Which Retired Attraction do you miss most?

kfergdisney

It would be awesome if Disney could make small models of all the former rides and put them somewhere so they can be reminised by all.

SNS

Body Wars

I wonder if they can bring this back for a limited time. I know they removed the simulators but if they still have the film and programming, it would probably be easy to convert one of the Star Tours cabins into this...

Bluewaves

Does anyone remember that other water park they used to have? First time we went to Disney in 1997 we took the kids there and they loved it. It was like an old time adventure water island and their favorite thing was walking across these floating pads trying desperately to hang onto bars or a net above. They also had tube rides and water slides.

You mean River Country?

mergatroid

'If You Had Wings' :cool:

Almost certainly a nostalgic choice from me and I'd imagine there'd be wailing and gnashing of teeth aplenty if Disney brought this back now along with a few forum suicides. But this simple yet whimsical attraction was pure joy to me as a child and I could ride it over and over back in the day without tiring of it. It was wonderful.

wogwog

Toad.

Epcot Center.

MK benches.

MK shade trees.

Main Street USA before MiSiDaPi or as I like to call it My sigh dippy.

redsfan4life

One for each park DS Backlot Tour Epcot Horizions MK 20000 Leagues AK Jammin Jungle Parade and non park bring back The Comedy Warehouse

Brian Swan

Hands-down, the original Journey into Imagination. It was one of my favorite attraction in all of WDW, and what's there now is heart-breaking. Horizons also has to be on the list. I aslo miss the really cool pre-Ellen pre-show in UoE.

Florida_is_hot

Miss Horizons. Nostalgia is important to me.
Give me WDW 1984 and I would be happy .... only a few elements remain.
I will miss Captain EO, when that goes away too.

All I have is memories

ssidiouss@mac.c

Spaceship Earth with jeremy irons and the cool music during the descent.. used to ride that multiple times per trip.. the new version is i only hit once every 2 years or so :(

voodoo321

I don't know if this has already been said but

El Rio del Tiempo

Some could say that not much has changed, but I say the essence of what I liked about the ride has been ruined. I used to ride multiple times during a trip. Maybe once now.

I liked it for the relaxation, scenery, theming and music. I loved that song. It was as infectious as any of the great attraction songs. Yes, the films were dated and cheesy but could have been changed or removed altogether with different effects as replacements. It didn't seem like a totally stupid idea when I first heard of the changeover and I was eager to ride. But the new story and films make the ride too frenetic and hyperactive. It's a overused and lazy story. "Donald has gone missing, we need to find him". It only significantly bumped attendance short term.
I'm only half joking by saying that Frozen should have taken this ride over instead of Maelstrom. Its longer and has more capacity. They could've walled off the entrance and exposed area. Built a new entrance and queue close to the M&G mini-land, routing it over to the show building. Would've made as much or more sense. Not saying that I like the idea.

OneDNP

So I can still see SWSA and Toad in DL, and a sort-of 20K under the sea, so I'm square with MK.

Epcot is another story.

Wonders of Life pavillion is probably #1. It is the one I get angry over every time I see the golden dome peaking from the trees.

I really loved the older versions of SE (Cronkite or Ions), the Living Seas, Living with the Land plus Kitchen Kaberet, and Imagination plus Image Works. I can roll with the updates on those and Look forward to some of the refreshing that I hope will come after Norway's plastic surgery.

Horizons was a favorite, but I am one of seeming few who loves Mission Space so I am fine to relive it from YouTube. World of Motion was also a favorite and I still confuse scenes from it with ones from SE. Universe of Energy was always an afterthought and I'm not sure Communicore would be relevant these days since everyone has so much of that technology in their pocket.

I do think it would be cool to have throwback weekends where you could experience old rides in some form - certainly any of the pavilions that currently house short films could pull it off at the very least. But Even with retro merchandising, I'm sure it would be viewed as a bad business move to glorify the past.

pumpkin7

I miss the Jeremy Irons version of SSE. Judy Dench just doesn't cut it.
I also agree with the post Johnny Depp Pirates. I know they felt it 'expected' that Captain Jack was added, I just prefer it before.

And at Universal, Jaws and Back to the Future. And Kongfrontation. I loved the atmosphere in the queue and going into the car station.

JohnByers

I've visited WDW once back in '08 and the kids were younger and my wife asked that we pass up the Back Lot tour at DHS as it was near lunch time etc etc "we will see it next time". Well ffwd to this Aug when we are finally able to afford to come back and it's closed and makes me :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom