When another Guest ruins an experience/attraction for you

Chef Mickey

Simple. No talking and no flash pictures during shows, pre-shows, attractions, and any line. Oh also, you know how you think you're being discreet with your phone on "super low" brightness during HOP or American Adventure? You're not. We can still see it and it's annoying.

Of course you can scream on thrill rides at appropriate times, but you're literally ruining for the people around you when you're constantly talking and lighting up the room with a flash and your phone.

Take a page from Japanese culture. No one should notice you as you are not the center of attention.

Psalpha2016

On several attractions I've had people shove me out of the way to "Catch up" with the one member of their party who was actually waiting in line. I seem to remember that the paper tickets from the 80's had legalese stating that this behavior would get people ejected from the park.

crxbrett

The only people who say that are the ones who are too lazy to parent properly. We are the same as you. We made sure that our kids were not bothering anyone else. Mine are teens now too and are growing up to be considerate, polite members of society. Keep up the good parenting.

Exactly. Bad kids are only bad because of bad parents. Sadly, most (not all) of those kids will end up being bad parents themselves when they grow up, too.

-

KimAnnFran

No deoderant from passengers on "Universe of Energy," back when the song was, It's the Universe of Energy, before Ellen.... My dad made up the words, "It's the universe of refried beans," because he said it smelled like it.

Nonetheless, it was a bit smelly, especially when the cars moved and the air blew.

Small kids in Alien Encounter, screaming as tho being murdered, after parents SAW A WARNING about it..... (duh)

Idiot in front of me stands up in boat on Splash Mountain, ride stops, delayed.

KimAnnFran

omg yes...Soarin' - I love this ride and usually only get one shot at it with a FP, since our trips are so short. There were 5 teenage girls sitting in our row who SCREAMED at the top of their lungs every time we soared over a hill, a mountain, a tree...a building, a bird...a dot on the screen...you get the idea.

I hate when people act as if Soarin' is a high speed roller coaster. Oohs, ahs, a loud cheer or applause on something particularly thrilling - fine. Screaming at the top of your lungs at every single thing in the film is totally obnoxious and really killed the immersive experience for everyone who sat near them.

Okay...I feel better now.:hilarious:

I love and miss Soarin', I'd feel better now if I could see it again!

Smiley/OCD

Not everyone reacts the same way to seeing something spectacular. You can't possibly expect children to not blurt out things like "Mommy look!! It's Olaf!!" or other things. That's how children express joy....laughter and screaming. I personally love watching the amazement on the kids faces as they seem something that amazing.

It's an outdoor fireworks show with thousands of people crammed together. To expect people to "just watch something without commenting throughout the entire experience" is just setting yourself up for disappointment. It's not movie theater.

Maybe Disney should crank up the volume. Write an email to Customer Service and suggest it. You may not be the only person who feels the volume is too low.
I've got an idea....why can't the simulcast the show on MDE...just plug in your ear buds on your phone, and let the brats be brats...(I was talking about the parents, not the kids) lol

Smiley/OCD

I'll never understand why people do that :eek: Last trip, my sister & I rode Splash in the front row- a group of teenage boys sitting behind us did the same thing (I don't think they were from this country, but still no excuse!)
That's why every once in a while the rest of the world needs to experience a little "Jersey" attitude...and if that doesn't work, there's always the whoop a**...

Smiley/OCD

I can't say I'm proud of this now that I'm 30 :D, but during the trip we took when I was 13 it was my family's first time at Animal Kingdom- the woman walking behind us into the theater for It's Tough to Be a Bug was huffing and puffing behind us that we were walking too slow (while we were literally just keeping up with the crowd) Anyway, she pushed past us with her two kids and ended up one row in front of us- she stood up to wave someone over, and as she stood I put my chewed up gum on her seat:rolleyes: After the show, I was satisfied to see it on the back of her shorts. Again, not proud of it but hey, that's what she deserved for being pushy & rude IMO :)
EXACTLY....a little "Jersey" attitude!

Surfin' Tuna

I would not put this as my number one thing, but it plays to the decline of the people and the culture that boils over into ruining the experience. Tonight I was on BTMR and as we were being seated someone three cars up finished her sprite and threw the empty bottle onto the loading platform. This was an "adult;" her children will certainly end up being well behaved gems. It is one of those things you have to see to actually believe. It's the aforementioned entitlement attitude that the park and CMs are there for them and yes, they are the center of attention.

crxbrett

No deoderant from passengers on "Universe of Energy," back when the song was, It's the Universe of Energy, before Ellen.... My dad made up the words, "It's the universe of refried beans," because he said it smelled like it.

Nonetheless, it was a bit smelly, especially when the cars moved and the air blew.

This is so nasty and gross but funny at the same time! Lol I still have fond memories.of riding it in '89 and the early to mid 1990s.

Ugh. Bad B.O. that smells like cooked bacon or onions or garlic is super disgusting lol Or in this case - refried beans! Hahaha Well now I will never be able to hear the song without thinking about refried beans!

graphite1326

I cringe when I see someone dipping their hands into Splash Mtn or Pirates or IASW. I don't think people realize how heavy those boats actually weigh when fully loaded. We're talking half a ton or even 3/4 of a ton on a Splash Mtn log and probably close to 2 full tons on a fully loaded Pirates boat. Someone could lose an arm or hand probably. The worst part is I've seen parents just look on as their kids do it like nothing is dangerous. SMH

Common sense seems to get thrown right out of the window at Disney parks apparently.

-
I went on the KTTK tour. We were taken back stage near Splash. The CM talked about all the chemical in the water. Seems to me she said something about hats disintegrating from the chemicals. It was a while ago. Maybe someone here has taken the tour recently and could confirm.

crxbrett

I went on the KTTK tour. We were taken back stage near Splash. The CM talked about all the chemical in the water. Seems to me she said something about hats disintegrating from the chemicals. It was a while ago. Maybe someone here has taken the tour recently and could confirm.

I assume it's super chlorinated and/or shock treated. You can smell the chlorine/shock smell when you are on the ride or waiting in line. But the water itself isn't any less safe than swimming in a public pool, which is purposely super chlorinated and shocked to counteract all the urine from kids and people who don't choose to use the restroom. Prolonged exposure for hours and hours would irritate the skin or eyes, but just getting splashed or soaked won't hurt at all. No more than going in the pool at the hotel that day.

wyattspoppa

It annoys me when people say aloud the ghost host narration in the stretching room at the haunted mansion. Also the pushing and shoving when entering the room to get to to buggy.
Uhh, nope, I disagree vehemently, as a father who has taken his son weekly for 10 years, I love hearing everyone recite the shpeal, (my boy felt so cool the first time he could say the whole thing)...it's like going to a concert and singing along, who doesn't? Sorry sour path kids, it's a thrill ride, not a library.

KraftServices

My most irritating experience was on Pirates of the Caribbean. It was when 7dmt was new and everyone rushed to ride it at rope drop. We decided not to follow the herd, and headed to a deserted Adventure land, and to one of our favorite rides, POC.
We were the first ones to ride and got into the boat. They held the boat for a family of 3, mom, dad, and appx 6 or 7 y/o son. Well,we started out with the mom talking on her cell phone. I thought, fine, she will put it away soon. Wrong!!!! She continued to talk through the entire ride!!!! She was discussing insurance with whomever she was speaking too for the Entire Ride. Meanwhile, the little boy was screetching (SP) yep, loud squeaky nails on the chalk board type of screaming for the entire time too. No One paid him any attention. Dad just sat there and stared ahead, mom continues to talk about insurance, and the kids continues to scream for the entire ride. We were so disappointed, after being elated at being the first to ride. We rode the ride another time and it was fine, but I was a bit PO'd at the crazy family. I did give her the evil eye, and the dad, but they ignored it. I was half afraid to say anything, because they probably would have throw me overboard. Grrrrrr.......................still makes me mad to this day. Why ride the ride if you are going to talk, zone out, or scream while ignoring the ride and each other?

How on earth do people get good enough cell reception in these rides anyway? My phone gets one bar when I'm above ground next to a window.

Aside from all the flash photographers, I know I've had some rides ruined by somebody who feels the need to prove they have the whole thing memorized by saying the whole script half a second before the ride does. Well I guess ruined is a strong word, but it IS annoying.

graphite1326

What ruins rides and shows for me is when the person in front of you holds up an iPad or some other tablet and records/blocks your view, so I just drop a few " f bombs" on their video and ruin theirs like they do mine.
I want to say to these people; Can I give you my email address so you can send me a copy of the show since I couldn't see it through your tablet?

I have said; Great I paid a lot of money just so I can watch the fireworks through this guys tablet..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom