• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

jrhwdw

We just saw HEA in person last night after braving through the delays, an obnoxious VIP tour group, and an intense rainstorm that began literally 10 seconds prior to the announcement that the show would be starting. I'm a HUGE FAN of the new show. My family loved it too!

OUAT started immediately after HEA (because of the delays) and pretty much proved my earlier point about OUAT sticking around to appeal to more of the older classics fans. My parents were really excited to see Alice and Pooh up on the castle. Still don't understand the rationale by showing Once Upon A Time after Happily Ever After, that doesn't make a lot of sense
That other site was also there and did a Livestream of HEA being delayed and then HEA on FB (it should have gone though OUAT IMO!)
Anyway, that site tweeted that Mrs. Potts and Chip were redone in OUAT so no more mouthing Japanese.

Looks like OUAT is staying a while. I wish they'd upgrade it a little since they have new tools because of HEA.

ag3_tre

I was personally on too much of an emotional high after waiting for an hour in the hub through the rain and everyone leaving right before HEA began and me not having to choke anyone who was in my way to notice if Chip and Mrs. Potts' lips were in sync with their audio :D .

I would have appreciated OUAT a lot more had they showed it before HEA because it's not as "wow" as HEA. I liked it more than Celebrate the Magic (although CtM has the better theme song), but being after HEA makes it a lot less impressive IMO

jrhwdw

OUAT is a bedtime story with Mrs Potts and chip. So it kind of makes sense to do it at Park close or at least have it be the last entertainment offering. That's what TDL does, shows OUAT after happiness on high. Of course, I wouldn't mind if OUAT was twice a night.

Kman101

Well since Once Upon a Time usually comes before Happily Ever After in fairytales that's a reason most don't get why OUaT is after but the bedtime story aspect of it makes sense being last. I imagine it's also because HEA is a more impressive use of technology?

TTA94

QUAT is played after because a certain percent of the parks HEA population will stay to see it. It reduces every so slightly the demand on transportation after HEA. If it was first close to the ENTIRE HEA leaves.

Do you think MK entertainment is happy they no longer have a nighttime parade or do they wish they still had one to go along with HEA and keep guests in the park longer/reduce the demand on transportation? Currently I don't see how they could run a parade before HEA based on the crowds it's been having, though in a couple months once the hype dies down that could change.

peter11435

QUAT is played after because a certain percent of the parks HEA population will stay to see it. It reduces every so slightly the demand on transportation after HEA. If it was first close to the ENTIRE HEA leaves.
If they can run a parade at 10 or 11pm on New Year's Eve which they have done numerous times in the past, they should be just fine running one with HEA if they wanted to.

Creathir

Jordan Fisher and Angie Keilhauer perform “Happily Ever After” live at the Magic Kingdom

Pretty neat that they had the original singers give a live performance, though it did sound like Angie maybe had a cold or possibly was having trouble hearing Jordan as she sounded out of key in a few spots. (At least on this YouTube video)

Still neat of Disney to do this. I'm guessing it was due to the press junket going on, right?

Creathir

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Pretty neat that they had the original singers give a live performance, though it did sound like Angie maybe had a cold or possibly was having trouble hearing Jordan as she sounded out of key in a few spots. (At least on this YouTube video)

Still neat of Disney to do this. I'm guessing it was due to the press junket going on, right?

She was so flat that she was throwing off Jordan. Also, she didn't add the vibrato at the end of a held note like she did for the final track, which should be happening, even if you're flat.

Makes me wonder... was her part digitally massaged to make her sound bearable?

Creathir

She was so flat that she was throwing off Jordan. Also, she didn't add the vibrato at the end of a held note like she did for the final track, which should be happening, even if you're flat.

Makes me wonder... was her part digitally massaged to make her sound bearable?

As with any professionally produced content these days, there likely was digital manipulation in the recorded performance.

Daveeeeed

All I have to say is that this is SO much better in person than watching it on YouTube. I saw it twice and was in tears both times. It's a worthy successor to Wishes in my opinion.
It is very very good and we viewed it from the Tomorrowland bridge as the park was on fire.

The projections I feel did enhance the show, but the downside to that is more people will crowd in the hub now, but it's not too bad since the fireworks are comparable to Wishes so it can be viewed from everywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom