Worst people to be in line next to?

Mr Anderson

Long thread, so my apologies if already posted but I hate 1. People who ipad or iphone video record an entire show with the light shining in your face. It is especially funny since 3d movies won't video in 3d but rather a blur. (An occasional photo is fine by me, but videoing the whole thing...come on...). 2. People who insist on keeping their Mickey hat on through a performance. I couldn't see much of the Philharmagic as the tall person in front also had a Mickey hat!! I guess I am old school and you are supposed to take your hats off indoors to begin with, but that seems to be a lost art.

I will say that most everyone we met in line, however, was super friendly this past week. Hey, it's disney world, they should be happy!
I totally agree with point #1... I cannot STAND that. And they always hold it up above the rest of the crowd so it is directly in the way to block the view of anyone directly behind them, right? I wonder how many people have been "accidentally" bumped and had their iPad's smashed when they do this...
hA6E1AFE7

On point #2... with the release of the glow-with-the-show Mickey ears, you may see more and more people wearing their light-up Mickey ears to the fireworks shows. Luckily, as @G00fyDad pointed out, they're not that bright. I bought a pair of Oswald ears on our last trip, and I am 6'2", so you can imagine how high up the ears go when I have them on, so I made sure to take mine off during any shows.

Indoors however, no matter the circumstance or how tall or short you are, I agree, TAKE THE DARN THINGS OFF!

Mr Anderson

I think the it should be said though we all have our pet peeves and people that annoy use for the most part I find most people waiting in lines at Disney to be pleasant and friendly people who are in no way offensive.
Check out the thread I started to talk about the positives! It's kinda sad that one died after 18 posts and this one is going strong with almost 350...

Best Experiences in Line/On Rides

SagamoreBeach

Check out the thread I started to talk about the positives! It's kinda sad that one died after 18 posts and this one is going strong with almost 350...

There are statistics out there about this very thing. I had to look this up for a customer service class I was conducting... People tell the negatives and hold on to them far more than the positives. People are more likely to relay a negative story than a positive and for a lot longer.
-T

Goofyernmost

That's not unusual, we humans tend to remember the bad or unpleasant events (and magnify them, I might add) in our lives with much more clarity then the pleasant things. Don't know why, but, it seems to be the case most of the time. Your intention was super, but, our nice time memories are always a bit cloudy.

Thumper14

Did your son get a huge pat on the back and a Dole Whip of appreciation? That is AWESOME!! Come to think of it... at the end of the night, especially after a fireworks show, I don't know about you, but I am on cloud nine after spending a day in the parks. Sure, I'm tired, but I'm just full of joy from the day. What a grinch! I bet the applause from the crowd set her off! Haha!
We are lucky to have witty and fun loving family. One of us will always say something to diffuse a situation. It never fails. But this was hilarious, he did not require a reward. The laughter and clapping was quite enough. We love Disney and could never be annoyed or aggravated while visiting a park. Just happy!

Wall-e

The reality is they aren't "stuck" they are tired and need a nap. When this happens at Disney it is usually because a parent doesn't want to accept that their kids aren't capable of staying out running around for 14 hours straight, but is too selfish to take them back to a hotel room to rest... Or it is simply because the parents haven't acted like parents and gotten their kids under control. Parents aren't supposed to be their kids best friend - parents are supposed to exert control over the kids like a dictator especially when the kids are 3 and 4.
I think we can all agree children throw tantrums for many reasons beyond just being tired. We just got back from the world and my 2yo son would be upset just because he wanted to keep playing with the honey walls in Winnie the Pooh and that was our first ride of the day. IMO it sounds like some parents here are implying that every parent with a crying/unruly child kept their out at a park all day. And to all those who keep bringing up the screaming children peeves I should remind you your at a children's theme park, deal with it.

Mr Anderson

And to all those who keep bringing up the screaming children peeves I should remind you your at a children's theme park, deal with it.
Incorrect. Walt Disney World is not a children's theme park. Walt Disney envisioned and created the parks for children and adults alike; he wanted a place he could bring his kids where he wouldn't be bored or have to sit there all day waiting on them to get done, and he could join in on the fun, and he knew other parents would love it just as much.

And most of the people on here complaining about screaming kids specifically mentioned kids whose parents are pushing the kids too hard or straight up ignoring that their kids are even crying. And nobody should have to "deal with" that.

All of that being said...
1436217-bigthumbnail.jpg

EDIT: And because this drives me crazy...
tumblr_ln68kt9L0N1ql37lro1_500.gif

Last edited:

ninjaprincesst

I think we can all agree children throw tantrums for many reasons beyond just being tired. We just got back from the world and my 2yo son would be upset just because he wanted to keep playing with the honey walls in Winnie the Pooh and that was our first ride of the day. IMO it sounds like some parents here are implying that every parent with a crying/unruly child kept their out at a park all day. And to all those who keep bringing up the screaming children peeves I should remind you your at a children's theme park, deal with it.
No my problem is they should be taught not to scream, it is not acceptable , it does not matter if you are at taco bell, Disney or where you are. The only exception is special needs children who can not help it. Being at a theme park is not an excuse for bratty behavior. It is the fact that the parents refuse to do anything about it.

Mr Anderson

No my problem is they should be taught not to scream, it is not acceptable , it does not matter if you are at taco bell, Disney or where you are. The only exception is special needs children who can not help it. Being at a theme park is not an excuse for bratty behavior. It is the fact that the parents refuse to do anything about it.
slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Wall-e

By all means please share with us this method you have for controlling a 2yr old's vocal cords so my child no longer screams! Seriously some of these comments are a direct reflection of how perfect some parents think they are, smh.

Wall-e

It is called yanking them out of line or wherever they are and firmly telling them the screaming will stop now or we will spend the rest of the day in the room in time out while the rest of the family enjoys Disney.
Not all 2yo's respond the same to all situations. We just had this discussion today with our doctor on the heels of a few disney meltdowns last week.
Good for you, really and honestly, if your kid responds to that kind of reasoning in the midst of a tantrum then you are lucky. But not all kids do and to spend the day at a hotel when some people spend hard earned money for a once every few years trip over a 2 or 3 minute tantrum doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I agree to take the kid out of line if it's major but for the people here who have no patience for a little mid line crying you really need to get over it.
What we all need to realize is that if many of us could choose not to wait in lines we wouldn't. Now if we take that and imagine from a child's perspective what they go thru waiting in line can be very anxious.

Wall-e

EDIT: And because this drives me crazy...
tumblr_ln68kt9L0N1ql37lro1_500.gif
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I'm really glad you needed to point that out. I look forward to your next post, "18 pages of grammatical errors, corrected."

BrianV

People who get annoyed by crying children shouldn't go to disney world! It is an amusement park. It is like being upset when you get splashed while sitting beside a swimming pool.

Only those people who have never had children really think that you can control a child to the extent that some would like. There will always be behavior that is unacceptable under any circumstances, however, crying or having a tantrum is part of being a child and while frustrating to some, is part of being a child. Some kids respond to threats. Some kids respond to ignoring them. Some respond to a hug. Every child is different and every child cries and has tantrums.

Beholder

Parenting is a very personal thing, and like religion or politics, it gets people riled like few other things. I guess it's because I'm semi-ancient, but the older I get the more I tolerate YOUNGER children's behavior. There could a million reasons why Jr. or little Susie are pouting, crying, screaming or being "bratty". I would never assume to know why that kid or this toddler is acting a certain way. I've had some fairly bad experiences with a child (adopted daughter) who, through no fault of her own, developed some serious behavioral issues. Time has gone by and she's a different person now, but having that experience in my life has opened my eyes to the possibility that some things are more than what they seem.

ninjaprincesst

It is called yanking them out of line or wherever they are and firmly telling them the screaming will stop now or we will spend the rest of the day in the room in time out while the rest of the family enjoys Disney.
We are lucky to have witty and fun loving family. One of us will always say something to diffuse a situation. It never fails. But this was hilarious, he did not require a reward. The laughter and clapping was quite enough. We love Disney and could never be annoyed or aggravated while visiting a park. Just happy!
You are obviously a family I would enjoy being in line with
Not all 2yo's respond the same to all situations. We just had this discussion today with our doctor on the heels of a few disney meltdowns last week.
Good for you, really and honestly, if your kid responds to that kind of reasoning in the midst of a tantrum then you are lucky. But not all kids do and to spend the day at a hotel when some people spend hard earned money for a once every few years trip over a 2 or 3 minute tantrum doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I agree to take the kid out of line if it's major but for the people here who have no patience for a little mid line crying you really need to get over it.
What we all need to realize is that if many of us could choose not to wait in lines we wouldn't. Now if we take that and imagine from a child's perspective what they go thru waiting in line can be very anxious.
I realize you spend a lot on a vacation but , punishment is never fun for any parent, but I refuse to reward bad behavior.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom