Frozen) and decided to take a wet ride and refurbish it in Epcot..........there is always that one in mexico everyone is so thrilled about........ just sayin.... ;)

michmousefan

Well, lets see, they had a huge hit movie(Frozen) and decided to take a wet ride and refurbish it in Epcot..........there is always that one in mexico everyone is so thrilled about........ just sayin.... ;)
BUT, they just enhanced that ride this month, and, not to beat a dead horse, Epcot needs NEW rides, not overlays.

DAK is much more of a logical location for a Zootopia attraction -- which would be a fine addition IMHO.

tcool123

I could see them retheming Rafikis Planet Watch at AK to Zootopia. It would be fast and cheap two things Disney loves. It would also be a good place to have a Zootopia Meet and Greet, and Rafiki's Meet and Greet can easily be relocated to Harambe's Theater District. It would a good and obvious path imo for Disney.

Cmdr_Crimson

Does this mean good things for Zootopia are coming to the parks?

Remember when this Movie won an oscar and were still waiting for something More than just a M&G....
bigherooscar_zpse53022ee.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

I could see them retheming Rafikis Planet Watch at AK to Zootopia. It would be fast and cheap two things Disney loves. It would also be a good place to have a Zootopia Meet and Greet, and Rafiki's Meet and Greet can easily be relocated to Harambe's Theater District. It would a good and obvious path imo for Disney.

They could switch this mural with Zootopia's cityscape as you make the bend before getting to the station and then you'd hear Shakira's Try Everything's Uh Uh Uh Uh Ohhhhh...
242.JPG

Cmdr_Crimson

But did it make them rivers of money? That seems to be what matters

And yet Frozen has a M&G's, Frozen Fun Summer long event, a Sing A Long show, A new Stage show at DCA & a Ride in Epcot...Where is the attraction? The only other thing that was announced was a new Animated series for Disney XD..

Donaldfan1934

Source: USA Today
The all-animal animated film Zootopia trounced the human competition at the weekend box office with a stunning $73.7 million, according to studio estimates.

Zootopia's tale of a rabbit police office (voiced by Ginnifer Goodwin) teaming with a fox conman (Jason Bateman) to solve a crime that has that has the city's lion mayor (J.K. Simmons) concerned, marked the largest opening weekend for Walt Disney Animation Studios ever, beating the $67.4M posted in 2013 by Frozen.

Does this mean good things for Zootopia are coming to the parks?
I never understand why theaters make estimates when Sunday's barely begun. How can they tell what Sunday's going to end up with when not every ticket is sold yet?

Magenta Panther

Well, looks like Zootopia's a huge domestic and international hit. Which proves once again that Disney doesn't need Henson, Lucas, or Cameron. All Disney needs is Disney. Especially Disney Animation. Kind of a shame that the attraction devoted to it got ripped out of DHS and replaced with Star Wars, isn't it? God, Iger is such a fathead.

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, looks like Zootopia's a huge domestic and international hit. Which proves once again that Disney doesn't need Henson, Lucas, or Cameron. All Disney needs is Disney. Especially Disney Animation. Kind of a shame that the attraction devoted to it got ripped out of DHS and replaced with Star Wars, isn't it? God, Iger is such a fathead.

Just a heads up...The character Emett Otterton was a nod to Henson's Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas...
Annnnnnnnd...I'm gone..
rugen-run.gif

Magenta Panther

Loved the movie. I hope it makes it into the parks in a big way.

Maybe we'll get a Zootopia area in AK. I'd still rather have Beastly Kingdomme, but Zootopia would rather nicely fit in with the idea of an animal fantasyland (Disney would have to get rid of the dragon icon in the park's logo though, since, unfortunately, it's never been relevant to the park's content).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom