WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

L.C. Clench

One of biggest factors in deciding against visiting WDW is we don't like jumping through corporate hoops on vacation. FP+ is a system of hoops our touring style has always been what park do we want to visit today.
Choose an answer:

A) You can still decide what park you want to go each morning. FP+ doesn't force you to pick ahead of time and there are plenty of FP available each day.

B) FP+ is just a benefit to planners. If you want to just be carefree you can always use stand by lines.

C) You don't have to jump through any hoops you don't want to. It's your vacation just make your own magic.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Except Disney can revoke that ticket at their discretion... plus that pesky terms of service for the app. The only hope would be a class action lawsuit... and they'd lose anyways. Disney has much more at risk from a PR point of view than liability. And who knows... Disney could take the white horse approach and paint the targets are scum. But Disney won't do anything unless it's ultra extreme.

Disney is being scammed all day long by unofficial tours... those are far more of an impact and Disney doesn't ban them. Disney is conflict adverse... not in weak legal position
Given all the things guests do that CMs and WDW don't correct, a lawsuit over Disney actually enforcing some rules for a change might actually HELP their PR situation.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I despise the way it's being run, the creation of artificial scarcity through FP+ and the chronic understaffing. Continuing to give WDW money validates the way it's being run

Posting obsessively on a WDW forum also validates the way it is run. It shows you can't part with it despite all your protestations you hate it. Most normal people don't spend all day posting about a corporation they've given up on.

peter11435

Some people are having fantasies of assumed violators being shamed and themselves gaining endless FPs for their own jaunts in which of course they are entitled to everything under the sun ;), but they need to keep dreaming. If Disney starts locking MDE accounts they are playing with fire. Someone can't use their tickets that they paid for, they get a lawyer, boom, lawsuit
Disney has already locked accounts. If your break the rules you have to deal with the consequences. Boom, life.

halltd

Yep. Just get her three next time and when it expires she can get another one. We did the same with my daughter to keep her on same schedule as us. The only problem is you have to wait the hour so make that one an early one, not the last one of the day.
Mine never "expire". Last time my family was here, they booked me for three FPs near the end of the day (starting at like 5:30pm). I left work late, missed the 5:30pm FP, but used the following two. We then all tried to book a fourth and I couldn't because it said I hadn't used my three. I had to manually delete it (even though it was like 3 hours old) before I could book anything new.

markc

Wow - there's a TON of misinformation in this topic already.

1. Accounts aren't being locked en masse as some would like you to believe. Guests that have "frozen" accounts are due to conflicting ticket media, which is surprisingly nothing new.

2. Validation of ticket media being used for entry has not been added to the kiosks in the park (unless something happened within the past 48 hours that I was not made aware of).

3. For those complaining about people who don't cancel Fastpasses and let them go to waste if they don't use them - guess what, it doesn't make a difference, so save your breath complaining about it on here! Why? The system in which Fastpasses are distributed is set up so that fastpasses are not "redeposited" once a guest cancels them! Instead, a master planning system allocates a specific amount of fastpasses per attraction each day based on many different inputs (forecasted park attendance, operating hours, estimated standby line times, average no-show/cancellation rate, etc) in advanced. Manual massaging of the data to the master table (which contains the inputs) is sometimes done by the analysts if they feel there's some variations that aren't being picked up by their forecasting (i.e. a special event, a major attraction at the same park being shut down for an unplanned refurbishment, etc). Fastpasses are only added back to an attraction during the actual day the fastpasses are meant to be used (i.e. today, 6/14, the system will start to reallocate more Fastpass inventory for all attractions for today only). This is done throughout the day and is done based on an equation that is analyzing the actual day of fastpass usage and cancel rate, park attendance, standby wait times, etc. It's for this reason, that you should NEVER listen to any of the CM's working the kiosks who will loudly proclaim that they are out of fastpasses for any attraction (even at Pandora). This is simply not true and should not prevent any one from trying to see if inventory of fastpasses exist for any specific attraction.

The ONLY people that park management are specifically targeting in Fastpass abuse are tour guides who have a record of multiple consecutive day visits and an above average amount of tickets linked to their MDE account. That's it. They are NOT targetting Lil' Jonny who is using Grandma Ethels fastpass for Everest because she doesn't want to ride it. The blogs and other fan sites have been over-exaggerating the extent of WDW's crackdown and sensationalized it to a point that all the eccentric personalities on the "other" board are losing it for no reason.

markc

They can get a lawyer all they want but they're the ones breaking the rules Disney has in place. They don't stand a chance. Disney has every right to lock their MDE account and has every right to refuse them entry to the park.

Not quite. Disney rules or even ticket terms do NOT supersede the law. While a ticket is revocable, Disney is still legally required to refund guests in full for any and all unused ticket media that they are revoking. This includes the value of any unused portion of an annual pass, multi day pass, or the purchase price of a one day ticket if they are asked to leave the park on the same day. They are allowed to reimburse the guest for this in either cash or a credit voucher. The only exceptions to this are if the revocation is due to a violation of laws which leads to an official complaint and/or arrest. In that instance, the guest loses all legal rights for a refund unless it is found that the guest is innocent of the charges or that the complaint that is brought against them has no merit.

So in a nutshell - yes., Disney can cancel anybody's ticket. But they can't do it without compensating the guest properly.....and it's for this reason that they are not doing this to Fastpass violators, despite what some are alluding to on here.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Choose an answer:

A) You can still decide what park you want to go each morning. FP+ doesn't force you to pick ahead of time and there are plenty of FP available each day.

B) FP+ is just a benefit to planners. If you want to just be carefree you can always use stand by lines.

C) You don't have to jump through any hoops you don't want to. It's your vacation just make your own magic.

If you want to do any of the E-tickets you end up standing in line for a couple of hours also not fun.

So unless one enjoys standing in the noonday sun (Noel Coward comes to mind re 'mad dogs and englishmen')

Effectively you are forced to use FP and jump through its hoops as well as the ADR system if you want to hit TS meals.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Not quite. Disney rules or even ticket terms do NOT supersede the law. While a ticket is revocable, Disney is still legally required to refund guests in full for any and all unused ticket media that they are revoking. This includes the value of any unused portion of an annual pass, multi day pass, or the purchase price of a one day ticket if they are asked to leave the park on the same day. They are allowed to reimburse the guest for this in either cash or a credit voucher. The only exceptions to this are if the revocation is due to a violation of laws which leads to an official complaint and/or arrest. In that instance, the guest loses all legal rights for a refund unless it is found that the guest is innocent of the charges or that the complaint that is brought against them has no merit.

So in a nutshell - yes., Disney can cancel anybody's ticket. But they can't do it without compensating the guest properly.....and it's for this reason that they are not doing this to Fastpass violators, despite what some are alluding to on here.

There is no law that states that Disney has to refund your money. If they trespass you for rules violations, they don't refund you. If there's inclement weather, they don't refund you. If you have a bad time, it's very unlikely that they'll refund you. There have been people confirming you're wrong at least about #2 in your other comment as well.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you want to do any of the E-tickets you end up standing in line for a couple of hours also not fun.

So unless one enjoys standing in the noonday sun (Noel Coward comes to mind re 'mad dogs and englishmen')

Effectively you are forced to use FP and jump through its hoops as well as the ADR system if you want to hit TS meals.
So just like it use to be before fastpass.

Looks like you had what you wanted all along.

9921737.gif

Kman101

As long as you say so. :rolleyes:

Why they eye roll? It's common sense. Just because you don't have account after account of it doesn't make it untrue. There's been an account of someone getting locked out. Others on here have said so as well. Not sure what would make you believe it. Go try it and see if they lock your account.

The eye roll wasn't necessary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom