When another Guest ruins an experience/attraction for you

SourcererMark79

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I want to say to these people; Can I give you my email address so you can send me a copy of the show since I couldn't see it through your tablet?

I have said; Great I paid a lot of money just so I can watch the fireworks through this guys tablet..
It's weird how people video this stuff. There are 100s of videos all over you tube of each of these things, usually better quality also. I know it isn't personally yours. When I need a fix and can't get to the park for a time, I watch somebodys uploaded attraction pov videos or shows/fireworks and don't care if I'm not the one who filmed it! How many HEA videos are there, and are they different? Nope!

SyracuseDisneyFan

When I went with my Dad and younger siblings in October of 2012, we were standing in line for Soarin'. There were a bunch of immature idiots in front of us doing nasty things like passing gas loudly. They were very loud and obnoxious.

Raegansmommy

omg yes...Soarin' - I love this ride and usually only get one shot at it with a FP, since our trips are so short. There were 5 teenage girls sitting in our row who SCREAMED at the top of their lungs every time we soared over a hill, a mountain, a tree...a building, a bird...a dot on the screen...you get the idea.

I hate when people act as if Soarin' is a high speed roller coaster. Oohs, ahs, a loud cheer or applause on something particularly thrilling - fine. Screaming at the top of your lungs at every single thing in the film is totally obnoxious and really killed the immersive experience for everyone who sat near them.

Okay...I feel better now.:hilarious:

I first just saw Soarin' and screamed, and I immediately thought, oh my, this is a post about my children. Then I read the whole post. My daughter's both got to ride Soarin' for the 1st time last December. They were 8 and 5 and it is one of their favorite rides there. They might scream, but they were laughing and having fun and enjoying their trip. I'm sorry if this ruined the ride for someone else.

jaklgreen

I first just saw Soarin' and screamed, and I immediately thought, oh my, this is a post about my children. Then I read the whole post. My daughter's both got to ride Soarin' for the 1st time last December. They were 8 and 5 and it is one of their favorite rides there. They might scream, but they were laughing and having fun and enjoying their trip. I'm sorry if this ruined the ride for someone else.

I think it's one thing to laugh a bit and even give an ooh and ah on a ride or an attraction. But it is another to scream very loudly when there are others sitting right next to you on something other then a roller coaster(even then it gets to be too much sometimes). That, to me is very rude and even painful to someone's ears. The older I get, the more those really loud screams and obnoxious noises bother me. I see now why older people get annoyed with it having experienced the pain from it. Not saying that is what your daughters were doing, just people in general who think it is fun to scream at the top of their lungs unnecessarily.

PrincessRachelT

We had some fastpass line jumper last time we rode FEA (mom and a son who was old enough to know better, I'm talking 9-10). The group behind us got cut off by them and werent happy. When we got to the second fastpass checkpoint, son got through but mom didn't as she didn't have a fastpass. This let the group originally behind us get behind us again and we were talking about how the mom was going to wait until it got busy and sneak up to her son (the CM pulled her aside to wait) as he had gotten pretty far ahead of her. She did. Well, she was still pretty far back so we didn't think that she would be with us on the boat. She ends up in between us and the group right behind us (with us in the back, the large group behind us in the front and her and her son in the row in front of us). The ride starts and guess who is on her phone? The mom I had finally had enough and loudly said "I love how people use their phones when your obviously not supposed to. You know. Like on rides and stuff." You could tell she was annoyed as we had been talking about how terrible line jumpers were the entire line well within earshot of her. Both our group and the larger group started singing along with the ride, something I would not do normally as I think it's fun for me, but I don't want to ruin someone else's experience no matter how many times I've been on (although I do sing in my head). Ride ends, and my husband says "by line jumpers! Hope you had fun! We sure did!" Boy was that lady so angry. She took her son and ran down the hallway. We actually had a really good time, but I still hate line jumpers.
(I'm holding the baby in the back in the photo, I didn't want him to get scared with the flash )

Attachments

• IMG_2498.JPG
    IMG_2498.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 126

AKL2003

I would not put this as my number one thing, but it plays to the decline of the people and the culture that boils over into ruining the experience. Tonight I was on BTMR and as we were being seated someone three cars up finished her sprite and threw the empty bottle onto the loading platform. This was an "adult;" her children will certainly end up being well behaved gems. It is one of those things you have to see to actually believe. It's the aforementioned entitlement attitude that the park and CMs are there for them and yes, they are the center of attention.
This drives me CRAZY!! I picked up at least 25 cups and bottles off the ground over the course of my 10 day trip last year and placed them in trash cans...its become somewhat of a family joke but still gets me thoroughly aggrivated as most of the trash cans were no more than 10 feet from where the discarded cups were....

jaklgreen

This drives me CRAZY!! I picked up at least 25 cups and bottles off the ground over the course of my 10 day trip last year and placed them in trash cans...its become somewhat of a family joke but still gets me thoroughly aggrivated as most of the trash cans were no more than 10 feet from where the discarded cups were....

I don't understand this litter mentality, especially at WDW since there are garbage cans every few feet. The fact that someone can just throw their trash on the ground without it even registering a little bit in their brain that it is wrong is unbelievable to me, but I guess that I was raised better. I bet these are the same people who complain how dirty the park is getting. Sheesh.

Driver

Some people are real slobs! Do you do this at home? They encourage CM's to pick up as we walk ( no bio materials) but still how can anyone NOT notice the park is clean. What are they thinking? I don't get it , but maybe it's because we love the parks so much. How else can you explain the fact that we belong to this forum. LOL

newhorizons1

This may have already been mentioned, but I really hate it when people loudly recite the ride spiel, especially in the preshow. More than just for my own personal preference it irks me for all of the people that this may be their first time on that attraction and now have to listen to someone else who did a really hard thing and memorized three lines of dialogue to say along with a recording.

Incomudro

There's a difference between a natural scream, when one gets caught up in the moment or caught off guard - usually coupled with giggles etc., and a deliberate fake scream just to be annoying.

Incomudro

Uhh, nope, I disagree vehemently, as a father who has taken his son weekly for 10 years, I love hearing everyone recite the shpeal, (my boy felt so cool the first time he could say the whole thing)...it's like going to a concert and singing along, who doesn't? Sorry sour path kids, it's a thrill ride, not a library.

No.
It's like going to a movie that others have seen before, and having people recite the dialog.
I know most of the spiel's quite well.
I would never say them out loud.
Other people deserve to hear them as they were recorded.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
No.
It's like going to a movie that others have seen before, and having people recite the dialog.
I know most of the spiel's quite well.
I would never say them out loud.
Other people deserve to hear them as they were recorded.
We're not paying to go see The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I blame that movie for the general breakdown in polite society.

Manchese

Last weekend I was on my first night Kilamanjaro Safari. DW and I were excited and looking forward to a quieter relaxing experience. Enter the 5 year old girl sitting behind us. Crying, whining, "I hate when we don't go fast, why are we going so slow" ok, maybe the first time it was mildy funny, but the whole time, would not stop complaining.
Even though we saw the 3 Lions (which was really cool at night) it was a disappointment to endure the cacophony unfolding behind us.
Anyone else have another guest do something during a ride/show that you couldn't just shake off in the moment?
End of ride photo area, tall guy taking an unnecessary amount of screen shots, totally blocking the booth where I need to touch my magic band to the mickey head and watching the seconds count down to losing the slot

KimAnnFran

This is so nasty and gross but funny at the same time! Lol I still have fond memories.of riding it in '89 and the early to mid 1990s.

Ugh. Bad B.O. that smells like cooked bacon or onions or garlic is super disgusting lol Or in this case - refried beans! Hahaha Well now I will never be able to hear the song without thinking about refried beans!

He had another song for Figment, not really polite or good for work, started, "two tiny beans..."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom