When another Guest ruins an experience/attraction for you

graphite1326

kids will be kids and no matter how good the parent they will show you up a few times. thing that gets me is fully grown men not giving up there seat on a crammed coach to small children or mums with small children. always give mine up and they seem shocked, maybe its a British culture thing.
More than a couple of times my youngest son fell asleep in my arms. He was 6 years old and kind of heavy. I got on the bus for the trip back to the hotel and had to stand the entire way. Not once but maybe three times this happened.

ninjaprincesst

I don't think it's a British thing. My hubby always stands to give someone else his seat. It is a gentleman thing.
At Disney its not so cut and dry , why should someone who got to the bus stop and waited 20 minutes for the bus give up their seat for someone who come running up at the last second? And holding kids , its their own fault should not have kept them out so long or wake them up, no way i would have held a 6 year old I would have woke her up and told her to stand, sorry but I think the only people you should give up seats to are the elderly or handicap, they can;t help being elderly or handicap, people can help running up at the the last second with a sleeping kid.

Princess B

At Disney its not so cut and dry , why should someone who got to the bus stop and waited 20 minutes for the bus give up their seat for someone who come running up at the last second? And holding kids , its their own fault should not have kept them out so long or wake them up, no way i would have held a 6 year old I would have woke her up and told her to stand, sorry but I think the only people you should give up seats to are the elderly or handicap, they can;t help being elderly or handicap, people can help running up at the the last second with a sleeping kid.
But also... children can't help that their parents kept them out past their capacity to stay awake. I definitely see both sides to this, but just to add my thoughts to yours, a child can't help being a tired child, either. More on the topic of pet peeves at Disney since we're talking about buses... I once had a mom sit down next to me with her (easily) 5- or 6-year-old son and he wasn't asleep, just obviously drowsy... well his legs were so long that they hung over both sides of her lap (I guess she'd never heard of sitting him straight?) and one of his feet was actually shoved pretty firmly into my thigh. I looked at the mom and gave her a look of "ummm hello?" but she didn't readjust her son. People need to understand that I don't care how cute you think your child is, you need to realize that there are other people out there besides your child, and you can't just let your child do whatever they want!

Driver

But also... children can't help that their parents kept them out past their capacity to stay awake. I definitely see both sides to this, but just to add my thoughts to yours, a child can't help being a tired child, either. More on the topic of pet peeves at Disney since we're talking about buses... I once had a mom sit down next to me with her (easily) 5- or 6-year-old son and he wasn't asleep, just obviously drowsy... well his legs were so long that they hung over both sides of her lap (I guess she'd never heard of sitting him straight?) and one of his feet was actually shoved pretty firmly into my thigh. I looked at the mom and gave her a look of "ummm hello?" but she didn't readjust her son. People need to understand that I don't care how cute you think your child is, you need to realize that there are other people out there besides your child, and you can't just let your child do whatever they want!
People do this all the time, I am a closer, I see this pattern everyday. And the bottom line folks just try to wring out every minute out of everyday to get the most for their money and out of the vacation. I don't think they get up in the morning with a plan to stay out till their knuckles drag it just happens. But I have seen a lot of courtesy on the bus and I've seen it go the other way as well. Human nature? Back when I was a guest I had my share of late nights knowing this is going to end and I have to go home to work again. The time goes by in a flash.

jaklgreen

So my husband can't be a good person and give up a seat for someone else because you don't want to? I don't get your argument. He does it because he can. He is capable of doing so physically and it does not sit well with him to be sitting while there are woman/children/older people that have to stand. You see it as "it's their own fault", he sees it as it being a decent thing to do. I see it as him being an amazing gentleman. He is also very solicitous towards our kids and me. He makes sure that we all have our food before he eats, he opens doors for us, he carries the heavy stuff, etc. I have been around enough of the public to know this is rare. At my job I see families come in and as we are cafeteria style, the husband will grab his drink cup and leave the wife with the tray of food and the kids to deal with while he takes care of himself.

graphite1326

Really? This is your argument.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom