WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Something of note, I'm able to find multiple times on multiple days within the 30 day window for FEA, 7DMT, TSMM, NRJ, and many other rides that traditionally I struggled to get at 30 days prior to the big change. That's evidence enough for me.

More reason to be happy this change is a thing, I can now get FP+ that I couldn't or struggled to get before.

disneyworlddad

Something of note, I'm able to find multiple times on multiple days within the 30 day window for FEA, 7DMT, TSMM, NRJ, and many other rides that traditionally I struggled to get at 30 days prior to the big change. That's evidence enough for me.

More reason to be happy this change is a thing, I can now get FP+ that I couldn't or struggled to get before.

This is encouraging!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Your level of hyperboyle, reaching and exaggeration is so horrible now I really think wdwmagic should force a disclaimer in your signature line. Please cut the crap...

View attachment 210033 View attachment 210034 View attachment 210035

Source - Touringplans - which is far more reputable than you

I can only speak to the times I've visited which generally have been during the summer as DW is a teacher, Touringplans times are moving averages.

But heck I haven't had admission media to WDW since August 2015 and will not be buying any in the forseeable future either.

But just for giggles I still have the MDE app on my phone and right now at DINNERTIME 5:51 EDT the standby wait for HM is 45 minutes...
EPCOT appears to be a ghost town SSE is 5 minutes as even Soarin is only 35 mins
DHS also a ghost town as longest wait is 60 Mins for TSMM

Last edited:

jakeman

I can only speak to the times I've visited which generally have been during the summer as DW is a teacher, Touringplans times are moving averages.

But heck I haven't had admission media to WDW since August 2015 and will not be buying any in the forseeable future either.
So you're saying we should believe you, a known liar who claims to have not entered a park in almost two years over a website that aggregates thousands of data points.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
So you're saying we should believe you, a known liar who claims to have not entered a park in almost two years over a websites that aggregates thousands of data points.
cd92914a2bf2bdf79f91a99b91ce8e80.jpg

MinnieWaffles

Maybe if Disney didn't have silly rules, people wouldn't resort to silly strategies. For example, why the heck are you only able to schedule Fast Passes for one park, even if you have a park hopper ticket? Why set an arbitrary 3 Fast Pass limit, instead of limiting it based on the times you book your Fast Pass reservations to simply avoid overlapping times? Why the categorization of attractions which further limits you to only one Fast Pass for rides in certain categories? I have never heard of large scale cheating of Universal's Express Pass or any other similar service, possibly because they don't have silly restrictions that make no sense.

At the end of the day, it's a theme park. You make a fastpass or get in line. Simple. If you haven't got over having to book fastpasses still after 3 years, that's your problem and there's no point in crossing your arms and pouting about it on a forum.

peter11435

But just for giggles I still have the MDE app on my phone and right now at DINNERTIME 5:51 EDT the standby wait for HM is 45 minutes...
EPCOT appears to be a ghost town SSE is 5 minutes as even Soarin is only 35 mins
DHS also a ghost town as longest wait is 60 Mins for TSMM
It was also raining at that time which has a significant effect on attraction wait times. Both positive and negative depending on the atttraction.

freediverdude

Well all I can say is, someone or a site that is not beholden to Disney needs to send someone or a team to the parks to test all these scenarios and report the results of what you now can and cannot do. If I didn't have a pass that is blocked out for the summer I would be over there right now doing that to find out for myself and report it. And I will be willing to do it in the fall if there is still interest by then. I just can't believe we still don't know anything for sure.

awilliams4

Well all I can say is, someone or a site that is not beholden to Disney needs to send someone or a team to the parks to test all these scenarios and report the results of what you now can and cannot do. If I didn't have a pass that is blocked out for the summer I would be over there right now doing that to find out for myself and report it. And I will be willing to do it in the fall if there is still interest by then. I just can't believe we still don't know anything for sure.
We know for sure already, some just refuse to believe it.

Kman101

I know some of us are jaded on Disney but why are some of you having such a hard time accepting that they are doing this?

BlindChow

People keep saying this but who's going to run to social media so they can be laughed at for not following the rules?
This is such a strange stance to take. Sure, the forum members here would laugh at someone getting their comeuppance, but there are plenty of places online where information about subverting Disney loopholes is actually lauded.

Any information post-"crackdown" would be invaluable on those sites, especially if it involved warnings about what not to do. If people were getting locked out to any substantial degree, we would hear about it somewhere.

Besides, people post far more embarrassing things online everyday. Do you really think this is the line that everyone on the internet would be too humiliated to cross?

Last edited:

jakeman

Because they can't accept that Disney has become a soulless megacorporation, with more power than many small countries and the only thing Disney is interested in at the moment is short term profit irrespective of damage to the overall Disney brand.
What does that have to do with enforcing FP+ rules?

Kman101

This is such a strange stance to take. Sure, the forum members here would laugh at someone getting their comeuppance, but there are plenty of places online where information about subverting Disney loopholes is actually lauded.

Any information post-"crackdown" would be invaluable on those sites, especially if it involved warnings about what not to do. If people were getting locked out in any substantial degree, we would hear about it somewhere.

Besides, people post far more embarrassing things online everyda. Do you really think this is the line that everyone on the internet would be too humiliated to cross?

Why is it a strange stance to take? Would YOU post how you were locked out for breaking their rules?

Would you run to Facebook and post how you tried to break their rules and then were locked out of their app? I'm sure a few will but I'm not sure why people think this isn't happening because they aren't seeing detailed reports.

Don't know why you chose to focus on me saying they'd be laughed at. It's a bit of hyperbole/exaggeration. But my point stands. It has nothing to do with humilating someone.

@drizgirl would YOU post on social media or a message board on how Disney locked you out for breaking the rules?

I'm choosing to believe they are doing what they said they would do until proven otherwise. Just like some are choosing to believe they aren't because there aren't detailed reports everywhere. I don't know why anyone would think someone's going to rush to the internet to post about breaking the rules. Someone, sure, somewhere will whine about how unfair it is but really, ask yourself, would YOU?

Last edited:

BlindChow

Why is it a strange stance to take? Would YOU post how you were locked out for breaking their rules?
I understand wanting to believe Disney is doing what they say they're going to do.

What I find odd is saying "people would be too embarrassed to admit it" as a counter to lack of evidence that it's happening. Maybe you just haven't really seen much of the internet to understand there are people who take pride in posting such exploits. They even post about doing actual crimes (far more serious than getting locked out of Disney). There's a whole world of people willing to post stuff online that you and I would never dream of...

If lockouts were happening in any substantial way, the word would get out. And not just in a vague "because they said they were going to!" way.

And yes, if it happened to me, I would absolutely post about it here, particularly in the context of this conversation, if for nothing else than to prove to people that Disney is in fact doing what it has claimed.

(to note: I wouldn't use this exploit even if it was still being allowed. Plenty of others would and did.)

Last edited:

BlindChow

Multiple attempts resulted in at least one person getting locked for using the same day magic band exploit at kiosks.
I can believe one person.

I would be very surprised if it is happening en masse, though. I imagine Disney will use this only as a "nuclear option" for the most egregious of violators (presumably travel agents and those actually making money off the exploit).

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm choosing to believe they are doing what they said they would do until proven otherwise. Just like some are choosing to believe they aren't because there aren't detailed reports everywhere.

Because there is a huge difference between saying "we don't know" and "I will say it is so until I can be proved otherwise". One is a position of knowledge... one is enabling the increase in misinformation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom