What did you do?

LizaMarie89

So I tried running two days in a row for the first time this week - I'm still slow but I'm staying under my pace so that's fine with me. I put my brain to the test a bit more last night and decided to see how long I could run without stopping. I'm trying to teach myself to run more slowly (I'm a sprinter from years and years of soccer) so it's testing my patience. I did run longer, minute-wise, than I ever have so I really may be pinpointing that my problem is really mental.

3.5 on the TM tonight - if I feel good enough I'll change it to 5 and move my 3.5 run to Sunday.

JillC LI

@JillC LI - are you finding your groove finally on the new treadmill?

Thanks for asking but I don't think I will ever be happy with it. I've accepted it, and I've adjusted the settings I use to the same "feel" I had at different settings on my old one, but the company has acknowledged that it is on a permanent slight incline which I find really annoying, and I miss the hundredths position on the distance. But it suffices for an indoor workout. I definitely won't be keeping this model as long as my last one.

Last night was 35 minutes on it.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
In solidarity with those running the Princess Half today, I ran about a quarter of one ;). My Garmin said I ran 3.5 miles, Runkeeper said I ran just over 3 :confused:. And according to Runkeeper, it was my fastest 5K since I started recording my runs in it last June, so I'm pretty happy, particularly as I was able to hold a conversation with my DD on her scooter. :)

Texas84

7 miles this morning, sunny 35F, nice morning for a run. But the rest of the week had been high 50s in the morning.

20 miles for the week.T-3, W-4, Th-3, Sat-5K, Sun-7. I was 40s slower on this 5K than last year's, but last year it was about 30 degrees cooler. :)

Beautiful crescent moon Thursday morning.

LizaMarie89

Did my 3.5 this morning since I did 5 on Thursday - I have really bad asthma so the colder temperature snap made it too difficult to breathe when running so I ended up power walking most of it (still under pace!!) My big sister walked with me and it was her first time not on a TM so I was interested to see how it'd go for her. We actually ended up closer to 4 miles than 3.5

Completed my most mileage so far for my training plan this week T-3.5 W-2 R-5 S-3.5 - I'm liking getting going more!!

dreamfinder

Traveling last week, so a few assorted run on a TM, think they were about my normal 2.5ish@2i@8ish, but it didn't feel right, could have sworn the TM was off. Sat was 3.4 outside with DW and DS in the jogger, Sun was 7.82@2i, neg splits on the 1 starting at 8 finishing at 7:18. Bike today

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@dreamfinder - wow- you must be really strong to push both DW and DS in a stroller while you run :joyfull:. (Sorry, couldn't resist - I often read as if I will need to translate the sentence. Mind you, I only read as if I might have to translate, I write just like everyone else and then I get very annoyed with translators who can't understand the sentence perfectly as I've written it ;))

dreamfinder

2.5@2i@8.

@dreamfinder - wow- you must be really strong to push both DW and DS in a stroller while you run :joyfull:. (Sorry, couldn't resist - I often read as if I will need to translate the sentence. Mind you, I only read as if I might have to translate, I write just like everyone else and then I get very annoyed with translators who can't understand the sentence perfectly as I've written it ;))

It's how I get away with not doing any upper body at the gym. = p Who needs weights when you have a 2yo?

JillC LI

Traveling last week, so a few assorted run on a TM, think they were about my normal 2.5ish@2i@8ish, but it didn't feel right, could have sworn the TM was off.

Yeah, I've started logging my TM runs by amount of time (and perceived effort) rather than distance because I know my TM is off from all others I've run that the other numbers just aren't right. Did 40 minutes last night.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I think I've done enough running for the week. According to my Fitbit dashboard, I've run over 30 miles and burned more than 16,000 calories. Umm, guess this means I can have that chocolate doughnut, lol...

I might run the 4 miles scheduled Saturday.

LizaMarie89

I train in North Carolina - North Carolina is very very hilly. I've spoken to several people here who RunDisney and they all told me that Florida is far easier than here.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I train in North Carolina - North Carolina is very very hilly. I've spoken to several people here who RunDisney and they all told me that Florida is far easier than here.

You'll have no problem then with those ramps. It's us Floridians who aren't use to running up hills if we train outside. Hopefully the humidity where you live is similar - that's the killer here. And the race is late April, so it will be hotter than last year's race.

dreamfinder

2.66@2i, 1@7:40, 1.66@7:18.

Yeah, they are pretty easy inclines in the scope of things. The timing of the inclines is what might get ya. Alot of the halfs have an on ramp at like mile 11, and the full has a few nice ones at like mile 21/22.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom