What do you miss from the old Disney parks???

nani625

The pulling of the sword from the stone behind the castle... (Merlin!)

Wonders of Life pavilion.

River Country.

When annual passholders had more benefits than they do now...

The Skyway.

Pleasure Island!

Good candy from the Confectionery.

When turkey legs were not expensive.

LaughingGravy

No partners statue, no permanent set pieces at the stage area in front of the castle, The Walt Disney Story with the character mural and lobby on Main St when you first walk in with memorabilia including the special 7 dwarfs Oscar and famous letters.
2by69x.jpg

sd nana

I miss IF WE HAD WINGS the ride in tomorrowland and the Horse drawn ride down main street and the two level buses at Epcot that you could ride around the worlds. I miss a lot of things but we talk about these more than others. I agree the foods is getting worst over the years.

invader

No partners statue, no permanent set pieces at the stage area in front of the castle, The Walt Disney Story with the character mural and lobby on Main St when you first walk in with memorabilia including the special 7 dwarfs Oscar and famous letters.
2by69x.jpg
Holy crap

Walt Disney1955

I miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride from there. I was so excited to finally ride it at Disneyland a couple of years back. I don't think I rode it since 1997 at WDW. I actually rode it 4 times that trip at Disneyland. I kept telling my wife about Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and how we couldn't miss it. Sentimentally I always loved that. I still miss it there.

Tinkerbella16

I miss when going in the Fall (Nov) meant LOW crowds.. now it is just getting more crowded each year.

World of Motion - although I love Test Track (unlike Mission Space replacing Horizons)

Walking up to any restaurant on a whim without ADR's! Whatever we were in the mood for, we would eat... No 180 day in advance reservations.

Ulysses McGill

I really miss the truly slow park days. I remember going to the parks back in the early 90s in the middle of the week during offseason, and it was almost as if you had the park to yourself, relative to how it is today. Now, those days don't really exist.

I also miss how random the character meet and greets used to be. I've never been much on standing in line to have my picture taken, but I just enjoy seeing them.

BrerWayne

2by69x.jpg
2by69x.jpg
Those pictures are amazing! Forgot that it even looked like that. What year is that from?

BrerWayne

I miss being able to go in early November. MK closed at 7 pm but it did not matter because you just walked on to all of the rides. I miss being spontaneous, deciding what I wanted to eat for lunch when I was hungry and not six months prior. I miss Superstar Television at the MGM Studios. I miss smelling oranges during the Horizons ride. I miss being able to spend a couple of hours in the Imagination Pavilion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom