What do you miss from the old Disney parks???

brb1006

scan0013.jpg

KBLovedDisney

I miss when PoC was just PoC without Jack Sparrow...No offense to the franchise, but I liked the classic-ness of the original ride there in WDW. It had its own niche I should say.

Also, I miss Spaceship Earth, the Jeremy Iron's version and Journey Into Imagination with Dreamfinder. I loved everything about those, the music, the AAs, etc.

But mostly, I miss Horizons. That was a glorious ride. It had all of the feels of Epcot in that one ride IMO. :(

po1998

I miss...

- Paper FP
- Previous version of CBJ
- Main St. Penny Arcade, Cinema & Magic Shop
- Puffs of air in PoTC when cannons would go off(is this effect still around and I've just missed it?)
- Original JII
- "no-expire" passes
- WDW resorts at reasonable prices
- Show and lunch at the Diamond Horseshoe
- Original SSE descent
- Osborne Lights :(
- Backlot Tour including Streets of America
- Hunchback of Notre Dame show
- When I could walk on to two of my favorite rides(HM and PoTC) almost any time of the year, before FP+ took care of that.
- Animation Academy

Goofyernmost

The only thing that I miss because it affects my manner of planning and timing of return visits is the non-expiring admission ticket. I can no longer get a break on the cost of admission because almost all of my visits are of the two, three or four day variety. Being able to buy a 10 day and use it over whatever time it took, was the incentive to go. As long as I had those unused admissions in my possession I could easily head on down there for a few days with no additional expense. No more. Everything else, like certain attractions are missed, but, not a deal breaker. I understand that thing that don't change die on the vine.

Goofyernmost

I can't believe this thread went 2 years before someone mentioned Captain EO. I remember seeing 3D in 1987 thinking it was the coolest thing. I was 8 and would reach out into the air to grab stuff and my mom would laugh!
Probably because the number of people that miss that disaster, are very limited. It was awful when it opened and remained so until it was retired. It was only brought back as a cash grab after Michael died. Just on principle I wouldn't have gone back to see it because of that. It was out and out exploitation of a tragic happening.

KBLovedDisney

I miss when PoC was just PoC without Jack Sparrow...No offense to the franchise, but I liked the classic-ness of the original ride there in WDW. It had its own niche I should say.

Also, I miss Spaceship Earth, the Jeremy Iron's version and Journey Into Imagination with Dreamfinder. I loved everything about those, the music, the AAs, etc.

But mostly, I miss Horizons. That was a glorious ride. It had all of the feels of Epcot in that one ride IMO. :(
Just realized I already posted in this forum...oops.:oops:

Jedi Stitch

Miss driving up and parking right up front in DLR. I miss the old Picnic area left of main gate at DLR. I miss my friend Mike and all the shenanigans in DLR. I miss taking a million 35MM pictures and not knowing what you had untill you developed them, kinda left a last mystery and a chance to relive the fun a month later.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Probably because the number of people that miss that disaster, are very limited. It was awful when it opened and remained so until it was retired. It was only brought back as a cash grab after Michael died. Just on principle I wouldn't have gone back to see it because of that. It was out and out exploitation of a tragic happening.
Well I doubt it would have the same effect on me now. Just saying as a kid it was cool. I certainly agree with your last point.

Goofyernmost

Well I doubt it would have the same effect on me now. Just saying as a kid it was cool. I certainly agree with your last point.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were wrong to like it, as a kid or adult. It was just that I didn't for many reasons, but, one of the biggest might have been the crotch grabbing in a show that was allegedly kid friendly. I was a 38 year old Father of two young girls when we saw it, and call me a prude if you like, but, I found that offensive and totally unexpected in a Disney production. I felt that "shrinking the audience" was a vast improvement over that. The last incarnation, that I have already explained, of the return of EO, speaks for itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom