• No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well terminally wishes starts and ends with Remember Dreams Come True, by the way it would make a great beginning and ending for HEA for the 50th, then hey can throw in a Walt sequence.

A night show is not a compendium of all things Dinseyana.

And I'm pretty sure if they threw in Jiminy, Mickey, and Walt, you or someone else would be whining about something else that get left out.

aladdin2007

They paid that boy Jordan like $500 to record the song. You don't just turn your back on a song you invested that kind of money in. Same for the Shaman on NRJ and she didn't even qualify for Pandoran Idol.

personally I wish it had been Kellie Coffey, for those who dont know she did a lot of the singing for several Disneyland shows and Illuminations "we go on" among other things. Just would have been grander instead of the disneychannel pop like vibe. a personal preference thing of course, it is what it is and wont be changing.

ToTBellHop

personally I wish it had been Kellie Coffey, for those who dont know she did a lot of the singing for several Disneyland shows and Illuminations "we go on" among other things. Just would have been grander instead of the disneychannel pop like vibe. a personal preference thing of course, it is what it is and wont be changing.
Eh, I think the two they picked harmonize together well. They clearly felt most guests would like poppy music. It might not have been my first choice, but I'll gladly take it over moppets and creepy children.

Disone

actively listened for negative reactions tonight. A guy next to me I thought for sure was going to be a shoe inn negative nelly. We conversed briefly before the show and he confessed fireworks are just not his thing and he was only here because he has family from out of town. He had no real reaction to the show. He did say it had more fireworks but that he still did not like this show. I guess fireworks really are not his thing.

The group of five next to me. A mother her two daughters a friend of their daughters and a boy who was a boyfriend to one of the three. They got about three-quarters through the show, I can find the distance was just beginning.... one of them comments " wow! This show is a lot different than I remember it being!!" And immediately the rest of the group concurs. I leaned over and whispered it was a brand new show and they were all like ohhhhhhhhh. Lol. But they absolutely loved it.

Several people around me were crying. Overall my pulse on the crowds is that this show is definitely a crowd-pleaser. I actively was looking for and listing for negative reactions to the show tonight and honestly as side from the one guy who had a very neutral reaction and still just didn't like fireworks, come on dude who doesn't like fireworks, I could not really find anywhere near the percentage of people in the crowd as I do in this group who did not seem to like this show. However I fully recognize that is a very unscientific survey. So take it with a huge grain of salt.

Last edited:

flyerjab

IMG_7338.JPG

Ok, so I came down here with the sole purpose of going to Pandora. We also did want to catch the HEA show.

All I can say is WOW! This show is spectacular! The new spotlights look great, and Wishes could only wish it had as much pyro as this show does. But the projections are phenomenal! I still don't understand how they make them that crisp and clear on such a large and uneven canvas.

Regarding emotional moments, I feel there are several, and at just the right moments the emotional notes harmonized perfectly with the music. Crowd response was exceptional all throughout. Moments that generated good crowd reaction were: the beginning, Toy Story, the turret launch, PotC, and what I consider are what seems like almost two separate finales.

For me, this is a significant improvement over Wishes. But I also always keep in mind that they are two very different shows. I would make a trip down here just to see this it is that good.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They clearly felt most guests would like poppy music.

And as someone mentioned (maybe it was you), it's really hard to even call it pop music. Certainly the vocal style of the guy was pop, but the gal is a country singer. And there is no drum set (except tympani), no guitar, no electric instruments. The music was literally orchestral and the back up singers were gospel. So the 'pop' of that music was just the guy's voice.

Every video I have watched has had people singing along to "How Far I'll Go".

I heard that too. It's the new "Let It Go."

flynnibus

Premium Member
Certainly the vocal style of the guy was pop, but the gal is a country singer. And there is no drum set (except tympani), no guitar, no electric instruments

You should listen closer and not get thrown by the fact they back it with an orchestra (mainly the strings and chimes).

And you can also look at Disney's own video of the orchestra recording.. and see the Tom drums in the percussion section (along with the timpani set).. and hear the Tom drum fills. It's the dominate drum line.. the tempo.. the duet singers and their singing that give it that pop tune sound. The fact they use an orchestra vs 2-3 players doesn't really change any of that.. just improves the depth and sound of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom