Trip Report Whoa, Wait a Minute......Weren't You JUST There??!! *COMPLETED*

Hi, my name is Tuvalu and I am a Disneyholic.

(Go on, respond "Hi Tuvalu." I'll wait.)

My last trip to WDW was June 4-12, 2016. Before that May 3-8, 2016. Before that April 3-9, 2016. And my first trip of 2016 was February 18-22. If you are curious about those trip reports, they can be found here:

February ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/up-where-they-walk-up-where-they-run-19-3-miles.910930/ (Written by my DDD ~ Darling Disney Daughter :p)
April ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/go-with-the-flow-its-spring-break-you-know-completed.912354/
May ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/relaxin-on-the-rue-dbaga-completed.913182/

In the interest of full disclosure, I have three more trips planned for 2016 ~ July, October and December.

Can't. Stop. Going.

It is never my intention to be boastful about my vacation frequency. I am very aware of how fortunate I am. If not for the good friends I have made on this site, I would not be posting trip reports at all. So a big thank you to all who have encouraged and supported me. Your kindness means a lot.

Now, on with our most recent adventure!

The deets:
Cast ~ Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Date ~ June 4-12, 2016
Resorts ~ Port Orleans French Quarter & Polynesian Village

image.jpeg

Did we have fun? You betcha! Even Tropical Storm Colin couldn't dampen our joy :D.

Stay tuned....

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
As usual, I was fretting over the go back/go on dilemma waaayyy more than I needed to. My family assured me they were having a great time on our current journey and the pool didn't matter. So we continued onward to the GF.

image.jpeg

Gardeners were planting new flower beds. You can see the plant racks just beyond the pink and purple beds. These are the same size racks the home improvement stores sell plants from...can't even imagine what the retail cost of all those new flowers would be! :jawdrop:

After walking the grounds, we went inside the main building. The Perfectly Princess Tea Party was occurring in the Garden View Tea Room. There were about a dozen little girls (and their moms) parading around with Aurora. They looked like they were having a grand (see what I did there?) time! Interested in bringing your daughter? In case you can't tell from the photo, this mother/daughter experience can be yours for the low, low price of $333.64. Two daughters? Only an additional $234.98 for daughter #2. That's with tax and gratuity included, folks!

image.jpeg

Time to browse ~
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We boarded the monorail for our next destination ~ the Contemporary. We had to wait awhile at the MK station for "traffic clearance." That was code for "we're taking one of the trains offline." You can see the monorail returning to the roundhouse in the picture below.

image.jpeg

The three of us were a bit hungry and decided to grab a bite at the Contempo Cafe. The cafe is a fun place to sit and watch the express monorails zoom in and out of the resort. But the "cool factor" goes down when the express monorail is not operating.....which it wasn't today. :( (The shutdown was from 12-6 p.m.) You can't see the resort monorail when dining in the cafe.

We placed our order and were given a tracker. Not quite as nifty as the rose at Be Our Guest!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Em was feeling a little dehydrated.

Soon our lunch arrived ~ a meat lovers flatbread for Woody
image.jpeg

and a good ole cheeseburger for Em and me to share.
image.jpeg

Now the Contemporary bakery makes cupcakes that, IMO, puts Sprinkles to shame. Moist cakes, yummy fillings and buttercream frostings that aren't too sweet. The flavors change seasonally, although the "Frozen" cupcake has been around for over a year (and is probably standard now.)

Presenting the "Frozen" cupcake ~ dark chocolate cake, caramel filling and vanilla buttercream frosting! (You may bow or curtsy now.)
image.jpeg

(Oops, I forgot to mention the candy snowflakes!)

Woody and I had no trouble polishing off this baby! :hungry:

epcotisbest

The tea party price makes me glad I have boys! It looks like fun but OUCH!
Isn't that the truth. Even if I was not doing the Closed Wallet Rebellion, that would just not happen. Even if I was doing the Open Wallet, Spend it Like a Fool with Overflowing Wallet and Money Spilling Out Tour (which, by the way I have never done) that would not happen. Yes, I know...we don't have children and who knows how much I might indulge my little princess if we did. Well, I am pretty sure I still wouldn't.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm a little late to the party here but I'm on page 4 of your trip report and loving it. I can relate to a few of your comments and difficulties. I too am sometimes bothered by some of the price increases, like yours of the orange juice, mine was with a banana hubby got for breakfast. I think it was like $2 for one banana. And I kept thinking I could buy a whole bunch for that price.

We also had difficulty with luggage delivery, we had ours transferred from All Star Music to the Caribbean. Dropped off the bags at 7am and still hadn't gotten them by 5:30pm despite multiple calls. It was frustrating as we had ADR's for the Yachtsman and didn't want to show up in stinky park clothes. Long story short, we were late for Yachtman (but they still sat us) and we had a respectful conversation with the CBR manager.
Ugggh, I hate to hear another luggage-transfer-gone-bad story! :mad: It seems this once-easy process has taken a turn for the worse.

Thanks for following, @ajrwdwgirl. I hope you write a report about your most recent visit!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The tea party price makes me glad I have boys! It looks like fun but OUCH!
That is a very steep price for tea with a princess. No. Way!

Made me glad my daughter is way over the age limit! ;) (Happy she had also "aged out" before the Bippity Boppity Boutique came along!)

I want that Frozen cupcake in my belly right now! My mouth is watering!
Loving your report!

Thanks! The cupcake was delish!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
After our cupcake gorging, Woody had to return to the Poly for more meetings.

Em and I ventured inside here ~
image.jpeg

Not only did we open our wallets, but we dropped some serious $$ :eek: (Oh where were you, @epcotisbest, to guide us??!!) We always find something to buy in BVG (short for Bay View Gifts, in case you were unaware.) The store tends to have some unique items, unlike the same old, same old you see everywhere else.

A mug for Drumr from his favorite resort ~
image.jpeg

I just love this Alex and Ani bracelet. Woody said it could be my anniversary gift. I got him 2 Mickey polo shirts (not pictured) as his gift. :inlove:
image.jpeg

Em found a pretty summer dress (with discreet hidden Mickeys) and when we saw these coordinating Minnie tops, we knew we were trouble ;).
image.jpeg

Last, but certainly not least, was one more Minnie ~

image.jpeg

For our GRANDDAUGHTER!!!! Yes, it's a girl!!! :inlove: :inlove: When I read your post @BWK05 I couldn't help but laugh...I probably will find myself at that tea party someday!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The sun was not shining upon our return to the Poly ~ it was overcast and gray. The Oasis pool was closed due to a power outage on the DVC side of the resort (@bethymouse, were you still at the Poly on Wednesday?) Em and I knew that meant the Lava pool would be extra busy so we decided NO POOL. :( (Sorry if I caused you any insomnia, @Zipitidoda ;)!)

Today was the first day of classes for Em's grad school summer session so she opted to do some schoolwork. Woody was still busy with his calls which meant I could have some relaxing "me time" on our balcony.

We missed appetizers and Ku U Leis tonight, but we had a good reason! Needed to leave the Poly before 5 p.m. for our scrumptious dinner at Sanaa!

This is a given ~
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I know y'all have seen dozens of mouth-watering Naan bread service pics, but really, isn't it fun to drool??

Our potjies ~ cilantro-coconut milk seasonal veggies, basmati rice and butter chicken
image.jpeg

butter chicken, basmati rice and braised beef
image.jpeg

Our table was near a window so we enjoyed some animal sightings while we ate. We also enjoyed listening to the lady next to us (with her preteen daughter) who was a first-timer to Sanaa. She clearly knew nothing about the menu and was clearly not an adventuresome diner and clearly wanted to eat as cheaply as possible. Do your homework before making that ADR!!

(For the record, she ordered the bread service ("too spicy") and shared a potjie with double butter chicken and basmati rice...which her daughter didn't eat any of. "Well, this wasn't what I expected." :banghead:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom