1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Wishes to be replaced with new 'Happily Ever After' nighttime spectacular

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by wdwmagic, Feb 9, 2017.

?

Did you like Happily Ever After?

1. Yes

371 vote(s)
    82.1%
  2. No

31 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. Undecided

50 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

Depressed or autocorrect?

marni1971 likes this.
  2. FigmentForver96

FigmentForver96 Well-Known Member

Lol like with Frozem Ever After. The tourist like almost anything Disney does, the show will be fine

Kman101 likes this.
  3. AEfx

AEfx Well-Known Member

That's a strange way to put it, but, yes, I am generally for things that please the "tourists" - the average guest, versus the enthusiast. It won't make me feel differently about it artistically, but if it indeed pleases guests more than what was there, then that is a good thing.

I'm genuinely curious what they rate it compared to Wishes, because when I put it through some litmus tests, I have a difficult time thinking that in terms of what the audience is looking for to cap their day at the MK. They want nostalgia and one last double-shot of "ah, Disney magic". I mean, even aside from the original music, I had a hard time recognizing a lot of the existing music. Aside from the clearly known stuff interspersed, a lot of it felt so random, like a little glimpse here and there of something I thought I knew. Going on the premise that I probably know more Disney music than the average guest, that is worrisome.

I think the best way to put it is to compare it to an ice cream sundae. Wishes was a triple-scoop, handmade, with real sugar, rich vanilla ice cream, on top of a soft, warm brownie, with streams of real hot fudge dripping down it, a sprinkling of those slow roasted nuts that taste like childhood, and a rich, creamy cap of real fresh whipped cream. HEE is more like a scoop and a half of vegan iced-coconut milk, served over a slightly crisp, gluten-free oatmeal cookie, sprinkled with dried couscous, dairy-free hot fudge "sauce", topped with non-dairy unsweetened "whipped topping".

An argument could certainly be made for the latter - but I honestly think that when people are on vacation, and are only having it once per year at the very end of their vacation...they want the full Monty.

HauntedPirate and EPCOT_Man like this.
  4. shernernum

shernernum Active Member

Could your analogy be a little more hyperbolic? We get it you like Wishes better.

Sir_Cliff likes this.
  5. AEfx

AEfx Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not sure there is a more realistic way to use an ice-cream sundae analogy...it was the "crispy gluten-free" cookie, wasn't it? ;)

In any case, I was answering a question directly asked of me. My dissenting opinion shouldn't cause you any stress, and if you don't agree with what I am saying, it doesn't change how you feel. Or it shouldn't. If it does...well, I can't apologize for having a compelling argument.

HauntedPirate and EPCOT_Man like this.
  6. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

I think the average guest will love it. Pop song and all.

Sir_Cliff likes this.
  7. InsideDisney

InsideDisney Active Member

I wouldn't call it a pop song...

Belpois2712 and Sir_Cliff like this.
  8. Disone

Disone Well-Known Member

No, but clearly that is why I should not type and walk with a massive crowd exiting the park at the same time.

9. Evan-500

Evan-500 Well-Known Member

Oh gosh how do you not recognize all the music?! If I played this for any of my friends who care less about Disney I assure you they'd probably get 90% to 100%....

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Sir_Cliff and Kevin-brownie like this.
  10. tommyh88

tommyh88 Member

Some people are just hard to please and/or very stubborn. Move along. Disney has a hit on their hands regardless.

11. epcot82fan

epcot82fan EPCOT Center Purist

For those who miss Wishes, here is a beautiful piece done by Tom Ameen.

12. shernernum

shernernum Active Member

Define irony: telling someone that they shouldn't be caused any stress by their dissenting opinion, while calling someone else's dissenting opinion a "fanboi BS notion."

MinnieWaffles and Goob like this.
  13. larandtra

larandtra Active Member

As someone who was a HUGE fan of Wishes, I found HEA to be extremely enjoyable. The mix of characters used in it was much more diverse with nods to classic Disney as well as Pixar. I think it is an excellent show.

14. MansionButler84

MansionButler84 Premium Member

Again, HEA is earning fantastic guest reviews.

Enough with the absurd conjecture. One person's opinions on these boards do not negate the large-scale response.

15. EPCOT_Man

EPCOT_Man Member

And the "large-scale response" also doesn't negate "One person's opinions on these boards". This is not a vote.

16. AJH219

AJH219 Well-Known Member

Yes it does. The HEA haters need to realize they are a minority and just shut up

Goob likes this.
  17. EPCOT_Man

EPCOT_Man Member

Woopsy, didn't realize this wasn't a forum with possibly opposing opinions. I guess we'll all slither away and hide then.

flynnibus and brb1006 like this.
  18. tirian

tirian Well-Known Member

They're complaining in one place online. Just ignore them instead of taking it so personally.

The rest of us can simply continue enjoying the show.

19. rushtest4echo

rushtest4echo Well-Known Member

Glad most people seem to be loving the new show. I was really fearful that the stubborn whiners would inject their poison into the discussion and affect the opinions of others (happens so often sadly), but it's awesome to see the almost universal positive reactions among regular guests and fans alike. It was a really cool project to have helped with, even if my contribution is extremely small. :)

Personally, I think this is the best night show I've seen besides Reflections of Earth! I didn't know if Remember would ever be dethroned in my book but HEA has done it. I didn't even think that would happen when I saw the makeup of the show and the new effects being toyed with but it came together about as well as I could imagine! A very worthy succesor to Wishes for sure!

20. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

Whoa woah WOAH.

Is called opinion.