Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Songbird76

So we arrived today. Checked in and the room wasn't ready so we went to MK. We rode the Peoplemover and while we were waiting on the short line placed our mobile order at Cosmic Rays. After riding we went to Cosmic Rays, clicked "we are here" in the app and proceded to the pickup window where we waited for 20 minutes for our order. Definitely not what I had expected for the wait. We then did our FP for Peter Pan, waited 20 mins for Pooh, used Buzz FP (where I maxed out as Galactic Hero) and used our Minetrain FP. After that it was dinner at Crystal Palace and back to the room to unpack. After relaxing we went down to the arcade and hit Beaches & Cream for a snack. I got the hard root beer float. It was exactly what I needed. Now we are back in the room and will be hitting EPCOT in the morning.
So...you can order in advance for counter service now?? How do you pay? Do you still have to wait in line to pay or does it save time?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Here are some of the room

That's a lotta "neutral" tones . . . and by the way, where's Mickey and the gang? Can't tell from your photo, but was there any reference to Disney in the picture on the wall? I do like the layout of the room--looks fairly spacious. It does have an upscale feel to it--very contemporary, but (to me) doesn't have a Disney vibe. Maybe it's different in person..

It's very elegant though. Elegant beats Pop Century kitsch any day.

This is true.

TV is huge, Keurig in kitchen area and there is a big wooden sliding door to close off the sink area for privacy which is really cool.

That's a really nice touch.

TV (my daughter is watching Say yes to the Dress):

Embarrassed to say, I really like that show! :rolleyes: :D

NYwdwfan

NYwdwfan

That's a lotta "neutral" tones . . . and by the way, where's Mickey and the gang? Can't tell from your photo, but was there any reference to Disney in the picture on the wall? I do like the layout of the room--looks fairly spacious. It does have an upscale feel to it--very contemporary, but (to me) doesn't have a Disney vibe. Maybe it's different in person..

This is true.

That's a really nice touch.

Embarrassed to say, I really like that show! :rolleyes: :D
There are definite subtle Disney touches. I'll take some close ups today. My phone battery was dead all day yesterday so limited photos. I'll be better today!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Update on room: the shower is the best I have ever been in anywhere in my life.

And they also give you disposable coffee cups with lids.

And there are little booklights built into each side of the headboard.

View attachment 223978

Sounds great. (Similar to the SWAN where I stay--good showers, disposable cups with lids.) However, that booklight is beyond amazing!!! Wow!!

For @MinnieM123 - we originally thought the curtains just had constellations but upon further inspection:

View attachment 223979

LOVE the curtains!!

I just realized we are at AK tomorrow and will be on KS during the eclipse.

That's very interesting--I'm wondering if the animals might react differently--I wonder if they'll get into their "night mode" -- whether that's on the prowl for some, and sleep for others. I'll be really interested to hear about what you see. And hey--you'll also have bragging rights--I mean, how many people will be able to say that they were on KS during the 2017 eclipse??!!! :jawdrop: :cool:

Songbird76

There are definite subtle Disney touches. I'll take some close ups today. My phone battery was dead all day yesterday so limited photos. I'll be better today!!
You're at YC, right? Fractal said the same in his TR...there are Disney touches, but it's not OBVIOUS in your face Disney like the majority of resorts. Like...the carpet in the hallways has a Mickey ears outline in the design. But it's more subtle Disney.

NYwdwfan

You're at YC, right? Fractal said the same in his TR...there are Disney touches, but it's not OBVIOUS in your face Disney like the majority of resorts. Like...the carpet in the hallways has a Mickey ears outline in the design. But it's more subtle Disney.
Yes - exactly. I don't mind the lack of Disney in the room since when I sit on the bed and look out the window I see this:
IMG_9273.JPG
I would have NEVER paid extra for a waterview room so I am soaking up every bit of the view that I can.

acishere

Yes - exactly. I don't mind the lack of Disney in the room since when I sit on the bed and look out the window I see this:
View attachment 224014
I would have NEVER paid extra for a waterview room so I am soaking up every bit of the view that I can.
I would much rather have subtle touches in a well appointed room than something like the princess rooms or AoA theming. That's just too much for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom