What did you do?

scorp111

Hello again!
I have been pretty far off the running bandwagon all year, despite doing two half marathons in April. I came down with bronchitis after the 2nd one, and it took a full 6 weeks to run its course. So now my lungs are back at square one it seems. Frustrating for sure.
Anyways, did 8 miles yesterday morning, and 4 this morning, and planning to really find a way to stick with it again. Planning to do Ragnar Relay (Chattanooga to Nashville) in November, as well as the Space Coast Half Marathon in Cocoa, FL Thanksgiving weekend, and I want to be ready for both!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Took Sat and today off. Tomorrow I start my back to back 30 milers for 5 consecutive days.

Now: kicking back a Stone Ruination IPA and converting my cargo bike's shifter to a suicide shifter. Logical? No way. Dangerous? You bet your sweet a-- it is. Enjoy this beautiful weather!

Run hard folks.

Witchy Chick

Did my 3-min run, 1-min walk routine last night on the TM, but only for 25 minutes. :( Top of my right foot was really achy; had a side stitch too. Anyway, I did something -- so I don't feel like a total slug. haha

I felt pretty good towards the ends of each 3-min run, so I think I'm going to increase to 4 mins this week. If I can get some running time scheduled this week. I'm in a class for work. Commute from home to class (not near work) is going to be ~ 2 hours each way. I likely will not be getting home 'til 6:30 pm or later. I might be a little whooped this week. :-|

Witchy

Ariel484

Hey thanks!

I learn visually. So yes, great idea about youtube. Ill do that this weekend. I sat back and watched some other swimmers run a few laps. I know the motion and the form, it is just having that confidence to trust your mouth being 1 inch above water/ side ways to take a deep breath. Im not "loose" in the water yet. Im still tense. Ill get there. Great suggestions. Ill check out that site too.

Off to work in the yard.

No problem! I hope it helps. If you want to see people make it look SUPER easy, I'm pretty sure the Olympic Swimming Trials start tonight.

3 miles of speedwork for me this morning...prepping for a local 5-mile race the morning of July 4th. :)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I woke up this morning thinking that I was going to go for my usual Monday run.... wrong. After a weekend of playing hard, I cant move this morning. I knew it was going to be bad when I was already sore last night (the same day).

Installed 4 new sprinkler heads and dug a few trenches for them in Alabama red clay. With all the squatting and digging, Im not sure what would be worse; this or a mack truck running over me.

Back to normal programming tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I woke up this morning thinking that I was going to go for my usual Monday run.... wrong. After a weekend of playing hard, I cant move this morning. I knew it was going to be bad when I was already sore last night (the same day).

Installed 4 new sprinkler heads and dug a few trenches for them in Alabama red clay. With all the squatting and digging, Im not sure what would be worse; this or a mack truck running over me.

LOL sounds like how I feel after P90X legs and back!

dreamfinder

Sat was 9.25mi, negative splits, last mile well sub BQ with a friggin 1/4 mile at a 5 min/mile sprint at the tail end. Followed by a smattering of pushups, pullups, squat lunges, etc. Then off to a Jimmy Buffett tail/gate concert. Good day. Can only imagine how Nick feels after workout then beer. Sun was 7mi, then 10 minute bike. Not as long as it should have been, but time was compressed that day.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just under 30 this morning.

Got caught in an intense black sky lightening storm, where bolts were striking the beach just a few hundred yards away. Hair standing up on my arms. Waited it out for 15-20 mins in AP convention hall and sipping a double espresso.

"Everyone tells me I'm crazy, foolish, and that I push myself too hard. That only reinforces the fact that I'm doing something right." -Me

Run hard folks.

joel_maxwell

Hello again!
I have been pretty far off the running bandwagon all year, despite doing two half marathons in April. I came down with bronchitis after the 2nd one, and it took a full 6 weeks to run its course. So now my lungs are back at square one it seems. Frustrating for sure.
Anyways, did 8 miles yesterday morning, and 4 this morning, and planning to really find a way to stick with it again. Planning to do Ragnar Relay (Chattanooga to Nashville) in November, as well as the Space Coast Half Marathon in Cocoa, FL Thanksgiving weekend, and I want to be ready for both!
Hate that you have been sick. The lungs are kind of a necessity to be healthy. Hey, that run sounds like a blast. Im about to google it.
New Sneakers todays and insoles today. Can't wait to break them in tomorrow!:D
Awesome. I love new shoes.
LOL sounds like how I feel after P90X legs and back!
Steve, it is all over. My hands are locking up like arthritis from digging in the red clay, a lot of movements that Im not use to making every week. Im a train wreck today. LOL
Sat was 9.25mi, negative splits, last mile well sub BQ with a friggin 1/4 mile at a 5 min/mile sprint at the tail end. Followed by a smattering of pushups, pullups, squat lunges, etc. Then off to a Jimmy Buffett tail/gate concert. Good day. Can only imagine how Nick feels after workout then beer. Sun was 7mi, then 10 minute bike. Not as long as it should have been, but time was compressed that day.
Love the negative split. Love doing those. It takes discipline. Nice job!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Steve, it is all over. My hands are locking up like arthritis from digging in the red clay, a lot of movements that Im not use to making every week. Im a train wreck today. LOL

who needs P90x or one of the other workouts - you just need to dig in red clay for a total body workout! We should market it to Beach Body! LOL

JillC LI

8 miles this AM, 70F and 85% humidity at 0630. Totally soaked by mile 2. Feels good! Was not happy with my pace but I'm working on a new routine. I'm trying to graduate from the run/walk and did a 10:1 to simulate fluid stops. I don't run/walk my 3-milers anymore. Actually easier on the knees. Still, my pace was almost a full minute faster than the same distance a year ago. Progress!

Also tried a New Balance knee sleeve for my right knee. Knee was not a problem at all today. Very strong.

Good job. Glad the sleeve helped. They've worked for me in the past.

Yep no arguments, great conversations, nice people, and never had to moderate a thing.

That's because we're all wise enough to stay away from that inflammatory Gatorade vs. Powerade debate! ;)

I ran in 1/2 Marathon #5 for the year - The Rock 'n Sole 1/2 Marathon in Milwaukee.

My wife managed another PR 2:41:00 today. Her IT Bands were screaming by mile 10 even though we taped them heavily before the race.

Congrats to both of you. Hope she feels better.

As for me, 8 miles Saturday morning real early but it was still humid as heck. One of my fuel belt bottles fell out somewhere on the route which kinda stinks, both because I didn't have the liquid and because I no longer have the bottle. I haven't been able to find it re-doing the route. Sigh. Anyway, 4 miles on tap later today on the treadmill.

JillC LI

Did my 3-min run, 1-min walk routine last night on the TM, but only for 25 minutes. :( Top of my right foot was really achy; had a side stitch too. Anyway, I did something -- so I don't feel like a total slug. haha

I felt pretty good towards the ends of each 3-min run, so I think I'm going to increase to 4 mins this week. If I can get some running time scheduled this week. I'm in a class for work. Commute from home to class (not near work) is going to be ~ 2 hours each way. I likely will not be getting home 'til 6:30 pm or later. I might be a little whooped this week. :-|
Witchy

Definitely ramp it up to 4 minutes! For what it's worth, sometimes when you get home at the end of a long, tiring day, as much as you're not in the mood to do it when you first start, a good run can really invigorate you and make you feel better.

Just under 30 this morning.

Got caught in an intense black sky lightening storm, where bolts were striking the beach just a few hundred yards away. Hair standing up on my arms. Waited it out for 15-20 mins in AP convention hall and sipping a double espresso.

I got caught in that storm on the way to drive my kids to their first day of camp before going to work! I can't believe you were outside in THAT! It was scary! For me, I was mostly scared that my car was going to get stuck in one of the many flooded out intersections I had to crawl through.

joel_maxwell

who needs P90x or one of the other workouts - you just need to dig in red clay for a total body workout! We should market it to Beach Body! LOL
LOL... I can hear Tony "Need help, Need answers... wonder why that red clay color wont EVER come out of your clothes? Go to beachbody.com"

When the kids are a little older, Im going to dive into another 3 months of P90x. As of right now, Im not going to give up the other exercises Im doing to make time. I want to do it again though.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Not what I did, but one of my ultra-buddies (it's amazing how close knit our sub-culture is; EVERYONE knows everyone, and see each other at the same races, training routes, or know each other's names and times, even if across the country).
Anyway, he runs 6-8 hours everyday. And he's doing his long run today...112 miles, in the mountains. There's always someone "better."

joel_maxwell

Not what I did, but one of my ultra-buddies (it's amazing how close knit our sub-culture is; EVERYONE knows everyone, and see each other at the same races, training routes, or know each other's names and times, even if across the country).
Anyway, he runs 6-8 hours everyday. And he's doing his long run today...112 miles, in the mountains. There's always someone "better."
What does he do for a living? Does he have a family? There is obsession, then problem obsession.... and then this. Wow.

EDIT: Ok, there is Passion, Obsession, Debilitating Obsession and then this.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Work: not sure. He's like Kramer.
Family: i don't hink so, but has lots of ultra friends. I might have him pace/crew me at the 500mi if he doesn't do it himself (again).
Really nice guy and uplifting...he can just run forever.

Texas84

Dude, seriously, go to your local friendly hardware store and rent a trencher. You're not going to make it to ToT! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom