WDWMAGIC launches new iPhone App edition of WDWMAGIC.COM - Available FREE from iTunes

WDWFigment

Awesome! My crumby 3GS has one heck of a time navigating the forums (even the mobile version). Hopefully the app works better for it!

Thanks, Steve!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Any chance of a Droid app???

No Android Apps are currently in development from us. This app took us a year to build, and at the moment we don't have the resources to start on another platform. We chose Apple because it has the largest user base, and happens to be the device that we use here. This may change in the future, but at the moment we are focussed on Apple.

The mobile site does work on Android, and that is available at http://mobile.wdwmagic.com

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Awesome! My crumby 3GS has one heck of a time navigating the forums (even the mobile version). Hopefully the app works better for it!

Thanks, Steve!

At the moment you won't see a huge change in the forum speed, but hopefully all the other ares of the site and the general usability will be greatly improved for you on the native WDWMAGIC iPhone App.

mickeysshoes

No Android Apps are currently in development from us. This app took us a year to build, and at the moment we don't have the resources to start on another platform. We chose Apple because it has the largest user base, and happens to be the device that we use here. This may change in the future, but at the moment we are focussed on Apple.

The mobile site does work on Android, and that is available at http://mobile.wdwmagic.com

Understand...Thanks!!!!

DisneyMusician2

Looks great Steve, but you guys should think about enabling landscape mode when you go to the forums. It makes it much easier to read and navigate in landscape.

Other than that, the app is really well done.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks great Steve, but you guys should think about enabling landscape mode when you go to the forums. It makes it much easier to read and navigate in landscape.

Other than that, the app is really well done.

Thanks. Yep we're aware of the landscape issue for the forum, but it's actually a heck of a job to do it. We're looking into it. The rest of the App does work optimally in Portrait. The Videos do support landscape switching.

If the forum is an issue for you, you can run it in Safari outside of the app.

WDWFigment

Enjoy! Let us know what you think, and if you like it, a review at iTunes would really help us out.

I tried to leave a review from my phone, but it "wouldn't take."

(See, I told you my phone was junk.)

I'll leave one tonight from the computer or tomorrow. Great work!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I tried to leave a review from my phone, but it "wouldn't take."

(See, I told you my phone was junk.)

I'll leave one tonight from the computer or tomorrow. Great work!

Thanks, glad you like! Appreciate the review!

prberk

Looks good!

Took me a while to find it, though. Using my iPod Touch (which works like iPhone), in the App Store it did not show up under "WDW Magic"... only the counter and ride finder did (your existing apps). Once there, I found your other name (Lantek) attached to those older ones, and searched under it, and THAT is how I found the new app.

So, maybe a search tag of some sort needs to be attached to the new WDW Magic app...

Anyhow, I have it now, and it looks good!

Paul

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks good!

Took me a while to find it, though. Using my iPod Touch (which works like iPhone), in the App Store it did not show up under "WDW Magic"... only the counter and ride finder did (your existing apps). Once there, I found your other name (Lantek) attached to those older ones, and searched under it, and THAT is how I found the new app.

So, maybe a search tag of some sort needs to be attached to the new WDW Magic app...

Anyhow, I have it now, and it looks good!

Paul

Glad you found us!

We're 'WDWMAGIC', all one word. That could have been the problem. It's also possible that since it was just released to the Apple Store it has not fully propagated to all of Apple's iTunes servers. So depending which one serves your search request, it may not appear.

If anyone is having any problems finding it, you can head to http://www.wdwmagic.com/mobile.htm for a direct link.

MissM

Looks cool but I'm behind the times and haven't updated my Touch to iOS4 yet. It's a full system restore update and I don't want to re-import everything. :lol:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks cool but I'm behind the times and haven't updated my Touch to iOS4 yet. It's a full system restore update and I don't want to re-import everything. :lol:

iTunes will look after it all for you, it isn't a big deal to upgrade at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom