Trip Report Whoa, Wait a Minute......Weren't You JUST There??!! *COMPLETED*

Hi, my name is Tuvalu and I am a Disneyholic.

(Go on, respond "Hi Tuvalu." I'll wait.)

My last trip to WDW was June 4-12, 2016. Before that May 3-8, 2016. Before that April 3-9, 2016. And my first trip of 2016 was February 18-22. If you are curious about those trip reports, they can be found here:

February ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/up-where-they-walk-up-where-they-run-19-3-miles.910930/ (Written by my DDD ~ Darling Disney Daughter :p)
April ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/go-with-the-flow-its-spring-break-you-know-completed.912354/
May ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/relaxin-on-the-rue-dbaga-completed.913182/

In the interest of full disclosure, I have three more trips planned for 2016 ~ July, October and December.

Can't. Stop. Going.

It is never my intention to be boastful about my vacation frequency. I am very aware of how fortunate I am. If not for the good friends I have made on this site, I would not be posting trip reports at all. So a big thank you to all who have encouraged and supported me. Your kindness means a lot.

Now, on with our most recent adventure!

The deets:
Cast ~ Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Date ~ June 4-12, 2016
Resorts ~ Port Orleans French Quarter & Polynesian Village

image.jpeg

Did we have fun? You betcha! Even Tropical Storm Colin couldn't dampen our joy :D.

Stay tuned....

Zipadeelady

Isn't Aurora taking back over at Princess Fairy Tale Hall now that Anna and Elsa moved to Epcot?
That's what I thought would happen but we've been watching MDE to see what characters were out and we never see Aurora anywhere. I've just learned this morning on another thread that she is at the PFTH and now starting this week at France in Epcot. Cady's a happy girl

blreinsel

That's what I thought would happen but we've been watching MDE to see what characters were out and we never see Aurora anywhere. I've just learned this morning on another thread that she is at the PFTH and now starting this week at France in Epcot. Cady's a happy girl

She was on our times guide for Epcot when I was there in June, but forgot to mention that in my first post. Yay! :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yukon Cornelius!!!!!
50 bonus points for @meganwdw too! :geek:

I am really hoping we can pull this off and get @Doc Disney in on the act too! I really can't be there and not make time to meet Nicole or the M&M girls (aka Megan & Mary!) - this needs to happen and I am sure you will be there at the same time too!
No November for me this year ~ our first grandbaby is due in November and Tuvalu is going nowhere!!!!! :happy:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Monday evening

We don't make it to Disney Springs every trip ~ and going twice during a vacation is very unusual for us. Nevertheless, we trudged out of Hawaii in the rain to catch a bus for DS. We were going to get our steak on!

We got to travel in the dedicated bus lane (which had opened a little over a week ago) and arrived at the new bus depot in Town Center. The new bus area puts the old one to shame! And the stops are covered, enabling everyone to stay dry (unless it is raining sideways...which it was on our way back :in pain:.)

The rain seemed to have kept the crowds away. Since we were early for our ADR, we did a little browsing and decided to give Sprinkles another try. The place was empty!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We got 4 cupcakes to go ~ dark chocolate, salty caramel and 2 chocolate marshmallow. We planned to save them for dessert later.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Only the Tuvalu family would go to a restaurant called The Boathouse and all order steak! :joyfull:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

There are several dining rooms in addition to outdoor space. Tonight was NOT a night to dine alfresco! We were seated in a small room towards the back of the restaurant. It was noisy, likely due to all the kids that were also sitting (or playing or crying) in that room. Our server was top-notch, however, and we really liked our food.

The yeast rolls were warm and soft.
image.jpeg

I had the garden salad with NY strip steak. The steak was cooked to order and was tender and flavorful. The croutons in the salad were fresh baked and the herb dressing tied everything together.
image.jpeg

Em had the steak sandwich with arugula, tomato and steak sauce. Very tasty!
image.jpeg

Woody had the NY steak and fries. (Epic fail, @TrolleyFollower91...you forgot to take a picture!)

And even though both Em and Woody had enough fresh cut fries on their plates to feed a small army, I still wanted to try the truffle fries which were highly recommended by @wdwmagic.

image.jpeg

These. Were. Amazing. Definitely worth the accolades!! :hungry:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Hey, all you followers of Tuvalu's trip report!"

image.jpeg

"Want to know why it is taking so long for her to post? It's not my fault. There's this.....thing. It's jumpy and excitable. It eats my food. It pounces on me. It chases me! It is wreaking havoc in my house!"

image.jpeg

"Who, me??"

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Monday evening, con't

It was raining lightly when we left The Boathouse which pretty much sealed the decision to return to the Poly. By the time we reached the bus depot, the rain intensity increased. Remember the sideways rain I mentioned earlier? Yeah...we were mostly protected from it :rolleyes:. My greatest concern was for the cupcakes! Definitely didn't want those to get wet!

When our bus pulled up, we noticed the windows were all foggy. The driver had the a/c cranked to Arctic levels! Why is it when you board a bus with wet clothing, the temperature inside is always sub-zero so you end up shivering the entire length of the ride??! Where is that nice cool bus on a hot afternoon when you've been sweating at the bus stop for over 20 minutes??!

Em and I huddled together until disembarking. It wasn't raining at the Poly then, so we had a dry walk to Hawaii.

Later we went to the club lounge to have our cupcakes ~ thankful for plates, utensils and free beverages.

image.jpeg

This is the "dark" chocolate:
image.jpeg

And this is the chocolate marshmallow:
image.jpeg

(Funny how this cupcake is darker than the one above it!)

Em and I planned to split the dark chocolate and the chocolate marshmallow. We expected to LOVE the chocolate marshmallow and therefore bought 2, one for tonight and one to share tomorrow.

image.jpeg

Only I didn't love it. Wasn't all that jazzed about the dark chocolate one either. Both cupcakes were too dry for my taste (even with the marshmallow cream filling). The icing could have been sweeter. Emily had been spot-on with her prediction...but she thoughtfully didn't gloat about being right. (And she did get to eat the remaining cupcake in its entirety the next day. ;))

Sadly, it was another no-Wishes night for us.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Tuesday, June 7

I heard A LOT of rain during the night and it was storming when I went downstairs to get some oatmeal. I sat at a table by the window and thought how eerie it was to watch the rain fall from a dark morning sky. I prayed we wouldn't have to spend our day as drowned rats!

Woody was dressed and ready for breakfast when I returned to our room. I offered to go back to the lounge with him while Em got herself together. The place was now packed ~ not a single available table on the second or third floor. Woody got his breakfast to-go and I grabbed a cup of coffee for Em and we went back to our room. Em opted to eat one of the Entenmann's donuts I had packed (which, unfortunately, did not survive the flight too well. Guess the donuts do better when driving, @lostpro9het?)

It wasn't raining when Em and I walked to the bus stop. Woody had an early call and planned to meet us at DHS when he was finished. We had a looonnnggg wait for a bus, and when it finally showed up another DHS bus was right behind it! :in pain:

image.jpeg

Here!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

We visited my favorite attraction first. You can see it beyond the gas station. Right, @Doc Disney?

lostpro9het

Em opted to eat one of the Entenmann's donuts I had packed (which, unfortunately, did not survive the flight too well. Guess the donuts do better when driving, @lostpro9het?)
Entenmann's is one of the few things we actually DON'T bring with us! It has kind of become a tradition to just purchase them at the resort store when we arrive. I know they are available at AKL Kidani, AKL Jambo, BCV, and SSR. I'd imaging the Poly store has them too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom