WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

drizgirl

Why they eye roll? It's common sense. Just because you don't have account after account of it doesn't make it untrue. There's been an account of someone getting locked out. Others on here have said so as well. Not sure what would make you believe it. Go try it and see if they lock your account.

The eye roll wasn't necessary.
I second @Kman101, if you are so sure this isn't happening then go ahead and test it and report back.

I can't say it's not happening any more than you can say it is. I've actually seen reports online of people testing this with no problem, although I take all reports on both sides of this with a grain of salt.

Not sure why you would think I could try this for myself. Not everyone has a pile of APs or extra tickets laying around or could just pop into the parks for a test.

Kman101

I can't say it's not happening any more than you can say it is. I've actually seen reports online of people testing this with no problem, although I take all reports on both sides of this with a grain of salt.

Not sure why you would think I could try this for myself. Not everyone has a pile of APs or extra tickets laying around or could just pop into the parks for a test.

Ok

Kingoglow

Wow - there's a TON of misinformation in this topic already.

1. Accounts aren't being locked en masse as some would like you to believe. Guests that have "frozen" accounts are due to conflicting ticket media, which is surprisingly nothing new.

2. Validation of ticket media being used for entry has not been added to the kiosks in the park (unless something happened within the past 48 hours that I was not made aware of).

3. For those complaining about people who don't cancel Fastpasses and let them go to waste if they don't use them - guess what, it doesn't make a difference, so save your breath complaining about it on here! Why? The system in which Fastpasses are distributed is set up so that fastpasses are not "redeposited" once a guest cancels them! Instead, a master planning system allocates a specific amount of fastpasses per attraction each day based on many different inputs (forecasted park attendance, operating hours, estimated standby line times, average no-show/cancellation rate, etc) in advanced. Manual massaging of the data to the master table (which contains the inputs) is sometimes done by the analysts if they feel there's some variations that aren't being picked up by their forecasting (i.e. a special event, a major attraction at the same park being shut down for an unplanned refurbishment, etc). Fastpasses are only added back to an attraction during the actual day the fastpasses are meant to be used (i.e. today, 6/14, the system will start to reallocate more Fastpass inventory for all attractions for today only). This is done throughout the day and is done based on an equation that is analyzing the actual day of fastpass usage and cancel rate, park attendance, standby wait times, etc. It's for this reason, that you should NEVER listen to any of the CM's working the kiosks who will loudly proclaim that they are out of fastpasses for any attraction (even at Pandora). This is simply not true and should not prevent any one from trying to see if inventory of fastpasses exist for any specific attraction.

The ONLY people that park management are specifically targeting in Fastpass abuse are tour guides who have a record of multiple consecutive day visits and an above average amount of tickets linked to their MDE account. That's it. They are NOT targetting Lil' Jonny who is using Grandma Ethels fastpass for Everest because she doesn't want to ride it. The blogs and other fan sites have been over-exaggerating the extent of WDW's crackdown and sensationalized it to a point that all the eccentric personalities on the "other" board are losing it for no reason.

@markc
This is interesting. Are you suggesting that we are able to take advantage of the SDFP loophole?
Because at the price of a new magicband I don't see why everyone wouldn't take advantage of the loophole of kiosks not validating ticketed media (as has been reported).

drizgirl

@markc
This is interesting. Are you suggesting that we are able to take advantage of the SDFP loophole?
Because at the price of a new magicband I don't see why everyone wouldn't take advantage of the loophole of kiosks not validating ticketed media (as has been reported).
The SDFP loophole appears to be the only one that really was closed. You have to get those at a kiosk inside the park, and FPs issued there finally require valid ticket media be attached before a FP will be issued.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
The SDFP loophole appears to be the only one that really was closed. You have to get those at a kiosk inside the park, and FPs issued there finally require valid ticket media be attached before a FP will be issued.

Who's going to take one for the team and test to see if their account doesn't get locked out? :joyfull:

L.C. Clench

If you want to do any of the E-tickets you end up standing in line for a couple of hours also not fun.
Coming from the land before FP I would rather wait 2 hours for Soarin than 30 min for it in the FP line and then seeing artificially created 40 min waits for SE and Figment. At least those lines moved back then. Now people wait 2 hours in SB literally just standing.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not quite. Disney rules or even ticket terms do NOT supersede the law. While a ticket is revocable, Disney is still legally required to refund guests in full for any and all unused ticket media that they are revoking

Nope

Care to cite something supporting your belief?

peter11435

Not quite. Disney rules or even ticket terms do NOT supersede the law. While a ticket is revocable, Disney is still legally required to refund guests in full for any and all unused ticket media that they are revoking. This includes the value of any unused portion of an annual pass, multi day pass, or the purchase price of a one day ticket if they are asked to leave the park on the same day. They are allowed to reimburse the guest for this in either cash or a credit voucher. The only exceptions to this are if the revocation is due to a violation of laws which leads to an official complaint and/or arrest. In that instance, the guest loses all legal rights for a refund unless it is found that the guest is innocent of the charges or that the complaint that is brought against them has no merit.

So in a nutshell - yes., Disney can cancel anybody's ticket. But they can't do it without compensating the guest properly.....and it's for this reason that they are not doing this to Fastpass violators, despite what some are alluding to on here.
Locking a guests ability to book fastpasses is not the same as revoking a guests ticket. They would still have the ability to enter the park therefore getting what they paid for.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So just like it use to be before fastpass.

Looks like you had what you wanted all along.

9921737.gif

The difference is the Standby lines actually moved in the pre-FP+ days

absurdities like 2 hour waits at IASW, HM and SSE only happened NYE instead of frequently because of the addition of FP to rides which never needed it.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

absurdities like 2 hour waits at IASW, HM and SSE only happened NYE instead of frequently because of the addition of FP to rides which never needed it.

Oh please! "2 hour waits"! Those are nothing compared to the 4 hour waits for Flight of Passage when it opened! :hilarious:

flynnibus

Premium Member

Your level of hyperboyle, reaching and exaggeration is so horrible now I really think wdwmagic should force a disclaimer in your signature line. Please cut the crap...

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 1.23.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 1.24.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 1.25.16 PM.png

Source - Touringplans - which is far more reputable than you

Jedi Stitch

Look FP+ is great. After decades of doing rope drops to get get to ride a ride. Missing parades and shows just to ride a ride. Standing in the heat wishing they added snack stands in the ques. The day I went to DLR and was able to get a paper pass was great. Then I started to have to plan out my day around getting paper passes for the rides and it stopped being a spontaneous day. Then we went to WDW, and What, I can book out my days.Cool. Ok, I know it can be hard to plan out 6 months in advance what park you want to do, but that is how vacations work. You have to plan out. Once we planned it out set everything up. We only cared about time when we needed to hit our window. the rest of the day was carefree. If you are doing things correctly, you shouldn't have a problem.
Even following the rules I found that I couldn't get all the things I wanted. Now I know its from people gaming the system. Great hope you gamers had your fun. now let the White Pasty Family from Seattle have a chance to enjoy a ride or an ADR. Think about it, its obvious that you have to make things so far in advance just because the system was being gamed. Then after reading this topic, even the regular clubbers are creating the problem in them selves, because they cant decide on where to go and game the system by using different members of their parting to make multiple plans and that leave less for the people who know what they want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom