Zootopia characters confirmed

Cmdr_Crimson

Fine by me. If that's true (not that I have any idea what an Emmett Otter is).

A.....Brace for it.. Muppet...
emmet+otter.jpg

captainmoch

I think a Zootopia land would work at DAK. However, for it to work, I think it would need to be sort of secluded from the rest of the park, potentially near Rafiki's. Attractions could be the Zootopia monorail (which can be sort of like the Hogwarts Express, and could be the primary way to get there), a World Showcase Agent P-esque thing where kids can join the ZPD, several dining/shopping areas themed to being run by animals, with a SWL-level amount of animatronics and people dressed as anthropomorphic animals.

Cesar R M

What movie theater is letting people in wearing a giant animal suit? That seems highly unlikely.
believe it or not.. a lot.
There was some with even discounts to those who "dressed like characters of zootopia".
Little they knew that a huge furry community posted that offer in different social media D:

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
believe it or not.. a lot.
There was some with even discounts to those who "dressed like characters of zootopia".
Little they knew that a huge furry community posted that offer in different social media D:
How do you know that wasn't intentional on the part of the theaters? It's possible.

Cesar R M

Private viewing though not a regular walk up and by a ticket. The email might be legit alliedim.com's website lists Disney as a client. I personally have no problem with Furries watching the film. Whatever they want to do in private is their business.
The case I mentioned was not a "private showing" just saying.

Cesar R M

Well, lets see, they had a huge hit movie(Frozen) and decided to take a wet ride and refurbish it in Epcot..........there is always that one in mexico everyone is so thrilled about........ just sayin.... ;)
I would love to know how the hell it would fit in Mexico. As Mexican I'm really facepalming IRL.

Cesar R M

I could see them retheming Rafikis Planet Watch at AK to Zootopia. It would be fast and cheap two things Disney loves. It would also be a good place to have a Zootopia Meet and Greet, and Rafiki's Meet and Greet can easily be relocated to Harambe's Theater District. It would a good and obvious path imo for Disney.
Now they just need to make a proper way to connect Rafikis's Planet Watch to the park and not having to use the train only.
Rafiki is pretty far away from everything else.

Cmdr_Crimson

Now they just need to make a proper way to connect Rafikis's Planet Watch to the park and not having to use the train only.
Rafiki is pretty far away from everything else.

Actually it's just the pathway with the stautes/signs heading towards Conservation station with the small displays featuring Rafiki..They could easily replace them with Zootopia standees as you head towards the Building...If a name change were to be done I'd say Zootopia At Conservation Station like they are using now...
zootopia-exhibit-1.jpg

And as I mentioned in a few posts back...Removing the Big Animal heads that peek over the trees just heading into the station it would be a faux wall of the Zootopian landscape..(Yes it's a crude concept on what I'm talking about).
Zootopia%20conservation_zpshiqkftjl.jpg

Last edited:

Lirael

If anything had to be changed to add a zootopia theme, I'd prefer the Dinosaur ride. Just have the story be "the guests go help Judy and Nick catch someone" and have the ride show all the different Zootopia environments, with cold, warm and humid places for each section etc

FigmentJedi

If anything had to be changed to add a zootopia theme, I'd prefer the Dinosaur ride. Just have the story be "the guests go help Judy and Nick catch someone" and have the ride show all the different Zootopia environments, with cold, warm and humid places for each section etc
Or maybe they can actually build another land inside the park that needs more then just Avatar to be a full day park instead of doing another quick and cheap overlay. There's a gigantic free space north of Asia on the other side of the train tracks

Brer Panther

I could see them retheming Rafikis Planet Watch at AK to Zootopia. It would be fast and cheap two things Disney loves. It would also be a good place to have a Zootopia Meet and Greet, and Rafiki's Meet and Greet can easily be relocated to Harambe's Theater District. It would a good and obvious path imo for Disney.
I recall reading in the latest "Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World" that Disney was considering replacing Rafiki's Planet Watch with something Zootopia-related if the movie does well.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I recall reading in the latest "Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World" that Disney was considering replacing Rafiki's Planet Watch with something Zootopia-related if the movie does well.
That's bittersweet. On one hand, the only Lion King land at Disney Parks would be going away, but on another hand we'd be getting the first Zootopia land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom