What do you miss from the old Disney parks???

brb1006

I really miss the truly slow park days. I remember going to the parks back in the early 90s in the middle of the week during offseason, and it was almost as if you had the park to yourself, relative to how it is today. Now, those days don't really exist.

I also miss how random the character meet and greets used to be. I've never been much on standing in line to have my picture taken, but I just enjoy seeing them.
Remember when wandering characters we're a thing back in WDW? Characters used to spend more time with guests back in the 80's and 90's. I remember seeing a video of Dale playing with a small child which was recorded in the early 90's. I don't know if that video is still up but it was so cute.

POLY LOVER

image.jpg

The diamond horseshoe review in wdw mk

A W Reezy

Talking Trash Can was awesome. I also miss Jeremy Irons version of Spaceship Earth. I feel like Disney went the cheap way out by not replacing the animatronics at the end of SSE. The "build your future" gets stale after a while. Still love the ride though, it'll always be my favorite.

Simba's Mom

Remember when wandering characters we're a thing back in WDW? Characters used to spend more time with guests back in the 80's and 90's. I remember seeing a video of Dale playing with a small child which was recorded in the early 90's. I don't know if that video is still up but it was so cute.

I remember that. That's the way it was on our first visit in 1987. Our son had no concept of "Wait your turn" and rushed into more photos of characters with other kids. Unfortunately, Matt was the type of kid other parents probably got upset with. Come to think of it, maybe that's why they have character handlers and a very organized system now. But oh, heck-I loved that we could see characters anytime/anyplace. I remember one time, fortunately I was probably the only one in position to see it, where Goofy was out in Town Square visiting people. Well, out steps umm-a Goofy "pretender?" from backstage, took 2 steps, saw another Goofy already there and very quickly stepped back out of sight.

ElvisMickey

This thread is bringing back some very beautiful memories.

I miss the old Chef Mickey's at the Disney Village, when it wasn't a big circus. And I will always long for the Fiesta Fun Center, which was the best way to spend arrival day when I was a kid. At least I still have the electrical water pageant.

I spent a ton of time at the Fiesta Fun Center as a kid. I like going to The Wave for breakfast and thinking about how I used to be playing air hockey, video games, etc. where I am now sitting in a fancy restaurant lol.

21stamps

What attractions, shows, food, etc. do you miss from going to the parks when you were younger?

I miss a lot, for example I miss Mr. Toads Wild Ride and getting Disney dollars to spend at the parks. Anyone remember those? Lol
Mr Toads!!! And the Skyway.

KBLovedDisney

Horizons, the 90s version of Epcot (Jeremy Irons version of Spaceship Earth, Journey Into Imagination with the Dreamfinder, World of Motion, the original Universe of Energy, Wonders Pavilion)...pretty much when Epcot felt like Epcot.

made myself sad :(

rkleinlein

Just letting the day unfold naturally and spontaneously instead of adhering to the regiment of carefully planned dining and attraction reservations. (And before anybody says that you can still do this I say yeah, but only if you don't mind waiting in long lines and not being able to get a table at table service restaurants---which, of course, people do mind.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom