What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Work: not sure. He's like Kramer.
Family: i don't hink so, but has lots of ultra friends. I might have him pace/crew me at the 500mi if he doesn't do it himself (again).
Really nice guy and uplifting...he can just run forever.
I just always wonder what people like that do for a living that lets them dedicate that much time to it.
Dude, seriously, go to your local friendly hardware store and rent a trencher. You're not going to make it to ToT! :D
Naaaah, I needed to freshen up the calluses on my hands. They had gotten to soft without a major project in the last year.

dreamfinder

Not what I did, but one of my ultra-buddies (it's amazing how close knit our sub-culture is; EVERYONE knows everyone, and see each other at the same races, training routes, or know each other's names and times, even if across the country).
Anyway, he runs 6-8 hours everyday. And he's doing his long run today...112 miles, in the mountains. There's always someone "better."

I'm lucky when I can get 8 hours of sleep. How the heck does he have the time for this?

Mickey&Minnie

Did 5 miles last night before yoga and zumba classes at the gym. I am getting faster and the miles seem to come more easily. I am still much slower than most of you with a 12 minute mile but I am getting faster. :rolleyes:
Besides it doesn't matter how slow you run just that you make it across the finish line. Atleast that's what I keep telling myself.

Great job everyone on your accomplishments. You guys keep me going. That and my $150+ commitment to Disney in January.

fmingo36

Just under 30 this morning.

Got caught in an intense black sky lightening storm, where bolts were striking the beach just a few hundred yards away. Hair standing up on my arms. Waited it out for 15-20 mins in AP convention hall and sipping a double espresso.

"Everyone tells me I'm crazy, foolish, and that I push myself too hard. That only reinforces the fact that I'm doing something right." -Me

Run hard folks.

That was some crazy weather out there. I can't beleive you ran in it. Well actually i can beleive it. If someone was going to, it was going to be The Machine!

LOVE YOUR QUOTE!!!

GoofyRacer11

Yesterday I started my second month of Insanity with a workout that lasted 1 1/2 hours. I can already tell that the second month is going to be a lot harder, but I'm sure I will enjoy it anyways. Today I'm going to run 5 miles then do my Max Cardio Plyo workout. Hope everyone is doing well with their training.

Later Days!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just under 30 miles @ 8:45 pace.

101 push ups.

Registration has opened for McNaughton 500 mi. Price went up, but I'll eat it for that 500 buckle!

Run hard folks!

Texas84

2 miles this morning and straight to the bike for a 3+ mile ride. Nice morning.

Swimming tomorrow.
I like that combo. I signed up for a 5K that also has a 15-mile bike ride but they don't let you do both! I would love to do that. We need some biathlon events. Not doing a tri. I don't swim unless I have to.

101 push ups.

Registration has opened for McNaughton 500 mi. Price went up, but I'll eat it for that 500 buckle!

Run hard folks!
Yeah, my drive to WDW is only 300 miles and that wears me out! :D

Pulled an all-nighter for work Saturday night. Left at 7PM and got back at 10AM the next day. Slept 12 hours Sunday night. Did not move. Forced myself to get up at 5AM today for my 3-miler in the soup. Might have well have been swimming. Makes you feel alive!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
P90X plyo for me today.
Pain!
Yesterday I started my second month of Insanity with a workout that lasted 1 1/2 hours. I can already tell that the second month is going to be a lot harder, but I'm sure I will enjoy it anyways. Today I'm going to run 5 miles then do my Max Cardio Plyo workout. Hope everyone is doing well with their training.

Later Days!
Very Nice.

101 push ups.

Run hard folks!
Id like to see 102 tomorrow. Dont make me come up there.....
I like that combo. I signed up for a 5K that also has a 15-mile bike ride but they don't let you do both! I would love to do that. We need some biathlon events. Not doing a tri. I don't swim unless I have to.

Yeah, my drive to WDW is only 300 miles and that wears me out! :D
There is a Tri that you could do next April. Im shooting for it as well. It is run (10k), paddle (open kayaks 1.5 miles) and bike (33.5). Very excited about this one. It is the Terrapin race in Anniston area.

JillC LI

Not what I did, but one of my ultra-buddies (it's amazing how close knit our sub-culture is; EVERYONE knows everyone, and see each other at the same races, training routes, or know each other's names and times, even if across the country).
Anyway, he runs 6-8 hours everyday. And he's doing his long run today...112 miles, in the mountains. There's always someone "better."

It's good that even you have someone to look up to :)

JillC LI

Did 5 miles last night before yoga and zumba classes at the gym. I am getting faster and the miles seem to come more easily. I am still much slower than most of you with a 12 minute mile but I am getting faster. :rolleyes:
Besides it doesn't matter how slow you run just that you make it across the finish line. Atleast that's what I keep telling myself.

Great job everyone on your accomplishments. You guys keep me going. That and my $150+ commitment to Disney in January.

You SHOULD be telling yourself that because it's true!

Just out of interest, how much is entry into that?

Interest? Are you a closet ultra runner Steve? ;) (Actually, I'm curious how much they charge too.)

There is a Tri that you could do next April. Im shooting for it as well. It is run (10k), paddle (open kayaks 1.5 miles) and bike (33.5). Very excited about this one. It is the Terrapin race in Anniston area.

I never heard of a tri with paddling instead of swimming. Cool. Still not for me, but cool! :D

As for me, 4 miles on TM this morning, middle two miles at 8:55 min pace. Took a nice little walk around the plaza during lunch at work too. It is so nice and cool today. I wish it didn't have to go back up to 90 and humid later this week.

fmingo36

Got in 4.75 at a 10:10 pace in my NEW sneakers. Still have an hour of core/bike to look forward to this evening.

Not sure if I'm keeping these sneakers. First time with Brooks and I had some tingling in my toes on the right foot throughout my run; I'm guessing that's not a good thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom