Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

NYwdwfan

Today we got up and headed over to EPCOT to ride Test Track standby (said 60, waited 45) since our big FP for the day was Frozen at 1:30. After TT we headed to what we thought would be a wasted FP at LwtL but it was a legit 30 minute wait so we were happy to walk right on. Afterwards we had a bite at Sunshine Seasons and decided to brave the 45 minute wait for Soarin'. We loved the new movie & scents. I prefered the old score but I wasn't disappointed at all with the new experience. After Soarin we headed to another wasted FP at Imagination and it was a legit 15 minute wait so we happily walked right on there as well. It was nice and cold. By then it was 1:00 so we headed to Frozen. The animatronics are unreal but there are not enough of them, no real story and too many screens. It's a cute ride but I cannot believe people wait 3 hours for that. After Frozen we continued around World Showcase getting egg rolls in China, a pretzel & some window shopping in Germany, stared at the trains for a bit and headed back to YC. I tried to get the kids down to the pool but they were both wiped out so we just relaxed and are getting ready to make the trek to Pioneer Hall. We have a 9pm PoTC FP so will hit MK for a bit after the show.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I would much rather have subtle touches in a well appointed room than something like the princess rooms or AoA theming. That's just too much for me.

I agree with disliking over-the-top theming. I think the types of rooms you mentioned are geared to families with younger kids who would really like that.

My idea of ideal Disney theming would be Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, The Contemporary, Grand Floridian (and the previous design over at the Poly).

Nemo14

Hi from Anchorage. It's 1:45 AM here and we're both showered and dressed. Why? Why? We'll because DH woke up at midnight and thought he had overslept so he felt the need to wake me from a sound sleep. It's bad enough that we have to leave for the airport at 3 AM, but I had planned to be sleeping still.
We fly all day today and lose 4 hours in the process - it's going to be a long day...

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hi from Anchorage. It's 1:45 AM here and we're both showered and dressed. Why? Why? We'll because DH woke up at midnight and thought he had overslept so he felt the need to wake me from a sound sleep. It's bad enough that we have to leave for the airport at 3 AM, but I had planned to be sleeping still.
We fly all day today and lose 4 hours in the process - it's going to be a long day...

Hi Nemo! Maybe you can catch some zzzz's on the plane ride home.

NYwdwfan

So I think some of you know this but my daughter is afraid of drops - all drops. She hasn't even been on PoTC in 2 years but before we came she declared she "wanted to try Pirates again". So after we convinced her to ride frozen (she remembered the backwards and drop from Maelstrom) she decided she wanted to give Barnstormer try! So when we got to MK last nite we went straight there and there was no line - but she got nervous so my son went on and we went to watch him. Then she decided to give it a try because it's so short so we grabbed my son and went around again - she and I sat in front and my son sat in the way back and she rode and loved it and then stayed on again! Then we got off because there were people and ran around and got on again in the middle and then stayed on again! She would have ridden all nite but we had a PoTC fastpass and my son was getting mad because we hadn't ridden that yet and he was excited for it. She just kept yelling "one more time"! What was even cooler was HEA fireworks were going off the whole time so we had the music and fireworks while we rode. Trying to convince her to ride mine train in the front.

Today is breakfast at Fresh at the Swolphin and on to AK - FPs are for NJP, Kali and the safari. Dinner at Cape May and I don't know where we are going after that - probably walk to either DHS or EPCOT.

Songbird76

I would much rather have subtle touches in a well appointed room than something like the princess rooms or AoA theming. That's just too much for me.
I guess for me, it depends on if I'm with the kids....I love Disney, but we've only stayed on property once and I loved the Disney touches. But I think if it was just Hubby and I, I'd prefer a bit more luxury and elegance than in your face character theming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom