• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

Disney Analyst

Okay I've watched a fair number of videos of this show... This must be from tonight, the shells used in Hakuna Matata and Friend Like Me are completely different from the last two weeks. Is this normal? Shell ordering issues?

Disone

Okay I've watched a fair number of videos of this show... This must be from tonight, the shells used in Hakuna Matata and Friend Like Me are completely different from the last two weeks. Is this normal? Shell ordering issues?

I had The cheap thrill meeting HEA's show director the other day. The lead time for ordering fireworks is on average 12 to 18 months. This show was put together in 8 months. So.... Most of the shells used are current (and left over) inventory available from Wishes, Star Wars.

Within that inventory they are still tweaking and playing with what's available. Plus custom made HEA shells are on order and as they arrive will be incorporated into the show.

Fun fact: HEA uses 37% more shells then Wishes.

Also : the show was supposed to use two of the perimeter launch points to accent the main launch point giving some points of the show a more panoramic view but due to the burn ban this was not incorporated into the show.

ToTBellHop

I had The cheap thrill meeting HEA's show director the other day. The lead time for ordering fireworks is on average 12 to 18 months. This show was put together in 8 months. So.... Most of the shells used are current (and left over) inventory available from Wishes, Star Wars.

Within that inventory they are still tweaking and playing with what's available. Plus custom made HEA shells are on order and as they arrive will be incorporated into the show.

Also : the show was supposed to use two of the perimeter launch points to accent the main launch point giving some points of the show a more panoramic view but due to the burn ban this was not incorporated into the show.
That last point is interesting. The burn ban hasn't been around all that long. Perhaps once the rainy season improves conditions, they will incorporate these sites.

jrhwdw

Hmmmmm, didn't someone on here say way back that HEA was only to be about 70% of Wishes? Looks like TDO has done it again! :)

That last part is very interesting! I HOPE TDO is still planning that! That would push HEA up to a new level! That burn ban can't last too long with this week's weather! I'm guessing that would require more testing nights? If they don't want extra work, they could just test that while they're getting ready for Celebrate America and debut that on July 5th!

Disone

Hmmmmm, didn't someone on here say way back that HEA was only to be about 70% of Wishes? Looks like TDO has done it again! :)

That last part is very interesting! I HOPE TDO is still planning that! That would push HEA up to a new level! That burn ban can't last too long with this week's weather! I'm guessing that would require more testing nights? If they don't want extra work, they could just test that while they're getting ready for Celebrate America and debut that on July 5th!
Someone may have said that but from the day it debut I think most accurately perceived a bigger show. That said it's also longer so it may Actually have the same fireworks per minute average. I did not ask questions. It was a lucky meeting and he was enjoying the show as a guest. He knew the friend I was with so that was how I happen to meeting him. The other thought I wondered to myself about was if they do start using Two of the panoramic launch points would that require additional road closures. Logistically is this reasonable for a nightly show? Then again WDW does bomb the six lane World Drive now nightly:)

culturenthrills

I have seen HEA twice and I was totally blown away. I have been tired of Wishes for years. After going to Disneyland for the 50th and seeing RDCT I could never look at Wishes the same way again. I was there for multiple nights during the last two weeks and the final show. Then seeing the debut of HEA the next night it really was like, Wishes who cares. I feel like Magic Kingdom finally got a show as good and maybe even better than the last few DL shows. I love the use of lesser known songs. I think you gotta understand that a lot of the younger generation grew up watching these movies over and over again on VHS and later DVD. They know and love a lot of these movies and songs. Also, best use of Frozen in a show so far. I like the new theme song. The great thing is that there is so much going on in this show it is gonna hold up to repeat viewings. You can either be up close so you can see everything on the castle or go further back to appreciate the fireworks and the lights more. The crazy thing was hearing how many people were singing along to a lot of the songs and multiple applause breaks throughout the show. I just really like this show.

ag3_tre

We just saw HEA in person last night after braving through the delays, an obnoxious VIP tour group, and an intense rainstorm that began literally 10 seconds prior to the announcement that the show would be starting. I'm a HUGE FAN of the new show. My family loved it too!

OUAT started immediately after HEA (because of the delays) and pretty much proved my earlier point about OUAT sticking around to appeal to more of the older classics fans. My parents were really excited to see Alice and Pooh up on the castle. Still don't understand the rationale by showing Once Upon A Time after Happily Ever After, that doesn't make a lot of sense

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom