1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Wishes to be replaced with new 'Happily Ever After' nighttime spectacular

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by wdwmagic, Feb 9, 2017.

?

Did you like Happily Ever After?

1. Yes

386 vote(s)
    82.0%
  2. No

35 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. Undecided

50 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. AEfx

AEfx Well-Known Member

No, of course it doesn't - but I am completely flattered that you feel the need to say so. Given some of the reactions to my critique of the show, I had no idea how influential some people feel I am, LOL. I had no clue.

In any case, as I said, I am curious what the guest reviews are like from, well, guests, over time, versus Wishes - once the new "excitement" part is over and the audience isn't so full of lifestylers/bloggers/AP holders, the "This is my 5th time this week!" crowd. I don't think people will hate it, I just don't think it will hold up the same, which is my opinion. :)

Wow, we certainly have some snowflakes here, don't we?

I think some of you who are so worked up over my opinions are because you agree with some of them more than you claim. Otherwise I can't see why some of you have your undies in such a knot over the handful of posts I have made about this, or why you feel the need to silence them. I wouldn't even be still having the discussion if people weren't going on and on about me.

2. AJH219

AJH219 Well-Known Member

That or a Zero Bar will suffice :)

3. MansionButler84

MansionButler84 Premium Member

I think they are free to have opinions. I more take issue with them suggesting that because of their opinions, the show will fail. I was pointing out that the actual surveys suggest that is incorrect.

MisterPenguin likes this.
  4. MansionButler84

I also am curious to see how more "traditional" guests (not us fanatics) view the show in the weeks ahead. I haven't seen any data on "do you like HEA or Wishes better?" I wonder if they even ask. I've just seen initial guest satisfaction numbers, which are strong. Same ballpark as Wishes.

5. Disone

Disone Well-Known Member

I am honored by the inclusion of my comment in quotes, tonight will be my sixth. lol. But I am not Disney Blind. I do not love something just because Disney does it. In fact I am pretty objective in my views of Disney. I think Pandora is very good, but its not excellent. Its not on the level of Carsland, and I worry that with also just two attractions, and both seemingly screen based, that Starwars Land will also be just very good, but not excellent.

HEA, is excellent. Listening to the crowd react to the show, there is a connection here with the crowds that Wishes did not have. Wishes would have benefited from the lifestyler/bloggers/AP Holders who are more likely to have bonded to Wishes then the casual guest. But crowds are loving it. I listen to those around me, I look at body language, because I am fortunate enough to be in a position were I can see it easily and frequently and not because I am some blogger that its going to love it no matter what.

zulemara and DonaldDoleWhip like this.
  6. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

Then what it is? Pop song isn't a knock, at least from me. Pop artists are singing the song. I have no problem with the song.

7. Deno

Deno Well-Known Member

I was adamant I wasn't going to enjoy HEA. "How DARE they take away Wishes!" but I absolutely adore it. I love watching the videos and hearing the crowd gasp, sing and cheer.

It's going to be a long 70 days until I see it in person but know i'm gonna get a real buzz out of it.

It just 'feels' to me that it has staying power and i'm convinced it's going to be loved for years to come.

I'm sold....

8. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

I don't. Not exactly a scientific poll but I listen to people talk and after leaving the Star Wars fireworks last night (it was overall a fantastic show IMHO) and someone was talking about Wishes/HEA and how they love the projections but not the overall show and apparently missed Wishes. I didn't hear all of it but I think projections are quite popular. JMO. It's not going to go away anytime soon.

9. RSoxNo1

RSoxNo1 Well-Known Member

I love the Star Wars fireworks, have enjoyed every projection show at MK and looking forwarding to seeing HEA. Just a word of caution.

Kman101 likes this.
  10. InsideDisney

InsideDisney Active Member

They are country singers...

11. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

Oh I do agree but I think the general public is eating it up. But your right, for how long?

HauntedPirate likes this.
  12. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

It's not a country song. Jordan Fisher is not a country artist ...

13. InsideDisney

He is both a pop and country artist...

14. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

Lol OK. So what type of song is HEA?

15. InsideDisney

Country, The other singer is a country singer too. It really doesn't sound like a pop song. Paint the night is a pop song.

16. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

It's not a country song. But OK.

17. MansionButler84

Did you know pop is short for "popular"? They made half a resort about it.

WildcatDen likes this.
  18. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

Did you experience the atmosphere in the hub during late 2003?

19. LuvtheGoof

LuvtheGoof Proud DVC Member Premium Member

Yes, and it was completely nuts level.

SpectroMan93, tirian and marni1971 like this.
  20. MansionButler84

I'm happy with our new summer offerings. DL is getting Guardians and a left turn on the railroad (incredible!).