Trip Report Whoa, Wait a Minute......Weren't You JUST There??!! *COMPLETED*

Hi, my name is Tuvalu and I am a Disneyholic.

(Go on, respond "Hi Tuvalu." I'll wait.)

My last trip to WDW was June 4-12, 2016. Before that May 3-8, 2016. Before that April 3-9, 2016. And my first trip of 2016 was February 18-22. If you are curious about those trip reports, they can be found here:

February ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/up-where-they-walk-up-where-they-run-19-3-miles.910930/ (Written by my DDD ~ Darling Disney Daughter :p)
April ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/go-with-the-flow-its-spring-break-you-know-completed.912354/
May ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/relaxin-on-the-rue-dbaga-completed.913182/

In the interest of full disclosure, I have three more trips planned for 2016 ~ July, October and December.

Can't. Stop. Going.

It is never my intention to be boastful about my vacation frequency. I am very aware of how fortunate I am. If not for the good friends I have made on this site, I would not be posting trip reports at all. So a big thank you to all who have encouraged and supported me. Your kindness means a lot.

Now, on with our most recent adventure!

The deets:
Cast ~ Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Date ~ June 4-12, 2016
Resorts ~ Port Orleans French Quarter & Polynesian Village

image.jpeg

Did we have fun? You betcha! Even Tropical Storm Colin couldn't dampen our joy :D.

Stay tuned....

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
KITTEN??????? :D AWWWWW!!!!!

If you ever try Sprinkles again I highly suggest getting their red velvet and their pumpkin cupcakes. Those are the only two I ever really get from there and they are excellent!

Haha my sister and I saw and recognized him too!! He's definitely going to become a Disney celebrity.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: in PUBLIC? Jeez!! I was so surprised I had to read that aloud to Vinny! :bored:

WOW!! Space Mountain with the lights on!! I can only dream to one day be that lucky, but thank you for taking some super cool pictures of it!! :)

I do like red velvet, so if we try Sprinkles again I will take your advice. :)
I read somewhere that "Gus" used to perform at the old Adventurer's Club. He sure is entertaining in the DME video!
What made me most angry about the make-out session was that little brother was right there getting an eyeful. It was shameful.
Glad you enjoyed the Space Mountain pics!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
That's great to hear. Tropical systems are no fun! We drove down during Andrea, drove west to 81 to avoid the worst of it, still no fun! CONGRATS on the granbaby!
All caught up and now I'm hungryo_O
Thanks for tagging along, Figgy! Sorry for making you hungry! In less than a month you can be enjoying all the yummy Disney meals too! :happy:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday, June 8

This was supposed to be our hang-out-at-the-resort-pool day. We intentionally set aside one day of a summer trip to lounge by the pool. A mid-vacation pool day gives us time to recharge for the park touring still to come. Last June our pool day was a complete rain-out. :( And since we had ADRs and FPs scheduled for our remaining days, we had to forego our time in the relaxation grotto (@lostpro9het, if you know the reference, let the others play :D.)

With remnants of Tropical Storm Colin still lingering (the forecast called for thunderstorms beginning at 11 a.m.), we decided to "go with the flow" and stick with our plan for a non-park day, even if it meant no pool. We decided to take our chances as a walk-up for breakfast at Kona Cafe.

image.jpeg

(This is Em's artsy shot of the Kona sign arrow pointing at Kona our kitten! :cat:)

At the check-in stand, we were told it would be a 20 minute wait but was really only 10 minutes.

image.jpeg

At an adjacent table there was a party of 11, with ages ranging from 10 to 30. Every single one of them had their face buried in a cell phone or tablet. There was absolutely no conversation between any of them. Even when they received their food, their eyes never left their screens. Technology is a wonderful thing, but this just made me :(.

Therefore, I made sure Woody, Em and I chatted throughout our meal.

Woody ordered the ham and cheese omelet. I got to eat his pineapple slice since he's not a fan.
image.jpeg

Em and I shared the Tonga Toast. Seriously, this thing is HUGE. Even the two of us couldn't finish it.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We decided at breakfast to do the "monorail resort shop hop." (Not to be confused with the monorail resort pub crawl! :joyfull:)

We began at the Poly with
image.jpeg

and then went downstairs to
image.jpeg

Our wallets did not get opened, @epcotisbest ;).

The walkway between the Polynesian and Grand Floridian is lovely and beats a monorail ride any day!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I must confess, though, that during this walk I kept checking the sky ~ not for the predicted storm clouds, but for the sun, which seemed to be peeking out from among the clouds. Should we turn around and go back to the Poly, get our swimsuits and head for the pool? Would we be sacrificing precious pool time if we continued on our shop hop? Oh the dilemma! o_O

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have no idea how i have missed your reports, but this one is the first i have ever read. So far i am loving it! :D Super jealous of course that you go so often. I went to San Angel once and i loved it, but i always forget about it, you have inspired me to make a trip back! Oh and all of your steaks :inlove: your making me hungry! Now to catch up on your past trips :p
Happy you found me! :) Definitely make a return visit to San Angel!

I love your Minnie Animal Kingdom/Safari shirt! :inlove:
Thanks, it's one of my favorites. :inlove:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
At an adjacent table there was a party of 11, with ages ranging from 10 to 30. Every single one of them had their face buried in a cell phone or tablet. There was absolutely no conversation between any of them. Even when they received their food, their eyes never left their screens. Technology is a wonderful thing, but this just made me :(

I must have grown up in the Stone Age, because all I remember was a bunch of rules at the table. Everyone talked to each other about the day's activities (school, playground, friends, etc.) Back then, table "crimes" were putting your elbows on the table, talking with your mouth full of food, and not finishing your vegetables (that one was the kiss of death, as it meant no dessert . . .).

Granted, this was all before people had smart phones, etc. We had a telephone on the kitchen wall and if it rang, we could pick it up, but we would have to tell the person that we'd CALL THEM BACK :jawdrop: because WE WERE EATING DINNER WITH THE FAMILY. My gosh . . . doesn't that all seem so "quaint" now?!! I miss those days. And hubby and I never have a phone on during meals or when we go out together. It's just not cool to ignore the people you're with.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I must have grown up in the Stone Age, because all I remember was a bunch of rules at the table. Everyone talked to each other about the day's activities (school, playground, friends, etc.) Back then, table "crimes" were putting your elbows on the table, talking with your mouth full of food, and not finishing your vegetables (that one was the kiss of death, as it meant no dessert . . .).

Granted, this was all before people had smart phones, etc. We had a telephone on the kitchen wall and if it rang, we could pick it up, but we would have to tell the person that we'd CALL THEM BACK :jawdrop: because WE WERE EATING DINNER WITH THE FAMILY. My gosh . . . doesn't that all seem so "quaint" now?!! I miss those days. And hubby and I never have a phone on during meals or when we go out together. It's just not cool to ignore the people you're with.
Plus, we had to dodge all those dinosaurs! :joyfull:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm a little late to the party here but I'm on page 4 of your trip report and loving it. I can relate to a few of your comments and difficulties. I too am sometimes bothered by some of the price increases, like yours of the orange juice, mine was with a banana hubby got for breakfast. I think it was like $2 for one banana. And I kept thinking I could buy a whole bunch for that price.

We also had difficulty with luggage delivery, we had ours transferred from All Star Music to the Caribbean. Dropped off the bags at 7am and still hadn't gotten them by 5:30pm despite multiple calls. It was frustrating as we had ADR's for the Yachtsman and didn't want to show up in stinky park clothes. Long story short, we were late for Yachtman (but they still sat us) and we had a respectful conversation with the CBR manager.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom