Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Well our skies cleared for the eclipse here is northern Wisconsin, we weren't in the path of totality but it was still eerie to watch it darken outside. I made a viewing box and I had glasses. I thought with my box I wouldn't use the glasses (I'm totally scared of the eye damage thing). But I ended up putting them on and sneaking 5 quick looks. I also tried putting the glasses on my phone and taking some pictures but that didn't really work out well. It was interesting, but I got more excited about it when I watched some of the coverage on CNN when I went back inside.

My husband's uncle was on a special astronomy tour that took him into the path of totality, and it looks like they had good weather for viewing so it should be interesting to hear his stories.

NYwdwfan

So quick recap before dinner. Everyone LOVED dinosaur so yay there. NRJ was cool but dang if I waited an hour and a half for that I would have been pretty annoyed. I wouldn't burn another FP on it either. One and done until lines calm down. Then we went on Kali which was fun but would have liked to get more wet. Lunch at Yak & Yeti QS and then we rode the train to the conservation station twice without getting off to burn time and have a place to sit before the safari FP. There were a lot of active animals and the sky was slightly darker but it was also raining. If I didn't know there was an eclipse I wouldn't have even noticed. There was an overabundance of people stopped mid-path with their cheap solar-eclipse-3d-looking-cellophane-glasses staring at the sun. Pics later.

Lucky

We were at the beach during the eclipse. It was about 85% here. It was sunny but noticeably less intense during it - it was cooler and you didn't need sunglasses for a while. We saw it through the eclipse glasses for 1/2 second each. It was pretty cool, but that was long enough, especially since we weren't sure whether the glasses were really as protective as they're supposed to be.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well our skies cleared for the eclipse here is northern Wisconsin, we weren't in the path of totality but it was still eerie to watch it darken outside. I made a viewing box and I had glasses. I thought with my box I wouldn't use the glasses (I'm totally scared of the eye damage thing). But I ended up putting them on and sneaking 5 quick looks. I also tried putting the glasses on my phone and taking some pictures but that didn't really work out well. It was interesting, but I got more excited about it when I watched some of the coverage on CNN when I went back inside.

My husband's uncle was on a special astronomy tour that took him into the path of totality, and it looks like they had good weather for viewing so it should be interesting to hear his stories.

I was at work today and almost forgot about it, until one of our nurses came in the office and told us she just saw it. One of the people on our floor had the special eyeglasses, so a few of us went down to that office. I looked out the window with the glasses on, and I could see (at that point in time) the sun covered maybe 1/4 by the moon--it was really cool to see! :)

NYwdwfan

Tonight was a recharge night. After dinner at Cape May I offered to take the kids to EPCOT but my son wanted to go in the pool and my daughter wanted to just relax in the room. Animal Kingdom was hot and a lot of walking so everyone was a little shot. Plus we got to the bus stop at 3:15 and didn't get back to the hotel until 4:45 - after waiting almost an hour for the bus we decided to jump on the Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin bus and walk from there. So after dinner it was pool, shower, Illuminations from the balcony and soon sleep.

Side note: I have consumed entirely too much food already and feel totally ill. Almost every meal has been "all you can cram in". I had wanted another hard root beet float tonight but alas, it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom