Trip Report Whoa, Wait a Minute......Weren't You JUST There??!! *COMPLETED*

Hi, my name is Tuvalu and I am a Disneyholic.

(Go on, respond "Hi Tuvalu." I'll wait.)

My last trip to WDW was June 4-12, 2016. Before that May 3-8, 2016. Before that April 3-9, 2016. And my first trip of 2016 was February 18-22. If you are curious about those trip reports, they can be found here:

February ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/up-where-they-walk-up-where-they-run-19-3-miles.910930/ (Written by my DDD ~ Darling Disney Daughter :p)
April ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/go-with-the-flow-its-spring-break-you-know-completed.912354/
May ~ http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/relaxin-on-the-rue-dbaga-completed.913182/

In the interest of full disclosure, I have three more trips planned for 2016 ~ July, October and December.

Can't. Stop. Going.

It is never my intention to be boastful about my vacation frequency. I am very aware of how fortunate I am. If not for the good friends I have made on this site, I would not be posting trip reports at all. So a big thank you to all who have encouraged and supported me. Your kindness means a lot.

Now, on with our most recent adventure!

The deets:
Cast ~ Tuvalu, Woody and Em
Date ~ June 4-12, 2016
Resorts ~ Port Orleans French Quarter & Polynesian Village

image.jpeg

Did we have fun? You betcha! Even Tropical Storm Colin couldn't dampen our joy :D.

Stay tuned....

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Our first FP was for Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I have learned recently that, ahem, some of my WDWMagic friends think it is time for this attraction to go bye-bye. But Em and I say, why-why? The "Under the Sea" number makes us truly happy!

I knew we wouldn't need a FP for the show, but I wanted to book our initial 3 selections for the morning so this just worked. Em and I almost burst out laughing when the CM came out to make the announcement. How wet did he think he was going to get?!

image.jpeg

(Although, come to think of it, there have been times when the water feature did rain down on us pretty heavily! :facepalm:)

I am not ashamed to admit we enjoyed another VOTLM performance.

We walked over to check out the gift store in the Launch Bay.
image.jpeg

I purchased a small 3D metal puzzle of the Millennium Falcon for my son. There were several different puzzles to choose from and they were all really cool! Apparently they are too "fragile" to ship back to the resort (according to the CM, "It might get bent") so I had to carry it. :rolleyes:

sheriffwoody

Your luggage woes have me worried :oops:. We're doing our first split stay next trip, and that's been my biggest point of stress. I need to just let it go :p. Sorry you had to deal with all that rain! If only the bubble was an actual bubble to protect from rain...one with air conditioning.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Your luggage woes have me worried :oops:. We're doing our first split stay next trip, and that's been my biggest point of stress. I need to just let it go :p. Sorry you had to deal with all that rain! If only the bubble was an actual bubble to protect from rain...one with air conditioning.
Not to worry, as your luggage WILL make it...perhaps not as soon as you would like it, though. If there is anything in your luggage you think you might want to have (like a bathing suit), keep it with you. If it hadn't been raining, we may have wanted to go to the pool...and without our bags, that would have been impossible.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Woody texted that he was in the park and we met up with him in time for our next FP at Tower of Terror. As we made our way to the entrance, we could not believe the standby wait time.

image.jpeg

Then we saw this ~
image.jpeg

Nope, that's NOT the standby line ~ that's the Fastpass line!! We had to turn around because "the line ENDS here; it BEGINS over there!" (Bonus points if you get the reference :D.)

This is where the line began...at the stoplight!!
image.jpeg

A cast member walking beside the line apologized to all FP holders and said the wait would be 45 minutes due to one side of the ride having mechanical difficulty. We joined the line anyway.

image.jpeg

We noticed these two streetmosphere performers just outside the lobby who were making hilarious faces! They weren't speaking, so anyone not paying attention would not have even seen them. When the gal on the right saw Em's camera, she immediately broke into a huge grin.

image.jpeg

The mechanical issues must have gotten resolved sometime during our wait because we made it into the library in 30 minutes.

And down we go!!!!
image.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Not to worry, as your luggage WILL make it...perhaps not as soon as you would like it, though. If there is anything in your luggage you think you might want to have (like a bathing suit), keep it with you. If it hadn't been raining, we may have wanted to go to the pool...and without our bags, that would have been impossible.

In the back of my mind, I always worry about the possibility of lost or misrouted/delayed luggage--more so, from the airlines. So I've always made sure that my carry on bag has a bathing suit, and a complete change of clothes for 1 day. That way, if your luggage is located (but not until the next day), at least you have one bathing suit for the pool, and a clean change of clothing. I also keep a toothbrush and toothpaste, a small tube of sunscreen, a baseball cap (to protect from the sun), sunglasses, and a comb in there. :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We bought a few presents in the ToT gift store. It is great that there is attraction-specific merchandise there ~ most of the gift stores now all have the same generic stuff.

After my spring break debacle of having to share my TSMM vehicle with a bossy stranger, I included myself in the tier 1 RNR fastpass with Woody and Em, despite having no intention of riding it. I do enjoy the pre-show. It was nice being able to skip the 100 minute standby line.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
View attachment 149725

You will never see me in one of these pictures. I rode RNR once ~ shortly after it opened. Motion sensivity stinks!

Do you mean vertigo from the inversion loops? I have to be careful with inversions--I can only ride RNR once while I'm on my yearly trip to WDW. I also only ride the "green" side of Mission Space, for the same reason--inner ear imbalance that can create havoc.

disneypearl

I have the same problem with motion sickness. Some rides give me the worst pressure headaches. It seems the darker rides are worse for me. I can't do Space Mountain so have never tried RNR. I can ride Tower of Terror and love it. I hope to always be able to handle that one as it is one of my very favorites.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
When I was planning our DHS day, I thought we would lunch at Sunset Ranch Market. We've been pleased with the quick-serve options there on our last couple of visits. But then the food trucks opened and some of the offerings sounded really good! I decided we would wait and choose once we were hungry.

Tropical storm Colin changed that plan!

As I watched the rain from our balcony yesterday afternoon, I thought it would be a good idea if we had a guaranteed indoor table for lunch. So no matter what Colin might bring, we could eat dry and comfortably. I searched the MDE app and to my delight there was a noon ADR at Mama Melrose. Booked! :)

Usually the entryway of Mama's is full of guests with a line to check in. This was today:
image.jpeg

See the server on the far right? That's Jean. I swear, Jean has been working at Mama's since the place opened (or at least since the mid-90s when we first started dining there!)

(Side note: Does anyone know when the soundtrack changed from beachy California/Italian tunes to the current more traditional Italian fare?)

Anyhoo, since there wasn't a crowd of people waiting to be seated (and I had scored the day-before ADR so easily), we expected a barely full restaurant.

image.jpeg

We were wrong! We were seated at the only available table! :jawdrop:

Our server was prompt and brought our drinks and bread right away. Our entrees soon followed.

Woody had the Saltimbocca (pork tenderloin with prosciutto and fontina cheese)
image.jpeg

Em selected a Margherita flatbread
image.jpeg

And because I didn't get my fill of steak last night ~
image.jpeg

Actually, I've had this charred strip steak before. It is by far the best non-signature steak at WDW. So delicious. And the four cheese mac with pancetta? Mmmmmmmmmm :hungry:!!!

Not a bad last-minute lunch, eh?

Beckett

Lovely trip report, as always! :) I just got back from my most recent trip 2 days ago and reading yours and lostpro9het's trip reports made me crave the Entenmann's donuts during my trip. I had them for breakfast almost every day! My family asked why and I just told them its a WDW Magic thing :D You guys should get endorsements!

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
In the back of my mind, I always worry about the possibility of lost or misrouted/delayed luggage--more so, from the airlines. So I've always made sure that my carry on bag has a bathing suit, and a complete change of clothes for 1 day. That way, if your luggage is located (but not until the next day), at least you have one bathing suit for the pool, and a clean change of clothing. I also keep a toothbrush and toothpaste, a small tube of sunscreen, a baseball cap (to protect from the sun), sunglasses, and a comb in there. :)

That's why I always carry on my luggage. No worries for me! :cool::D:oops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom