Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I guess for me, it depends on if I'm with the kids....I love Disney, but we've only stayed on property once and I loved the Disney touches. But I think if it was just Hubby and I, I'd prefer a bit more luxury and elegance than in your face character theming.
Ditto.

Songbird76

So I think some of you know this but my daughter is afraid of drops - all drops. She hasn't even been on PoTC in 2 years but before we came she declared she "wanted to try Pirates again". So after we convinced her to ride frozen (she remembered the backwards and drop from Maelstrom) she decided she wanted to give Barnstormer try! So when we got to MK last nite we went straight there and there was no line - but she got nervous so my son went on and we went to watch him. Then she decided to give it a try because it's so short so we grabbed my son and went around again - she and I sat in front and my son sat in the way back and she rode and loved it and then stayed on again! Then we got off because there were people and ran around and got on again in the middle and then stayed on again! She would have ridden all nite but we had a PoTC fastpass and my son was getting mad because we hadn't ridden that yet and he was excited for it. She just kept yelling "one more time"! What was even cooler was HEA fireworks were going off the whole time so we had the music and fireworks while we rode. Trying to convince her to ride mine train in the front.

Today is breakfast at Fresh at the Swolphin and on to AK - FPs are for NJP, Kali and the safari. Dinner at Cape May and I don't know where we are going after that - probably walk to either DHS or EPCOT.
That's so great that your daughter overcame that fear! How old is she? My son is 9 and we had problems last summer because after we did ToT, he didn't want to do ANYTHING anymore. He wanted to do ToT because I didn't and he thought it would be fun to say he did something mommy was too scared to do, but it ended up freaking him out so much, he wouldn't go on HM, BTMRR, Splash, or Space mountain. And now he's terrified of elevators.

Songbird76

Happy Eclipse Day. Be smart, everyone.
(It's not a total event up here in the GWN.)

View attachment 224085
They are predicting the population of Wyoming to double for the eclipse, I guess. It was even on the news here in the Netherlands. I'm from a town not too far from Glendo, where I guess it's going to be the most spectacular. We used to drive through Glendo to get to college and back home. I looked it up and we won't be able to see the eclipse where we are, but I have choir tonight anyway. Our first rehearsal after vacation (kids went back to school today) so I can't stand around to look at the sun anyway. I hope any of you who want to see it get a good view!!

NYwdwfan

That's so great that your daughter overcame that fear! How old is she? My son is 9 and we had problems last summer because after we did ToT, he didn't want to do ANYTHING anymore. He wanted to do ToT because I didn't and he thought it would be fun to say he did something mommy was too scared to do, but it ended up freaking him out so much, he wouldn't go on HM, BTMRR, Splash, or Space mountain. And now he's terrified of elevators.

She's 13. We are on line for Dinosaur now - another ride she said she would NEVER do again.

I've heard many friends tell a similar tale about Tower of Terror.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Apparently it's no more dangerous to look at the sun during an eclipse than on a regular day. Just don't stare at it.

Oh, and for those in the path of the total eclipse, it's safe to stare when it's completely covered.
Maybe, but I'm not going to risk it.

Mind you, I live in sunglasses, so my light-sensitive eyes would probably shrivel up if I looked at a full moon; never mind the sun.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Allergy shots. Check.
Stop at Elberta Farms to visit my goat friends. Check.
Remember to actually buy produce at Elberta Farms. Check.
Stop at the K-Cup Store. Check.
Run into FarmBoy (boutique grocery store). Check.

Home before the eclipse. Check.

The goats sorried me. Decided it was too hot to come say hello. :(
IMG_6280.JPG
IMG_6281.JPG
IMG_6282.JPG IMG_6283.JPG

trr1

20130629-257661-spumoni-icecream-terrine-edit-thumb-300xauto-341667.jpg
tub-spumoni_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom