Which Retired Attraction do you miss most?

erasure fan1

Maelstrom. I don't care if it wasn't an E ticket. It was an original, it was something different, and it had an eerie magic and charm. It was the first thing I hit when visiting WS. I'm going to miss the heck out of it. :(
I will second this. If I would have known on my last trip at Epcot that it would have been my last ride, I would have rode a few more times.

I think the thing I miss the most is the original sea-base alpha. As a kid who loved the ocean, it was by far my favorite spot in any of the parks. As a 6yr old, riding the hydrolators and then the sea cabs to the main tank, EPIC. I also miss the original imagination.

Glasgow

If I had to choose?

Journey into Imagination

But, there's a long list.

1) Horizons
2) Hydrolators and a restoration of the Seabase Alpha theme (I'm ok with Nemo being in it, but not overshadowing it)
3) World of Motion (I don't find Test Track very impressive)
4) Universe of Energy with the rotating screens and a real story
5) New Addition MAELSTROM!
6) Mr. Toads
7) Snow White's Scary Adventures
8) Vehicles at EPCOT
9) Tapestry of Nations
10) The Communicores (but updated)

Man, I could keep going...most of it Epcot centric. :p
Could not have said it any better. Epcot is a shell of its former self. *tear*

Raineman

If I had to choose?

Journey into Imagination

But, there's a long list.

1) Horizons
2) Hydrolators and a restoration of the Seabase Alpha theme (I'm ok with Nemo being in it, but not overshadowing it)
3) World of Motion (I don't find Test Track very impressive)
4) Universe of Energy with the rotating screens and a real story
5) New Addition MAELSTROM!
6) Mr. Toads
7) Snow White's Scary Adventures
8) Vehicles at EPCOT
9) Tapestry of Nations
10) The Communicores (but updated)

Man, I could keep going...most of it Epcot centric. :p
You know, the first time I went to WDW in 1990, my favourite ride was one I could never remember the name of years later. I saw Horizons as your #1, and checked it out on YouTube just to see what ride it was-and that was it. What an amazing ride.

Misterdcp

Original Poster
I wish there was a way to "recreate" the lost attractions in a virtual way. It would be nice to look back and experience some of them again. I think a "virtual Tour" simulation would even work in the home console world. There has to be Disney fans that would buy something like that

BasiltheBatLord

I wish there was a way to "recreate" the lost attractions in a virtual way. It would be nice to look back and experience some of them again. I think a "virtual Tour" simulation would even work in the home console world. There has to be Disney fans that would buy something like that

some guy was working on a reconstrucion of Toad but gave up around 2008 and hasn't been heard from since. You can see what he worked on here: http://virtual-toad.com/

on topic: SpectroMagic without a doubt. so much sad childhood nostalgia there it's unbelievable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom