When another Guest ruins an experience/attraction for you

SourcererMark79

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Last weekend I was on my first night Kilamanjaro Safari. DW and I were excited and looking forward to a quieter relaxing experience. Enter the 5 year old girl sitting behind us. Crying, whining, "I hate when we don't go fast, why are we going so slow" ok, maybe the first time it was mildy funny, but the whole time, would not stop complaining.
Even though we saw the 3 Lions (which was really cool at night) it was a disappointment to endure the cacophony unfolding behind us.
Anyone else have another guest do something during a ride/show that you couldn't just shake off in the moment?

allgiggles

Last weekend I was on my first night Kilamanjaro Safari. DW and I were excited and looking forward to a quieter relaxing experience. Enter the 5 year old girl sitting behind us. Crying, whining, "I hate when we don't go fast, why are we going so slow" ok, maybe the first time it was mildy funny, but the whole time, would not stop complaining.
Even though we saw the 3 Lions (which was really cool at night) it was a disappointment to endure the cacophony unfolding behind us.
Anyone else have another guest do something during a ride/show that you couldn't just shake off in the moment?

Last year we were at the Finding Nemo show at AK. We ended up sitting in the upper section and I was right next to a mom and her two young children. The little girl was probably about 7 or 8 months old and the boy was about 3. It was obvious from the minute we sat down that neither one of those children had any interest in being in that theater. The baby cried a lot and just generally made some type of unhappy noise throughout the entire show. The little boy kept asking to leave. Mom kept trying to get him interested in the show, but he was having none of it. He would lay down on the bench and kick his feet -- many of those kicks were hitting me. Then his mom tried to give him some snacks (I think it was Cheerios) and those ended up on me and the floor. The little boy just kept saying, "Can we please leave? I don't want to be here." I know kids don't always cooperate (I have 5 of them) and I know it would be challenging to have 2 young children like that at show with no other adult help. At one point I tried to talk to the little boy because mom was trying to calm the baby and mom told me not to talk to her child. Fine, the next time he laid on the bench and kicked me I put my daughter's backpack between him and me and just pushed him towards his mother. Keep in mind, the show is going on this whole time. The people (an older couple) sitting in front of this mom kept turning around and giving her the evil eye. Then the little boy sat on the bench and stretched his legs out to kick the people in front of him. At that point, the man turned around and said, "Would you like to take your kids outside? I'll move aside and help you step over our bench." (we were in the second row) She told him he was being rude. He told her that it was rude for her to let her kids cry and kick other people and that no one in our area could enjoy the show because her kids were such a distraction. She got all huffy saying people don't know what it's like to have kids, blah, blah, blah (meanwhile, my 5 kids are sitting right beside me. Granted, my kids are tweens and older, but they were all infants and toddlers at one time) and stomped out of the theater. Unfortunately, by that time there was only about 2 minutes left in the show.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Last year we were at the Finding Nemo show at AK. We ended up sitting in the upper section and I was right next to a mom and her two young children. The little girl was probably about 7 or 8 months old and the boy was about 3. It was obvious from the minute we sat down that neither one of those children had any interest in being in that theater. The baby cried a lot and just generally made some type of unhappy noise throughout the entire show. The little boy kept asking to leave. Mom kept trying to get him interested in the show, but he was having none of it. He would lay down on the bench and kick his feet -- many of those kicks were hitting me. Then his mom tried to give him some snacks (I think it was Cheerios) and those ended up on me and the floor. The little boy just kept saying, "Can we please leave? I don't want to be here." I know kids don't always cooperate (I have 5 of them) and I know it would be challenging to have 2 young children like that at show with no other adult help. At one point I tried to talk to the little boy because mom was trying to calm the baby and mom told me not to talk to her child. Fine, the next time he laid on the bench and kicked me I put my daughter's backpack between him and me and just pushed him towards his mother. Keep in mind, the show is going on this whole time. The people (an older couple) sitting in front of this mom kept turning around and giving her the evil eye. Then the little boy sat on the bench and stretched his legs out to kick the people in front of him. At that point, the man turned around and said, "Would you like to take your kids outside? I'll move aside and help you step over our bench." (we were in the second row) She told him he was being rude. He told her that it was rude for her to let her kids cry and kick other people and that no one in our area could enjoy the show because her kids were such a distraction. She got all huffy saying people don't know what it's like to have kids, blah, blah, blah (meanwhile, my 5 kids are sitting right beside me. Granted, my kids are tweens and older, but they were all infants and toddlers at one time) and stomped out of the theater. Unfortunately, by that time there was only about 2 minutes left in the show.
And I thought people taking flash pictures on dark rides were rude...

Amidala

This kind of thing happens so much more than it should...Forcing a kid to endure a show when they clearly want OUT is just going to make your family and everyone around you miserable. I know it's unfortunate to have to leave the theater early, especially if it's a show or attraction you wanted to experience, but this is what you signed up for when you go to WDW with very young children.

Went into PhilharMagic to wind down after hitting up so much of MK in the blazing heat, and had a similar situation go down. A little girl was screaming and crying that she didn't like the dark/she was tired/she wanted to go eat but the parents refused to take her out of the theater. Instead, the kid was miserable the whole time and no one in the theater could hear a word of the show.

It must be doubly uncomfortable having this experience at a live show, where the CM's performance is disrupted.

NearTheEars

Yes, and I made a thread about it a couple of years ago. My wife and I still talk about the incident.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/awful-guest-behavior.901481/

We decided to brave the crowds last night to enjoy the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom on the Fourth. We just paced ourself, endured the rain, and loved the show.

But after ...

We walked over to ride the Haunted Mansion, our favorite, and after the stretching room one fellow would not stop pushing us around the area where it funnels before you make the U-turn before boarding.

My wife mentioned something to the cast member as we boarded.

Right as we got to the clock scene the ride stopped. It remained stopped for about 15 minutes. In that time the same fellow screamed, yelled he was "going to get a free meal out of this," that he was going to "sue the company" and several other things in between more screams.

Soon he began standing up in the doombuggy and began yelling to the rest of his party. Then all of a sudden he jumped out and ran down the hall screaming again. And ran back and jumped in.

I looked at my wife and said, welp, they probably saw that.

A few minutes later a CM with a flashlight came by and asked him if he saw anyone leave their ride vehicle and repeatedly said that everyone was to remain seated. She then came over to us and we told her what had happened and she said she knew and that her coordinator had been alerted.

Thankfully the ride eventually started moving again.

And upon exit a couple of CMs and and couple of security guards were waiting for the gentlemen.

What a terrible experience.

I feel bad if there were any first timers on the ride.

But I'm glad the CMs handled him eventually.

Sonconato

When we were at the Festival of the Lion King, a woman sitting next to my husband was vaping and when my husband said it wasn't allowed, she kept arguing with him. She said that it wasn't smoking, and when he called a cast member over, she made sure to stop. As soon as the cast member left, however, she would start up again. When the show started, she luckily stopped.

John park hopper

Went on it's a Small World and unfortunately we were in the rear of the boat and there was a guy in the front who had not used deodorant or showered. The smell was over powering; could not wait for it to end. My young boys at the time kept saying what's that smell. I don't think the guy got the message as he spoke a foreign language. Redid its a Small World later in the day much better

graphite1326

I was at a show. It was a while ago and can't remember which one. The lady behind me was commenting on how wonderful every scene was and also more or less giving a play by play. It was nice she was enjoying it but I just saw it and can see what happened. I didn't do anything or even turn around but it was very annoying.

SourcererMark79

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The only thing that annoys me are self-righteous people that only think of themselves and can not put away their electronic devices in dark rides. I know every time there will be one idiot so I got good ignoring these clowns do not allow it to ruin the ride.
Yeah, I'm at that point as well, after all, you are at WDW. On Mermaid once, there were at least 4 or 5 taking flash photos. Ariel looked like Disco Yeti, I forgot what attraction I was on...

KBLovedDisney

This past May trip, we were on our first ride on Frozen. There was a group of people behind us who decided to then have a discussion about something...they talked through the entire ride. Not joking. I was so upset, but luckily we got to ride it again without a FP after we ate supper. The line was very short for some reason (I guess due to the rain).

Incomudro

That's the fault of the parents of that little girl.

ChristyKay

I rode Kilamanjaro Safari a few days ago and there was a family a few rows in front of us that had a couple young children. The youngest girl was only 2 or 3 and the mom kept letting her stand up on her lap. The first time the driver said "the girl can sit in your lap but she has to be sitting" and at first the mom didn't realize it was her and the driver kept having to say it and using descriptions of them until they got the hint. Meanwhile, we're at a standstill because the truck can't be moving with her standing. This happened several more times. The mom would let the girl stand up when we stopped to look at animals, even though the driver made it pretty clear she couldn't be standing at all. But then we couldn't move until she sat back down. I give the driver props for being so polite though, I would have lost my patience after the first couple of times :arghh:

Incomudro

People talking during the pre shows drives me nuts.
It's become rampant at HM, ToT, Dinosaur...
Shut up!
I don't care if I've seen the pre show 20 times - I still want to enjoy it - and it is likely to be many other guests first time witnessing the pre show.
Too much blabbering and illuminated cel phones on Pirates and similar shared vehicles like Splash as well. :banghead:
It's great to ride in an off time when just the family has the entire vehicle.

SSH

omg yes...Soarin' - I love this ride and usually only get one shot at it with a FP, since our trips are so short. There were 5 teenage girls sitting in our row who SCREAMED at the top of their lungs every time we soared over a hill, a mountain, a tree...a building, a bird...a dot on the screen...you get the idea.

I hate when people act as if Soarin' is a high speed roller coaster. Oohs, ahs, a loud cheer or applause on something particularly thrilling - fine. Screaming at the top of your lungs at every single thing in the film is totally obnoxious and really killed the immersive experience for everyone who sat near them.

Okay...I feel better now.:hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom