WDWMAGIC launches new iPhone App edition of WDWMAGIC.COM - Available FREE from iTunes

JustInTime

I should have qualified "largest user base" as being within WDWMAGIC. We look at the stats generated by visitors to our mobile site over the last year, and Apple iOS has the largest percentage of users by some margin.

There are all kinds of facts and figure that both Apple and Android use to argue who is on top (a new report comes out almost daily - see this one from Jan 2011 ranking iOS first in the USA http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20026975-37.html), but for us, the use of real world data from WDWMAGIC stats, and the fact that however you look at it, iOS is MASSIVELY popular and has a gigantic userbase, it's the platform we chose to go with.

Well, perhaps your numbers are inaccurate. I don't care for the mobile version of your site and the full version takes too long. So I just get on your site on my computer. If you are that curious, then do a poll and se how many people would buy the app. I know I would. I am sure I am not the only one htat doesn't bother with the site during the day.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I just downloaded the app! I had the ride counter, but had to take it off because it was too depressing to look at the number always at 0 since I don't live next door anymore. Gotta say though, this app will be staying. Great job Steve on a job well done!

One thing I don't know if it can be added (from what I have seen in the past 2 minutes): On the calendar, have it where we can click on the park and see what's open/under refurbishment/etc.

I know what I'll be spending the rest of my night at work doing now. :lol:

Thanks for the feedback and glad you are liking it. The calendar work is already underway and is coming for the next version very soon. :)

If you get a chance, leaving a review on iTunes would be really helpful for us. :)

GMRO

The wife and I just dl'ed your app a night ago or so on our iTouchG4's and it's pretty nice. We'll have to shoot you folks some positive feedback...it is nice. We'd pay for it...say under $3... ;).

As some say, the BACK button would be nice as well as the landscape option. BUT that's not a deal breaker. The pages load fast and we can't wait to use this on our May11' vacation with our Mi-Fi. I think you chose the right format... We are BB folks but the more we use our iDevices the more we wonder what took us to long to jump on board. Sure the Droids are nice but I'm tired of having a BRICK in my pocket these days. Technology can bog you down at times. Darn it, I just want a PHONE that talks well. I've plenty of OTHER toys to do the things I want. The iDevice and this new app are great!

Thanks for the FREE APP and time spent to develop it. Can't wait to see what you have next in your offerings.

GOOD LUCK!

kapeman

No Android Apps are currently in development from us. This app took us a year to build, and at the moment we don't have the resources to start on another platform. We chose Apple because it has the largest user base, and happens to be the device that we use here. This may change in the future, but at the moment we are focussed on Apple.

The mobile site does work on Android, and that is available at http://mobile.wdwmagic.com

Why not use something like tapatalk and let someone else do the heavy lifting for you?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The wife and I just dl'ed your app a night ago or so on our iTouchG4's and it's pretty nice. We'll have to shoot you folks some positive feedback...it is nice. We'd pay for it...say under $3... ;).

As some say, the BACK button would be nice as well as the landscape option. BUT that's not a deal breaker. The pages load fast and we can't wait to use this on our May11' vacation with our Mi-Fi. I think you chose the right format... We are BB folks but the more we use our iDevices the more we wonder what took us to long to jump on board. Sure the Droids are nice but I'm tired of having a BRICK in my pocket these days. Technology can bog you down at times. Darn it, I just want a PHONE that talks well. I've plenty of OTHER toys to do the things I want. The iDevice and this new app are great!

Thanks for the FREE APP and time spent to develop it. Can't wait to see what you have next in your offerings.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the feedback. The Back button, landscape and more will be out in the next release, which shouldn't be that far away. :) A review on iTunes would be great - thanks!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Why not use something like tapatalk and let someone else do the heavy lifting for you?

Taptalk just covers the forum. The iPhone App we developed covers the entire WDWMAGIC site, so it's completely custom.

Unomas

Awesome! Just got it and first impressions are excellent with just a few points of interest.

Landscape mode for the forums would be nice. If I want to read the forums this might force me out of your app and into Safari.

Other than that I love it. Thanks guys!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Awesome! Just got it and first impressions are excellent with just a few points of interest.

Landscape mode for the forums would be nice. If I want to read the forums this might force me out of your app and into Safari.

Other than that I love it. Thanks guys!

Glad you like it, landscape mode for the forums is coming soon!

yeti

First to rate/review it on the app store! :wave::D

I've been waiting a long time for this...

EDIT: And my iPhone neglects to submit my rating....typical.

WDWScottieBoy

Thanks for the feedback and glad you are liking it. The calendar work is already underway and is coming for the next version very soon. :)

If you get a chance, leaving a review on iTunes would be really helpful for us. :)

Will do for ya! I'll be sure to use it while at the parks this week too!

Thanks again Steve!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
First to rate/review it on the app store! :wave::D

I've been waiting a long time for this...

EDIT: And my iPhone neglects to submit my rating....typical.

Thanks! Hope you can get it to go through - reviews are a big help to us :)

GMRO

Thanks for the feedback. The Back button, landscape and more will be out in the next release, which shouldn't be that far away. :) A review on iTunes would be great - thanks!

iTune review done!

THANKS! Will use it for sure in May2011'!!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hey Steve...any considerations for an iPad app in the future? :)

I think it's worth looking at, although the iPad does a great job of running the full site, which we did make some specific iPad modifications for. It's less of any obvious case than the Iphone which really benefits from the specific app VS the web site.

JoeH

New App

Love the app! I just purchased the new Verizon iPhone and out of all the WDW apps, this is the one I love the most. I don't post much but spend many a lunch break (like now) and time in the evenings reading all the posts. We will use it for our next trip.

Thanks again,

Joe

P.S. I posted a review in the iTunes store for you!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Love the app! I just purchased the new Verizon iPhone and out of all the WDW apps, this is the one I love the most. I don't post much but spend many a lunch break (like now) and time in the evenings reading all the posts. We will use it for our next trip.

Thanks again,

Joe

P.S. I posted a review in the iTunes store for you!

Great to hear! Glad you are enjoying it. We've got a lot of updates coming this year, the first of which improving the forum navigation should be out next week all being well with the App Store approval process. Thanks for the review!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Updated version of the WDWMAGIC app now available in the app store.

To update, touch the 'App Store' icon on your iPhone/iPod, then touch 'Updates'.
http://itunes.apple.com/app/wdwmagic-wdw-news/id422844701?mt=8#

WHAT'S NEW IN THIS VERSION

- Quick access navigation buttons added to the Discussion Forums: 'Back', 'Home', 'New Posts' and 'Search'.

- Discussion Forums now support landscape orientation as well as portrait.

Screenshots now at http://www.wdwmagic.com/Other/WDWMA...App-now-available-in-the-App-Store---FREE.htm

jwarren3768

Thanks

Just d/l'ed the latest version for my Verizon iPhone4. Seems nice. Kind of on the slow-ish side, but that could be due to my clunky 3G connection. Will have to try at home on Wi-Fi. Also, couldn't figure out how to reply from the app, replying from PC.

Looks very promising!

J.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom